Home

Bought MI off ebay. Are these original disks and manuals?

a_monkey

I bought a copy of both MI and MI2 off of ebay. The boxes seem to be original, but the manual for the first MI looks photocopied, and the disks are black color, with black & white labels. Can someone help me out? If these things aren't original, I'm going to put a negative for the ebay seller!

Monkey Island 1 BOX

mi_box.jpg

Monkey Island 1 BOX LABEL - Label is not a regular stick-on label, the type is printed directly on the box.

mi_box2.jpg

Monkey Island 1 disks - All disks look like this, with B&W label, with black color HD disk.

mi1_disk.jpg

Monkey Island 1 manual - Manual looks photocopied.

mi1_manual.jpg

Monkey Island 2 disks - Some disks are black color, some greyish color. Which is the original? Are the black color disks replacement disks?

mi2_disks.jpg

Monkey Island 2 manual - This looks like an original manual.

mi2_manual.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yes, you have the budget edition of MI1, which is known for the weirdly white manual covers and generic-looking disk labels.

Your disks all look legit to me, but I suspect that some of them are indeed replacements or are otherwise from another package. The ones with the LucasArts golden guy logo would be the newer ones. The color of the disks would have nothing to do with it. Your games look great. :)

hey thanks for the compliment about being 14 im flattered im 13 nope i didnt just discover the net its just usually this forums empty or my computer dont werk or let me in for ages so i post when i can yours sincerly scummlocal (13)

ps :how th heck do you get ppl to treat you decent when your new?

Archived