Home

KOTOR III idea

MasterVader

Hmm, I wonder how they can incorporate the Exile into the game...

With so many head possibilties, how could the devs portray him/her? Make him/her wear a mask like Revan?

Meh, I think you'll get to choose the face at the beginning then.

I also wonder about the locations of where this next adventure will take us to. The Unknown Regions, yes, but, it's...unknown... :o

And if it's gonna keep its unlinearity, I wonder what we're gonna do in these locations...? Hm...

So many possibilities, and we don't know...time to speculate! :nut:

• You are looking for them in the Unknown Regions, yet you're always one step behind them. You just find traces of them, or the destruction they've caused...
  • You're looking for them, but then you find them slain...
  • You meet the Yuuzhan Vong...
  • You're still the in that "galaxy far far away" looking for evidence of them.
    (You know what would suck? As a worst case scenario, you finally find out where they went, and then you fly out into the Unknown Regions...and then....*end credits* :indif: )
  • KoTOR 3 could be a prequel to the whole series...
  • KoTOR 3 could a completely different story, kinda as if 1 & 2 never happened.
  • Remember that asteriod/ship story that Canderous tells you in KoTOR? Maybe we'll find out what it was...

I could come up with more ideas, but you're probably tired of my ramblings already...:D

if you remember while on korriban one of the messages during a loading screen was that many of the sith lords left the planet and there was only

Nihilus, Sion and Traya

in the game, i bet that revan took the others with him to find the true sith.

Therefore i believe in the next game you will be a new character who travels to the outer rim and finds revan(and his sith pals) and the exile looking for their secrets if DS or trying to find traces of this menace to destroy if lightside. Because remember kreia said they were way more powerful than the fallen jedi form of sith.

During this our character finds the actual true sith who wage a war on the jedi and the sith pretenders( like revan and exile, if DS). The republic gets thrown in and the story bassically writes itself from there.

THE VONG NEED TO DIE KOTOR WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

Anyway, I think the idea of having a "new" character jsut for the sake of it is stupid. We have two main characters whose purpose is clear, and a new character would just require more details about background and ****, and distract the game from resolution. Not to mention, it would open up a NEW can of alternate realities, which would probably require another game to explain seeing as the new character would make certain that nothing got resolved.

Revan and the Exile are two cool characters. Why would you want to be anyone different? They are the important ones. Have them both playable. The only "ball dropper" is Obsidian will ahve to give voice to both of them. But the best part is, you'll be able to reconnected with old friends. Who could deny wanting to see the two crews of the Ebon Hawk finally united, fighting for a cause? or, depending on your storyline, killing each other.

Obviously, having the game in the unknown regions would kill half the fun. No cool planets, people, etc. So just imagine a scenario where the game starts off with the Exile finding Revan, and Revan has already done what he needed to. The important thing is that the threat reach habitated space early on so that the war against the ultimate evil can begin.

Can I make something clear? True Sith, as in the species, are long dead, they were dead long before the War of Exar Kun, so there is no chance they are still around now.(Though I guess a few could've survived in hiding.)

And to everyone who says Revan wasn't a real Sith, infact he was, kinda, let me explain using the EU(If there's someone who's a HARDCORE expert, and by that I mean knows EVERYTHING, then please correct me, but if you don't, then don't pick holes in it.) :p

Exar Kun, a fallen Jedi, becomes nearly the most dominant Sith practicioner in the Galaxy, and seeks out Ulic Qel-Droma, the only other Sith strong enough to stand against him, to claim his rightful place as Sith Lord. It is NOW Marka Ragnos, the great Sith Lord of the Golden Age of the Sith(5000 Years BEFORE Battle of Yavin, and therefore 1000 years before KOTOR.) appears in spirit form and warns the 2 of them they must work together, and proclaims Kun the Dark Lord of the Sith, and Ulic his apprentice.

Basically what I mean by this is, Revan wasn't pretending to be anything, there were no other Sith around WHO DARE TRY TO CLAIM the title of Dark Lord, so Revan took it for himself, and took Malak as his apprentice.(To clear another thing up, the "Darth" title should NOT be used in this timeline at all, it was only 3000 years after KOTORs timeline, 1000 years before the Battle of Yavin, did Bane form the NEW Sith, who would come to use the "Rule of 2" and the "Darth" titles.

The one thing I can't be sure of in the EU is, after the lengendary battle during the Golden Age of The Sith, where Sadow and Kressh battled for the title of Dark Lord, nothing is made clear of what happened to the Sith empire, its a fact that the Golden Age DID end, but this doesn't suddenly get rid of the thousands of Sith(NOT the species remember, but the followers of the ideals that make one a Sith.) who made the Empire. The Jedi order, who were know aware of the Sith's existence, may well have hunted them all down, or nearly all of them, and they may never have fully recovered, hence why no-one challenged Revan when he took the title of Dark Lord.

Many plotholes have Bioware and Obi created, here's hoping when KOTOR 3 eventually roles around they will really make things clearer, or at least limit the numberof new plotholes they form. :/

Originally posted by NenDaiKi

THE VONG NEED TO DIE KOTOR WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

Not an NJO fan? :D

Revan and the Exile are two cool characters. Why would you want to be anyone different? They are the important ones. Have them both playable.

Well, ok, that would work. Either the Exile catches up with Revan and you get to choose who to play, or you play them separately while they're in different places and have different party members.

make kotor3 muti

Hmm. Deathmatch KoTOR? MMORPG KoTOR? Co-operative play KoTOR?

That would be nice, but somehow I don't think that it could work...

But it's a possibility!

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Ohs noes... some EU is not matching up with other EU?

*gasp*

I better go call the president and inform him of this one of a kind situation! :eek:

Was there really any need for THAT much sarcasum? ;)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I have to meet a quota. :D

*Chuckle*

Ok anyways, I THINK I've finally settled on it. :D

Sentinel and then onto Maurauder/Wep Master. This way I get the immunity powers, the VERY useful skills, and more force points than I would as a Guardian. The downsides are the lack of Vitality, however I will try make that back with a very high starting number of Constitution points, and then the feat that gives more constitution(I forgot the name of it.) And also one less feat, however being that the game can let you level up MUCH higher than KOTOR 1, that's no problem at all.

By the time I hit Level 15(Prestige time) I will hopefully have enough skill points to get me through the game, I think I'm gonna get repair, security(Don't wanna break loot.) Treat Injury(As a pure darksider Master Healer won't be of great help.) and a bit of persuade.(Though I'm a Sith so I won't be doing much negotiating.) :D

Quick question, is it perhaps worth using Drain Life/Death Field instead of Master Healer? As I AM going Sith first time around, so I will have huge Darkside points to aid the power, heal would cripple my force pool as its a lightside power. The downside is I guess I'm gonna have to sacrifice constitution and Dex points to get Will and Chrisma upto a decent standard so my force powers are at least half decent.(Though in KOTOR 1 they were never higher than 12 as a guardian and I STILL was able to use Force Storm/Death Field to walk the later battles.)

I'm proably alone on this but I would like KOTOR 3 to have very little to do with Revan or the Exile. I think they should set the game 10-15 years after the events of KOTOR2. I would like the first say 1/3 of the games plot to about the New Jedi Order founded by the remaining Jedi from the previous games(MASTER ATTON) and how they go about rebuilding the Order and its reputation. The plot would eventually lead to killing the uber bad guy who wants to do mean stuff to the galaxy or becoming the bad guy to do mean stuff to the galaxy. The main character could be a new Padawan who of course has a very strong connection with the force. The game could start off in the core systems, Corsucant(sp?) would make a good starting planet. I had some other ideas but lazziness has won this day.

Originally posted by Lettuce

I think they should set the game 10-15 years after the events of KOTOR2. I would like the first say 1/3 of the games plot to about the New Jedi Order founded by the remaining Jedi from the previous games(MASTER ATTON) and how they go about rebuilding the Order and its reputation.

I like the sound of this idea. That was always the only thing that interested me about the NJO series - rebuilding the Jedi. However, I also like the idea of concluding the obvious and purposeful cliffhanger of KOTOR2 with a KOTOR3 that focuses more on it. I think it would be very cool to rebuild the Jedi Order, just that maybe that should be saved for a KOTOR4. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well personally I want my Revan character back,even my Exile if possible. Something like the way NWN allows you to import saved character files could allow you to follow on with the character you built up over so many hours. It's also mean you'd have the choice between playing the life or death of the force,meaning if you were new to the series you'd choose which past you would have. That way you could keep most people happy. You could play your old characters or create them in a new manner. Best of both worlds :D

The exile and Revan are going to have to duke it out. They are eternal opposites, and whoever wins will have major consequences for the force/the jedi order (Exile = death of the force, Revan = life of the force; death vs. life?) It seems that if Exile wins, the order becomes much more brutal and violent, while if Revan wins, returns to glory of old.

However, if they are going to make KOTOR 3, then they have to make Revan and/or Exile's story definite. You can't have the whole thing with choosing whether Revan AND Exile went either light or dark, there would be over 8 different possibilites, 8 different stories, the possibility for the game being horrible and too convoluted to understand would be huge.

They should have Revan and the Exile turn full DS due to some uber-powerful Sith Lord, one who is actually the best of both the marauder and sith lord worlds. Then your character can be just an average Jedi who decides to up his training exponentially to defeat the three baddies. You could be given the option of killing them, or possibly turning Revan and the Exile back to the light, in which case they would die due to the sudden withdrawal fromt he dark taint, but not before passing they're power on to you, whether in the form of actual unique force powers or extra attribute points or a super specialized class of Jedi. That way, you could also get an extended movie where Revan and the Exiles stories are reviewed and then ended.....permanently. This would be if you chose light side, of course.

For DS, you could just rip the power from them instead of them passing their powers on or you killing them. Either way, you get their strengths, an ending to both their stories, and a new bad guy to work your butt off to off. :D

Well, at the end of TSL, we are left with...

Brianna and the Disciple forming the new jedi, possibly with the help of a reformed Atris or at least with whatever jedi holocrons and teachings she was able to salvage and scrounge. Even if the Disciple did not become a jedi in TSL, he would likely do so afterwards. With the threat of Malachor shattered, other jedi might return to the order, as well. The extra sound files in the game show Brianna and Visas promising to stay behind and train jedi, as the Exile ventures off in search of Revan and the "true Sith."

In this instance, I believe that KotOR III will have to assume a light side ending to TSL, for the simple reason that if it does not there will not be any jedi left.

Rather than begin with a character who has an established history, I think it would be best to begin KotOR III with a new young jedi, with the first part of the game being a few training missions like Revan's tasks on Dantooine in KotOR I. Somehow a message is recieved or a major event takes place that reveals the main theme of the game, and off you go.

Perhaps you begin as an assistant to another jedi, but because that jedi is incapacitated or captured almost immediately you are forced to step up and take over.

I meant that while out searching for whatever, Revan and the Exile are confronted by a Dark Lord, and then turned into his puppets kinda deal. Then the trio comes into the galaxy all guns-of-war blazing, and that's where your pc comes into play. The pc could be a promising padawan who gets knighted after his role in the first battle, and then you get separated from the rest of the Jedi and the republic, left for dead behind enemy lines, and then the game starts.

Do you think that Revan going from Jedi to Sith to Jedi to Sith would be a little excessive? (and, unbelievable)? He would be the ultimate "flipflopper" good to bad...no good again... just fooled you, bad again...

The Exile should have an evil ending... but either his party members should be good or the Jedi still in hiding (i.e. Jolee, Bastila, Juhani) should reform the Jedi while the dark side Exile is searching for Revan

Archived