Home

Best Movies Of '04

Mike Windu

Don't you love list threads? Here are my best movies I saw in 2004. Post yours. (if you need a refresher on movies released, check here

Best CG movie - pfft. The Incredibles.

Best Animated Movie - The Spongebob Squarepants Movie

Best Straight to DVD Film - The Three Musketeers (Disney)

Best Superhero Movie - Spiderman 2

Best Comedy - Dodgeball :D

Best Thriller - Collateral

Biggest Dissappointments for 2004: Hero, and Troy

Read, post, discuss. Slit each others throats over movie preference!

I'm kidding, I swars! :p

When I read through that list I realised how many of the (supposedly) good movies that were released this year I missed.

Among the once I actually watched, I'd have to say that Hellboy and The Ladykillers were the best ones, and none of those were remarkably great... :/

I don't see many, and those I do are with the kids (when my wife and I get a babysitter, I'd rather spend time *with* her than just sitting next to her in a theater!)

So ... the Best:

- Incredibles

- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Good, but IMO over-rated

- Shrek 2

Worst

- Garfield

- SpongeBob Squarepants (and I actually like the show)

Mike

I wasn't too much in love witrh most of the moviesfrom 2004, i'd say the very best was the Incredibles.

Haven't seen Shaun of the Dead, might rent it. I think i'd like it. Team America: World Police however, I think would be crap.

I don't think I would like it.

Lemme get this straight:

Making fun of one thing: Usually bias.

Making fun of everything: Just plain uncreative.

Making fun of select things: If done right, pure gold.

Team America: World Police, from what I hear, makes fun of just about all the political crap, which I want to stay away from anyways after '04.

Plus, it's a puppet movie, I mean comon. :p

[EDIT] Note about Michael Moore: I don't think Michael Moore is even worth making fun of. From my perspective he's just some guy trying to be famous, and sort of succeded. And he puts his pictures on all his movie covers, he practicaly makes fun of himself.

2004 wasn't a very good movie year for me. Of course many of those movies weren't shown (at least yet) here where I live, like "House of Flying Daggers", which might have been interesting. "Hero" isn't 2004 movie :confused: It was in theaters a long time ago, uhhuh... But it's a great movie, one of the best I have ever seen. In my opinion "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" was a good movie, and I liked it a lot.

I really can't say which one is the worst, since I considered last year a bad movie year and didn't visit theaters that much, thus missing the bad ones, fortunately.

I haven't seen a lot of movies this year. I will say that I did not like Team America or Anchorman. The humor just seemed to stupid for me. It is just weird because I love soutpark dudes and I like Will F. but I just had a bad time watching those movies.

Top 3:

KB vol2 - I like talking

Incredibles

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The most fun I had watching though was Garden State. Sort of like a breath of fresh air.

The Terminal was really good too except I think it went a bit long like they were trying to stretch the time over what it should have been. I liked the whole adapting thing.

BTP

Best CG - The Incredibles.

Best Animated - Not sure there were any.

Best Superhero - Hellboy

Best Comedy - Shaun of the dead

Best Thriller - None i can remember

Best Scary Movie - The grudge

Best Movie - Lost In Translation

Best Straight to DVD - Mulan 2 (only one I saw so it wins by default, but it was ok.

Biggest Dissappointments for 2004:

Kill Bill 2 (kb1 rocked, kb2 was so bad it was a joke. How did that happen? seriously?)

Spiderman 2 (can anyone say overhype?),

House of flying daggers (not as good as hero),

AVP (dire),

Blade trinity (meh!)

2004 Was a terrible year for movies. Hardly any good ones at all that i can think of (when usually i have trouble narrowing down the list). No good thrillers. No good scifi or fantasy films (no LOTR!!! :( ).

Lost in translation was a classic. Hellboy & the incredibles were pretty good. Not a lot else even made it up to average.

Archived