Home

Best Music in any video game?

BongoBob

Morrowind: Great atmospheric music - why hasn't anyone mentioned this yet? :mad:

VTM: Bloodlines: Gothic rock, dark ambient, gothic industrial and gothic metal - can't wish for much more in one game!

PoP: Warrior Within: Metal and arabian tones, actually works really well for this game.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Nobuo Uematsu must be mentioned. FFIV, VI, VII, VIII, X, and Kingdom Hearts. That is all.

The Metroid Prime music is quite good, not quite sure who composed that, otherwise I would mention them.

Rogue pretty much took the words outta my mouth. Nobuo is a genius, and what's funny is that he believes(with merit) that the music from the first FF to the latest one he did never really had change.

Yeah, that's why I snuck in the [anime] part. But from what I've seen, while playing, the right music comes in at the right time.

Also, the music in Battle for Middle Earth is great. I'll be marching my giant troll army with Nazgul flying overhead, and the music changes tone. Same with the good guys, you'll be fighting in battle and the music will change tone.

Music I like from games:

Halo 2 theme has a metal edge I like alot. I also like the more mellow tones in it as well. :)

Prince of Persia 2, which has an awesome metal soundtrack.

VtM: Bloodlines, has great music to listen to, especially when your in a club called the Asylum. Sounds freakin' awesome.

Deet, deet, deet...

...deet deeeeet deetdeet,

deet deet, deetdeet, deet deet deet, deetdeetdeet...

...dodododo doot, doo doo doot, doo doo doot, dodododo doot, doot! doo doot!

The music in Force Commander was surprisingly well used. Who'da thunk it?

Oot, PoP, Darius Twin, Kotor and alot of the old Atari games which I can't remember the names to. :)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

The music in Force Commander was surprisingly well used. Who'da thunk it?

Yeah, I thought so too...

Rome TW has some good ones, especially 'Forever' (rather interesting; it's a woman's song to her husband in the army. Hear it in the credits) and 'Journey to Rome'.

Myst Revelation,

NWN,

KotOR,

HW2 (Keeper battle music = good)

A&D,

The Longest Journey,

BF1942's nice menu music,

Call of Duty

Indiana Jones & the Emperors Tomb (gotta love it),

and Morrowind.

I'm sure there's lots of others I can't remember just now...

I had forgotten about The Music in Red Alert.

*goes to find hellmarch mp3*

I think all the songs on the halo 2 soundtrack are awsome. Not just that, but the usage of it. Like when in the second to last MC level where you're in the Mosoleum of the Arbiter and the Brutes and the Elites are fighting. Cortana tells you you might wanna sit this one out, but then that music starts up, and MAKES me get in the action every time :D

And let's not forget OoT. I love those songs.

*all this above is pretty much stuff I forgot about, or just was in too much of a rush to post earlier*

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Here's a link to a couple of mp3s for Rome. Don't worry; it's quite legal. It's the composer's site. :)

Check out Journey to Rome and Forever.

My Rome Total War came with Soundtrack cd actually, so I checked them out a while back. The start to Forever is really catching, but Journey to Rome doesn't quite do it for me (II does, actually).

Archived