Home

16 Screenshots!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Thanks to AckbarNL, we have picked up 16 screenshots of Empire at War. And it looks incredible!!!

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=1&mt=0&cId=3137718&mId=1405060

In addition to these screens, news hits us that Lucasarts should officially be announcing Empire At War, week commencing Jan 17th.

Post your comments!

DMUK

Starmark2k, you're right there is a Republic Landing Ship in there. This leads me to believe, along with the presence of SPHA-Ts on the cover of the PC Zone magazine promotion, that the Empire will have some units that are "left over" from the Republic era. This is a good idea in my opinion.

The later screenshots look quite good and not as cartoony and alpha-ish as some of the others. In particular I think screenshot 4 looks the worst.

I'd just like to state again how much I dislike the TIE Crawler's inclusion. It doesn't fit.

Victory-Class Stardestroyers are "left-overs" from the late Clone Wars era if I remember correctly, and those have been around in Star Wars since, well atleast since TIE Fighter in -94 was it? But I think it's older than that.

The Victory-Class idea is much older than most people think though. It can trace it's origin from the planing of A New Hope back in the -70's. It was originally going to be the second ship we would see flying over the camera in the opening scene. :)

So it's not entirelly EU craft. :D

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

A New Hope back in the -70's. It was originally going to be the second ship we would see flying over the camera in the opening scene. :)

you have been doing your homework i see :D

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Victory-Class Stardestroyers are "left-overs" from the late Clone Wars era if I remember correctly, and those have been around in Star Wars since, well atleast since TIE Fighter in -94 was it? But I think it's older than that.

The Victory-Class idea is much older than most people think though. It can trace it's origin from the planing of A New Hope back in the -70's. It was originally going to be the second ship we would see flying over the camera in the opening scene. :)

Yes indeed. It's what I like to call could-have-been-Canon :)

Archived