Home

Carth + Scorch = Same Person?

Joetheeskimo

I was just on the RC official site listening to voice print samples on the Squad page. When I got to RC-1262 ('Scorch'), I immediately rezognized the voice. Scorch sounds uncannily like Carth Onasi from Knights of the Old Republic, expect for Scorch's voice sounding slightly more filtered and mechanical becuase he's wearing a helmet. I could be wrong, but sounds to me like LucasArts used the same voice actor that played Carth (Raphael Sbarge, according to the KOTOR site) to play Scorch. Anyone else think so? Am I right?

Listen for yourself:

Click here and then click Raphael Sbarge / Carth Onasi.

Then, while his voice is fresh in your mind, click here, hit the right button three times, click on the picture of Delta six-two, and click a voice print sample.

If they're not identical, they're at least very much alike.

Originally posted by ZBomber

I see! Sounds very alike! I wouldn't be suprised, Carth had a very memorable and good acting voice. :)

Nice fine. ;)

find* :xp:

Personally, I found Carth's personality a bit obnoxious. But that doesn't mean the voice behind it sucked, and he is a good voice actor.

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

find* :xp:

Personally, I found Carth's personality a bit obnoxious. But that doesn't mean the voice behind it sucked, and he is a good voice actor.

Yeh, but he really portrayed the emotions better then most people could.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418195/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9cmVwdWJsaWMgY29tbWFuZG98aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=1;ft=1

funny on imdb.com the only voice listed is the guy who played jango fett. but i remember in a video a developer said that they used different voices for each trooper. and the voice does sound like carth if he was wearing a trooper's helmet. i wouldn't mind seeing the voice actors from kotor. they did a good job in my opinion. considering how some ppl don't care about video game voice acting, it be nice to know we are getting someone who cares.

Originally posted by Alegis

Definitely not the same person, carth has a deeper voice

Defintely? Nothing is definite, first of all. No-one ahs porrf, and besides everyon'e voice is altered when they put on a helmet. Especially in the case of Jango Fett (with his helmet on, his voice sounded higher) and Darth Vader (voice lower). His expression and everything sounds the same, just a tiny difference in pitch.

...everyon'e voice is altered when they put on a helmet. Especially in the case of ... Darth Vader (voice lower). His expression and everything sounds the same, just a tiny difference in pitch.

Vader is a different actor when he has the helmet on.

Yeah, it sounds like Carth to me.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

Vader is a different actor when he has the helmet on.

Yeah, it sounds like Carth to me.

I know that, but I'm saying that in general, Star Wars characters have altered voices when they have helemts on, so LucasArts would've edited his voice to make it sound more filtered, high, through the helmet.

That's because they're speaking trough a communicator when wearing a helmet, so they could make the helmet airtight. Vader's helmet is airtight, STormtrooper helmets too, i believe, so it's not unreasonable that the Clone Commando's also have airtight helmets, and thus have to speak trough a microfone, wich alters their voice a bit.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I believe all the voices for the clones are done by Temuera Morrison. Seeing as they are clones of Jango Fett, whom he played. Thus it'd only make sense he do their voices.

IIRC he only does the voice for the leader dude.

I believe all the voices for the clones are done by Temuera Morrison. Seeing as they are clones of Jango Fett, whom he played. Thus it'd only make sense he do their voices.

I doubt he'd be able to make four completely different, authentic-sounding voices. Every human has their own slight vocie difference, and we'd be able to detect the similarity in the four different voices. There's a young sounding voice, and American-accentedone, and English-accented one...no, I don't think so.

I doubt he'd be able to make four completely different, authentic-sounding voices. Every human has their own slight vocie difference, and we'd be able to detect the similarity in the four different voices. There's a young sounding voice, and American-accentedone, and English-accented one...no, I don't think so.

yea i agree with joe here.... u could make ur voice lower or higher but that is not the case here... they all sound different and 1 person couldn't do that all... at least that is wat i think...:D

A well trained voice actor could, but I doubt he is a trained voice actor. *shrugs*

Doesn't seem logical, he'd have to do over voice sayings for each clone, trying to get them to sound like the correct person each time.

Actually what they usually do is get a character to say all their lines one day, next character says all their lines the next day, so on and so forth. So if it was one person doing all the voices, the person would say one characters voices all at once, then they'd load up the set for the next character to be recorded, continue in that process.

Archived