Home

KOTOR 2 Endings

gmarti01

THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS INVOLVING THE GAME SO IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENES STOP READING NOW !

Hey, I didnt really know where to go with this so I'll ask here. I just beat the game today and wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1) I beat the game primarily as a Light Side character. My game ended with a final confrontation with Kreia. I didnt have much of an 'ending' persay, just the Hawk escaping Malachor V. In KOTOR 1 there were alternate endings for light side or dark side, so I ask is there a dark side ending in this game ?

2) In KOTOR 1, if you went throughout the whole game as a light side character but made the decision to join Bastila at the Temple Sumit, your allignment swung all the way to the dark side and hence altered the ending of the game (a critical moment if u will). My second question is, is there a similiar event that alters the ending of the game in KOTOR 2 ?

Not really a spoiler question:

3) Kinda a random question, but I heard that you can kill Carth in KOTOR 1 (i never did it personally), but if it were true, how is he in this game ? Are we to assume that KOTOR 2's setting is on the basis that Revan saved the Republic (as in completed his quest as a LS character) ?

(1)

Of course there's a darkside ending.:)

(2)

I wouldn't say that there's a "critical point," because by the end, you are fully dedicated to one side, the story events are driven by this side, and you cannot change.

(3)

You can kill Carth in KOTOR I if you were a darkside female.

Originally posted by Derc Stryfe

(1)

Of course there's a darkside ending.:)

Is the ending I got the LS ending ? Basically the Hawk flying away from Malachor and then abrutly ending ?

(2)

I wouldn't say that there's a "critical point," because by the end, you are fully dedicated to one side, the story events are driven by this side, and you cannot change.

Really ? I cant believe that there isnt like a critical decision that once you do or carry out a particular act the ending will be on or another similiar to the decision at the temple sumit in KOTOR 1. I am going through some of my various save point at the end of the game to try and find it. Say you did half the quests DS and half LS, there has to be some kind of event that triggers the LS ending or the DS ending. Thoughts ?

(3)

You can kill Carth in KOTOR I if you were a darkside female.

I guess they kinda ignore that for the sequel, eh? ;-)

Originally posted by gmarti01

Is the ending I got the LS ending ? Basically the Hawk flying away from Malachor and then abrutly ending ?

Play through as DS and see! :D

Originally posted by gmarti01

Really ? I cant believe that there isnt like a critical decision that once you do or carry out a particular act the ending will be on or another similiar to the decision at the temple sumit in KOTOR 1. I am going through some of my various save point at the end of the game to try and find it. Say you did half the quests DS and half LS, there has to be some kind of event that triggers the LS ending or the DS ending. Thoughts ?

That's the whole point, that there was only one decision in KOTOR was kind of lame, your decisions through the whole game should affect the games outcome not just one conversation.

Though once you get your Prestiege Class the ending you are getting is pretty much set, though how you get there is up to you... to get the class you have to be 75+ LS or 25- DS, seen the Cutscene with Nihilus and Visas, have Recruited Visas, and be level 15 in your first class.

The first time I played through as a Conselar/Sith Lord, I actually did everything main story wise as LS, got the Jedi Council to gather and everything, I even let them try to strip the Force from me and then Krea killed them. but I still got the DS ending.

This feature was far better than in KOTOR I IMHO. :D

Yes, that is the LS ending. The DS ending is different, but don't get your hopes up.

As for the the critical decision, things can get complicated.

For instance, what if you kill only ONE Jedi Master and meet the rest one Dantooine? When you get there, the survivors call you a Sith and attack you.

But still, this gets you a LS ending. But don't take my word on that... :rolleyes:

Hmm. Now that I think about it, what does determine it? Your alignment at certain points in the game will determine what dialogs are available to you...and some characters (party members and NPCs) will know if you're light of dark. There is no neutral.

Yeah, sorry if that didn't help much...

Thanks Hawke.

So basically, are you trying to tell me I gotta play the whole game over again ? :)

I just saw that my last save was at the 41 hour mark.....what a dauntin task ! :o

BUT WHAT A GREAT GAME ! :)

By the way, im still a bit confused abotu one last thing:

Am I just a little short-sighted or did I miss what REALLY happened to the exile at Malachor V ? What was SOOOO tragic ? Did he kill Jedi ? If he followed Revan then he fought Mandalorians no ? Did the exile discover the Sith Temple at Malachor V along with Revan and Malak and thats what led him to strip himself of the force ? Does he strip himself of the Force AFTER he is exiled ? Ha, sorry for all the questions, but the game is so long its tough to remember everything.

Yes, that is the LS ending. The DS ending is different, but don't get your hopes up.

As for the the critical decision, things can get complicated.

For instance, what if you kill only ONE Jedi Master and meet the rest one Dantooine? When you get there, the survivors call you a Sith and attack you.

But still, this gets you a LS ending. But don't take my word on that... :rolleyes:

Hmm. Now that I think about it, what does determine it? Your alignment at certain points in the game will determine what dialogs are available to you...and some characters (party members and NPCs) will know if you're light of dark. There is no neutral.

Yeah, sorry if that didn't help much...

Yea, I guess thats the point I am gettin at. However Hawke suggests that is has to do with what Class you get. It would be interesting to see what really would happen if you kill two Jedi Master's and leave one. Heres another good scenario: what if you are predominately a LS character, but kill all the Jedi Masters (can you even do that?) Do you even have to go to Datooine if you kill the Jedi?

Ok...after further review:

I think the trigger b/w DS and LS ending has alot to do with whether or not you decide to kill the Jedi Masters when you encounter them. I did the planets in this order, Nar Shaada, Korriban, Dantooine, and Dxun/Olderan. I had saved game points near the end of Olderan and Dantoinne and in going back and playing them, in either case there was no dialogue option to kill the Jedi. Being that you dont have a choice on Korriban since the Jedi there is already dead, the ending of the game may be triggered to if you decide to kill that first Jedi Master when you encounter them. I am going back now to try and do that, and see if it alters anything.

gmarti01,

As I stated in the other thread you posted this in... It isn't that, because I unknowingly tested it when I played;

It is the Prestiege Class you choose, because with all three of the Sith Classes, I let the Jedi Masters Live, met them on Dantooine, and even let them try to strip the Force from me, before Krea stepped in, and I still got the DS ending.

Likewise with the 3 Jedi Classes I killed the Masters, and I still got the LS ending.

The Jedi Masters aren't a factor of the ending, the Prestiege Class you select is the likeliest culprit.

:D

Originally posted by RedHawke

It is the Prestiege Class you choose, because with all three of the Sith Classes, I let the Jedi Masters Live, met them on Dantooine, and even let them try to strip the Force from me, before Krea stepped in, and I still got the DS ending.

Likewise with the 3 Jedi Classes I killed the Masters, and I still got the LS ending.

The Jedi Masters aren't a factor of the ending, the Prestiege Class you select is the likeliest culprit.

:D

I thought of that, but...

What if you DON'T choose a Prestige Class? :confused:

So now my best guess is that the game would proceed like normally if you do choose one. So it all matters on alignment....maybe...

Originally posted by norwaymaster

hmm, rnt supposedly when u reach a certain point in the game, and hae not gotten a prestige class ur forced to get on?;)

Nah, I know people who completed it without choosing one.

They were already at Malachor V... :(

Archived