Home

The New Rebel Squadrons

Mikahal

(Actually guys the fleet was orbiting Tatooine and we went into hyperspace, we're on an unknown planet)

"Good news guys," I said as I returned to the common room. "The admiral and the rest of the super cruiser fleet got away and are currently in a classified position, well done on the defense. Now we just have to get this base up and running."

I made myself more comfortable.

"I've been informed that Tom and Zoric have been promoted to Flight leaders. Well done guys. And Ranre, Dakota and Oetch, you've been promoted to Sergeants."

I looked to the ground

"Who the hell is this guys?"

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Agreed, Captain Shaw, I want you and your men to do a complete search of the surrounding areas, contact us if you find anything, that's anything!" I said to Shaw.

"Medic, get this guy into hospital bay, if we're gonna find out where he came from we'll need to interrorgate him alive," I said to the medic.

"Also, Flight Leader Tom, you are now in charge of the hangar operations. I'm getting worried about Zoric though, he hasn't contacted us since the attack..."

(You guys have been in like 2 or 3 battles, I think that you at least deserve a promotion!)

I watched as the imposter was carried away from the common room.

"The rest of you get to work, we need this outpost up and running," I said to the rest of the pilots.

I walked to the command centre, Captain Shaw was waiting for me.

"What's the news captain?" I asked.

"Nothing in a 10 kilometre radius, perhaps he came with one of the transports disguised as a rebel officer," he replied.

"Yes there were a lot of Imperials onboard at the time of evacuation, he could have snuck onto a ship in the confusion," I said. "Good work captain, I'm sure the rebel leaders will be..." I was interrupted by an emergency encoded message.

A faint image of General Crix Madine came into view.

"Mik, we need your help! Our attack on the Imperial command base has gone horribly wrong. Wedge has been shot down and captured, our sources report that he was transported to the Kessel prison facilities and is currently about to be transferred by hovertrain to a higher security prison. We'd ask Rougue Squadron to do it but their ships are battleworn and unable to withstand another battle without repairs. We need you to assemble a squadron to attack the train and rescue Wedge. We'll meet you at nav. point 90367443.2664 with a rescue shuttle. Good luck." The transmission ended.

I got onto the base intercom.

"All pilot to the briefing room..."

"Well then looks like you guys got yourself volunteered!" I said grimly. "And also Oetch, we only need to disable the train long enough to get Wedge and the other rebels to safety, we don't want a blood bath."

I looked at the nervous new recruit.

"You must be Drake, I've heard a lot about you. If you're as good in a Y-wing as I've heard you'll be a worthy asset to us," I said to the recruit.

"Now, we need ion cannons to disable the train, but to attach them to any other class than a Y-wing will take time, time we don't have. Gold squadron are resting after their last battle so that means we have use of their Y's, Drake you can use your own. But in the mean time we need to prepare, be ready by 0745 hours. Breifing over."

"Hmmmm, I mustn't have made myself clear. It is a maximum security prison hovertrain. They are protected by laser and missle turrents and have air support from a squadron of Ties. I won't risk my pilots because we want to save Ion power. Now do I make myself clear?" I was getting frustrated. Wedge was about to be locked away for life and we were arguing. I got onto the intercom.

"All volunteered pilots to the main hangar, now!" We were leaving.

(For the record, Sergeant is a lower rank then Ensign)

"Sir I have an Idea for the mission. If we knock out the power cuplings at the head of the train we can stop it for good, however.... we'll need a team of ground assult troops to land on it and take it out with bombs. Then that will also stop all the cannons and turrets from working, in other words, it will be powerless."

Archived