Home

Linux Server or not?

[GFW]Buddy

Hi,

does anybody know where the linux server files are?

They told us 3 month ago that they are working on them, but still no server.

I think they lied and there won't be any linux server!

In my opinion, the Battlefront community will die in a few month, because all the clans that are waiting for the linux server will quit playing that game. It can't be that there is a good multiplayer game released without linux server files!

I can say this for my clan. We will stop waitingand closing our Battlefront squad, if they are not releasing the files till end of February. And we will not playing Battlefront 2 if there are no linux server files with the release date.

[GFW]Buddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There's no Linux server, I looked all over for one.

However I have got it working in WINE - almost.

the one issue I haven't been able to resolve is the maps take too long to load, and so the players' connections time out and they get disconnected.

If you can fix this problem, you can run the xwbf1 server in Linux using WINE.

Also, the winehq application database lists the battlefront 2 ps2 server as 100% compatible "out of the package", however of course I 'd be surprised if it works that easy.

• 4 months later...

And I've read official posts where the "Battlefront development team" said they were "working on a Linux port." You'd think that for a team that could make battlefront and battlefront 2, and now battlefront 3 too, porting the ps2 server code to Linux would not be all that hard to do.

The least they could do is release the source code instead, and let us see if we can compile it. I haven't been able to run servers for my clan since I finally gave up on Windows over 6 months ago.

Archived