Home

Best Music in any video game?

BongoBob

Originally posted by Tyrion

The start to Forever is really catching...

I know what you mean. If he'd just kept the beat the same throughout, it would have been excellent. But oh well... :)

Originally posted by Tyrion

Journey to Rome doesn't quite do it for me (II does, actually).

Yeah, the same for me. I just didn't think it necessary to put 'II' on the end when the only one that's up is the one I was talking about. Sorry for the confusion. :)

I love any song that has string, and foreign female vocals
Right on. :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Here's a link to a couple of mp3s for Rome. Don't worry; it's quite legal. It's the composer's site. :)

Check out Journey to Rome II and Forever.

That is so beautiful. Forever is incredible, except there in the middle where the guy starts yelling and kind of ruins the mood, but they seem to regain the right sound. :)

Journey to Rome II is also great. The continous drum beats are really awesome. Nice find! :cool:

As for my picks for best VG music: I don't know, but apparently Rome: Total War has some pretty good stuff. :D

James Bond: Everything or Nothing

OoT (like stated a thousand times!)

X-men legends

Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer

Quake 3 Arena

LOTR: ROTK

Soul Calibur II

By the way, guys, I've got a cool link to a site that has hundreds of MIDIs for video game music. I know Midi isn't the best, but, its better than nothing right?

http://www.vgmusic.com/

Check it out.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Soul Reaver had some good tunes too. I remember my favorite one out of them is Ozar Midrashim. Can't remember where it was used in the game though...

It was actually used several times. In the opening cinematic, when Raziel is walking through his ruined clan lands, and it has a dark-brooding remix when you find Kain in his throne room.

Ozar Midrashim rules.

final fantasy vii - everytime the screen distorted and the boss theme kicked in it got me totally pumped up for a big rumble!

medieval total war - the strumming totally gets you in the thinking zone when playing and the epic orchestrations during battles are really atmospheric

bloodlines is just amazing music, really gets you into the underworld mood of the game.

kotors was good but during long lessions it started to drive me insane.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

The Metroid Prime music is quite good, not quite sure who composed that, otherwise I would mention them.

That'd be Kenji Yamamoto.

But don't stop there, Koji Kondo and his music for the entire Legend of Zelda series is kickass too as well as for all of the Mario games and Starfox.

Archived