Home

Who Thinks Droidekas Need a Boost

MistenTH

They are basically sitting ducks, as it takes just 2 rockets and some blasterfire to burn it down. In vehicle maps turning the shield on just screams SHOOT HERE.

I'd think it needs strafing, even at the current slow speeds, and that the shield ALWAYS regenerates, even when on, just that it's slower than when it's off.

If the shield overloads, it will have to recharge back to full before it can be turned on again, for balancing.

What do you guys think?

The deka also needs to be more accurate and shoot with the 2 left guns at the same time then the 2 right guns at the same time like in the movies. The shields visibility also needs to be reduced over distances since turning on your shield is just crying out "shoot me".

There would be no point in strafing, since it would strafe so slow that all it would do is make it more difficult to aim. Plus, the leg structure is impossible to make it strafe.

I've made a mod which replaces the Jet Trooper with a Clone Commander (meaning there's no EMP Launcher in the game anymore), and the Droideka definantly will have a better time.

Originally posted by pnkparasite

When a droidekas sheild runs out it's pretty much already dead. It's so slow it can't run away and when its in a ball its out of control. And yes it is weak.

yes yes that is true... and if u r moving and firing u won't even hit the person ur trying to kill!:mad:

Archived