Home

System requirements

Pad

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP

Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer required.

CPU: Pentium III or Athlon 1.0 GHz or faster CPU required.

Memory: 256MB RAM required.

Graphics Card: 64MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) capability required.

Sound Card: 100DirectX 9.0c compatible Audio Device.

CD-ROM: 8X Speed CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive required.

Input Device: Keyboard and Mouse required.

DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is included on this CD.

NOTE: Your system may require the "latest" drivers for your particular hardware.

Installation: 2 GB of free hard disk space required. Additional free space required after game installation for Windows swap file and save games.

RECOMMENDED CPU: Pentium 4 2.0 GHz, or Athlon XP 2400 2.0 GHz or faster CPU recommended.

Memory: 512MB RAM recommended.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForceFX 5700 or higher.

MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT Local Area Network Play: Supports up to 16 players via Local Area Network.

Internet Play: Supports up to 16 players via 56Kps or faster connection to the Internet.

Internet Hosting: Broadband connection required.

VIDEO CHIPSETS SUPPORTED AT TIME OF RELEASE:

ATI Radeon 8500

ATI Radeon 9x00 Family

ATI Radeon Xx00 Family

IntelR GMA Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce3 Family

NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti Family

NVIDIA GeForceFX Family

Originally posted by ZBomber

I'm no expert at computers but:

"Pentium 4 2.0 GHz"

Isn't that a lot? Maybe not, I think my PC can handle it though.

That is the recommended processor speed, but it is not the required processor speed. As long as your computer is above 1.0 ghz, the required processor speed, the game will run fine.

Originally posted by Winduwt105

how well would the game run on a system of these specs?

Sempron 2800+ (2.0ghz)

Evga Geforce FX5200 128mb

over 512 mb ram

yeah, probably minimum settings. So a 6800 LE or 6600 GT would be a nice new high-medium range card that is fresh and not two years old. =) I'm getting a 6800 LE my self.

Edit, I got my self a Leadtek 6800 instead. Not the GT or Ultra version, just the plain version. It was just a 50 bucks more than the LE version and I get 12 pipelines instead and 8, and that will pay off in like 1 or 2 years. Atleast if I understand some of the tech talk right about pipelines and data bandwidth.

• 2 weeks later...
Graphics Card: 64MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) capability required.

*grumbles* What is Vertex and Picel Shader!?! You know how sometimes they put a lot of stuff on the system reqs that doesn't need to be there? I hope this is one of those times.

My specs:

Intel Celeron 2.8 Ghz

512 RAM

Win XP

Intel Crap card... that CAN run Doom 3 and HL2, according to intel. Doom 3 has to be on the lowest settings though, while HL2 should be about average (I assume)

I'll wait a while, since this Intel Card isn't even a year old yet, it should be ok, and I normally see forum posts with my card mentioned, I did for battlefront, so I will wait and see.

it will run only maby you can't run it on full grafics

I will run. What are you talking about, it will run just fine. Probably not full graphics but definatly not lowest settings. He could probably turn the Geometric Detail on high, while leave the textures on low or medium... 16 Bit, or Bilinear. You will have to experiment, but unless your computer is slow in general, it should be ok.

You don't need a brand new card to run games with high settings. I turn games made a little over a year ago on high settings with my Intel Card, and still get decent framerate. And I know my Intel Card can't compete with GeForce cards made 2 years ago...

Don't underestimate your computers, now. A GeForce FX 5200 can definitely do more than minimum graphics--I've got one and I'm running the HL2 demo with everything turned up to high (although it won't let me switch DirectX from 8 to 9) with no problems. And based on experience with several other games and demos, I'm sure that my 800 Mhz P3 will have no problem with RC.

Make sure you fiddle around with the graphics settings when you get the game; you won't know what your computer can handle until you actually try it.

Disclaimer: I'm running Win98, which might help performance a bit. Then again, a Ghz range processor should cancel out any of XP's extra demands...maybe.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

*grumbles* What is Vertex and Picel Shader!?! You know how sometimes they put a lot of stuff on the system reqs that doesn't need to be there? I hope this is one of those times.

My specs:

Intel Celeron 2.8 Ghz

512 RAM

Win XP

Intel Crap card... that CAN run Doom 3 and HL2, according to intel. Doom 3 has to be on the lowest settings though, while HL2 should be about average (I assume)

I'll wait a while, since this Intel Card isn't even a year old yet, it should be ok, and I normally see forum posts with my card mentioned, I did for battlefront, so I will wait and see.

Vertex and pixel shaders are programs that run on your GPU (which means your card has to have a GPU). They're used for things like bump mapping and water effects...if your card can run Doom 3, you're *probably* fine.

Vertex and pixel shaders are programs that run on your GPU (which means your card has to have a GPU). They're used for things like bump mapping and water effects...if your card can run Doom 3, you're *probably* fine.

Intel said that, I never actually said it.

Which unreal engine does it use? Remember, they upgraded it, so who knows how it will be, if they added this pixel thing in then it probably won't work. I know in KOTOR they used some pixel stuff for the water, but I never saw any water. I must assume that my card doesn't support it... same with max payne and mirrors.

Perhaps it just won't show the water? I'll see...

Demo runs great for me on full settings. I notice a little burp everytime some scripted event happens (only at first, after that it's fine).

I've got:

Athlon 2400XP+ (2 ghz)

256 mb sdram (pc133 mushkin)

ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 AGP 128 mb DDR

Soundblaster Live! soundcard

Archived