Home

Granny Confuses Superglue For Eye Drops...Now thats blind faith

CaptainRAVE

read this and thought it was funny (well slightly anyway)

A 78 year old great grandmother in Australia reached out for what she thought was her allergy eye drops when her eyes started to water but instead she'd actually picked up a bottle of Loctite 401 superglue.

The woman had to be rushed to hospital in the Sunshine Coast suburb of Wurtulla, Australia and a nurse had to apply vegetable oil to help unstick her eyes. Fortunately no permanent damage was done as the solution did not set.

The grandparent feels that she had additional help that prevented any serious consequences. "I had God on my side, so when you have got him, you don't have to worry about anything." she said.

source http://tvnz.co.nz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Chase Windu

Even though there was no permanent damage done I feel sort of guilty laughing this damn hard.:tng1:

why? It's funny.

anyway

If god were on your side, why would he have let you superglue your eyes shut in the first place?

People that dumb are a reason I don't really buy into that whole god thing. But who knows, mabye god just love practical jokes and love to **** with the gullible people.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

why? It's funny.

anyway

If god were on your side, why would he have let you superglue your eyes shut in the first place?

People that dumb are a reason I don't really buy into that whole god thing. But who knows, mabye god just love practical jokes and love to **** with the gullible people.

Was that really necasary? This probably turn into another God-Debate thread. =\

I found it funny anyways.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Was that really necasary?

Yes, because I HAVE TO KNOW!

I just want to know, does God do that so he can play superhero? Like the guys that have their friend "mug" their date, then they step up and go all like "step the **** away, cuz I know karate, and I'll **** you up like a fat man on a pretzel"

Because otherwise it just doesn't really make sense.

PS: this isn't a debate about god or anything, it's just a question of "why do people say stupid stuff that doesn't make sense?".

Can I still ask why people are so stupid?

How can you mistake a bottle of superglue for eyedrops. The bottles (all around the world) are designed very differently from eachother. Even in a blobous form, they wouldn't appear remotely similiar. And why would you keep superglue in an area where you would think they'd be eyedrops?

Point is, anyone that gets into something like that, should not expect sympathy from me. Perhaps I'm just an *******.

I'm helping IS out here but there we go...

I have in front of me a bottle of loctite super glue, so I can conferm that these bottles have safty caps, those child proff ones that even I find a pain in the behind to open. I would imagine that the eye drops just have a twist cap. quite different.

Oh well maybe she was glueing a lamp together and left the glue on her bedside table... hang on that seems... Iv'e seen that somewhere before...

How can you mistake a bottle of superglue for eyedrops. The bottles (all around the world) are designed very differently from eachother. Even in a blobous form, they wouldn't appear remotely similiar. And why would you keep superglue in an area where you would think they'd be eyedrops?

When seventy-eight years old you reach, be as smart you will not! :xp: [/Yoda]

american pie. When he glued his jimmy to his hand.

You know how insulting that is to people named jimmy?

:p

I don't think that's really that funny, I dunno, I never really laugh at people's screw ups or misfortunes, even when it does turn out ok.

That really was not necessary to say at all.

Not trying to start a debate/flame war or anything, but you know by now that saying like that would likely offend a few people on the forums. And yet you said it anyways.

Originally posted by IG-64

You know how insulting that is to people named jimmy?

My name is John. Do you know how many jokes I get at the expense of my name in inference to a toilet? Now I ask you, do I look like I care if others are offended by being infered to as a penis?

Originally posted by IG-64

I don't think that's really that funny

I do, because it's not me, and she's pretty stupid for mistaking a bottle of superglue for eye drops. If it's a problem of her age, she should not have allowed herself to live that long.

Originally posted by TiE 23

*picture*

Vs.

*picture*

She probably wasn't wearing her glasses, and the super glue was like, probably on her counter, where she keeps her drops. :p

TiE

Wanna their compare sizes too? You'll lose.

Eye drops coming in the package size same as that of the superglue are bottled differently.

And they don't look all that similiar in those pictures anyway. Like I said, even in blobous form, they wouldn't be similiar enough to mistake. And as stated before, superglue bottles have child protective screwing, unlike eyedrop bottles.

Wanna their compare sizes too? You'll lose.

Eye drops coming in the package size same as that of the superglue are bottled differently.

:dozey: Oh, very mature, penis size jokes to a 14 yearold. wth

Okay.... um, shes old and her eye sight was poor. She can't tell the difference that well.

I do, because it's not me, and she's pretty stupid for mistaking a bottle of superglue for eye drops. If it's a problem of her age, she should not have allowed herself to live that long.

So.... she should have commited suicide the day she became "to old?"

TiE

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Jeez-Lo0-eEZz...What's all the debate about? Some people think it's funny. Others do not. Will one side win over the other? No. Pointless? Yes.

yah.... pretty pointless.

*stares at Sig......* :bored:

TiE

:dozey: Oh, very mature, penis size jokes to a 14 yearold. wth

... don't be an ass, you know what I meant.

Okay.... um, shes old and her eye sight was poor. She can't tell the difference that well.

*shrugs*

So.... she should have commited suicide the day she became "to old?"

nah, just shoulda eaten more cheeseburgers and what have you.

You're kinda disturbing.........

Archived