Home

Sith names...

AJL

In the movies the Sith doesn't use their old names when they

become sith... (Anakin used name Vader, Palpatine was Sidius

and Dooku was Tyranus...)

But if I understand right Darth Malak was Malak when he was

jedi and Revan was Revan... Am I right ?? If yes then why ?

I was kinda wondering that, too. Here's my best guess: The Sith during the movie era needed to be more secretive that they were Sith. They wanted the rumor of their dissapearance to be believed. For example, Palpatine had to live a double life; and thus had use for two different names. That would explain why during the height of the Empire, Sidious goes back to using Palpatine. He no longer had need for a new name. Vader, on the other hand, wanted to detach himself from what he once was, so he stopped using the name Anakin. I guess I can sum up what I'm trying to say with, I have no idea.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

I guess I can sum up what I'm trying to say with, I have no idea.

HAHAHA :lol:

My best guess it that they wanted cooler names. Why stick with the original if it sounded odd?

Darth Anakin?

Darth Dooku?

But with Revan and Malak, it was already natural. :)

Well... wasn't the common lore before the KotOR games, that the "Darth" title didn't even come about until the time the Sith were considered extinct? :p

It's understandable that they decided to use the "Darth" name for the "bad guys" in KotOR though, as with Phantom Menace and Clones reinforced the concept that "Darth Bob" would be a bad guy.

Archived