Home

Me and my Big G5

legameboy

Originally posted by TiE 23

Wow, what are you? An attorney? One of my best friends got an Ipod, I don't hate her because of that. :rolleyes:

What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about computers here, not HD mp3 players.

your MAC = AOL comparison is crap and faulty. AOL is a business that cheats people out of their money for sub-par software and services. Macintosh offers superb machines with very good service, they charge a lot but they charge what they must to survive. Blame their hardware and software suppliers for the prices. Plus some of that cost goes to the people that test out these computers, the software, and the hardware before the setup is shipped out to make sure you have a fine working machine fit for your home or business.

Apple upgrades (if any) are more expensive: 9800 Pro (Mac) Its $370!

Yes, they are overpriced, but that's not really the fault of mac, but the fault of the suppliers. More PC's are bought annually than macs, so to balance out their monetary intake, they have to charge more to mac customers. Busniess 101 my friend.

Also, they deal directly from ATi and NVidia, not secondary suppliers like PNY or the like. Thus the secondary explanation of the price. Compare a ATi direct card to one from a secondary department like PNY, notice the difference?

He's a graphic designer :dozey:

adaware developement would be wasted on mac's, thus it's not made.

Okay, how about you tell us why we should get macs if you are so sure about yourself.

I don't want you to feel like you should have to get a mac, I just want you to quit BSing and actually come up with reasonable arguments if you're going to be against something instead of just laying out bullcrap and flame bait.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by KBell

Calling people idiots for their opinion isn't very reasonable IS ;)

I called them idiots because they had no logical argument for their opinion, they just spoke it sucks, without any base for that reasoning. How about this, Your penguin sig sucks cuz penguins are small and stuff. I hate how they make that funny wobble.

not very reasonable argument is it? no, infact it's more along the lines of flamebaiting.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

That's fine, but coming in here slandering things isn't very reasonable. To those that don't like mac's or pretty much don't agree with others opinions, make reasonable posts. You're entitled to your opinion and tastes, but coming in here and shouting "omg *whatever* sux" is not a valuable post and we all know your goal is to just incite argument. Alright, thank you for your time.

Say what?

All of your arguments have been showing that Macs are as good, and not any better than PCs.

In the end, Macs are designed for business and developement, not games. PC's are designed for the average person, thus games and other crap.

Wow, and I always thought that Macs were for techicly challenged people.

Door #1

Everyone says that Apples are great for video editing, that may be so. But PCs can do that, too.

Door #2

"Oo, Macs are just so much easier."

Door #3

They are supposed to be more advanced, right? Not for the average Joe or Jane out there like the PCs are?

BTW, I would like to point out you have been calling me names thru-out this thread.

TiE

I called them idiots because they had no logical argument for their opinion, they just spoke it sucks, without any base for that reasoning. How about this, Your penguin sig sucks cuz penguins are small and stuff. I hate how they make that funny wobble.

not very reasonable argument is it? no, infact it's more along the lines of flamebaiting.

LEAVE THE PENGUINS OUT OF THIS! :eek::p

Isn't calling people idiots flamebaiting aswell?

So, by your superior standards, "I have no use for one," is not a valid reason? Neither is the fact that it can't run my PC software?

I really don't think anything is wrong with Macs (except iMacs) except for the limited software compatibility (cough games). But if you're going to play games, you would stick with a PC.

I have called no specific person an idiot.

TiE my point was what macs were designed for. And you kept bringing up lies. And nowhere did I call you any names or insulted you. If you feel ashamed about your ignorance on a subject, that's not my problem.(The truth can often times hurt)

The point of mine was that macs can do anything a PC can do and (98% of the time) better.

Macs not your taste? Fine, but don't come to me with faulty arguments like you gave. Especially when it's something as simple as just saying they don't suit you. They don't suit you? Fine.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

So, by your superior standards, "I have no use for one," is not a valid reason? Neither is the fact that it can't run my PC software?

I said they were. I attacked your mouse complaint.

I really don't think anything is wrong with Macs (except iMacs) except for the limited software compatibility (cough games). But if you're going to play games, you would stick with a PC.

exactly. My only problem was the "they suck, they can't do anything." style posts.

I have called no specific person an idiot.

TiE my point was what macs were designed for. And you kept bringing up lies. And nowhere did I call you any names or insulted you. If you feel ashamed about your ignorance on a subject, that's not my problem.(The truth can often times hurt)

No offense, but your uncle is probably very slow at computers and as an excuse just says that.

Insult my unlce.

You should learn to stop BSing, it's not polite and it makes you look stupid.

Called me stupid.

Wow, more crappy false generalizing. So I guess you hate pixar, dreamworks cgi department, and pretty much every company that does special effects for movies, and even Lucasfilms ltd.
You say I hate Pixars movies? You say I hate Dreamworks? And you say I hate Star Wars?

Suck facts evildoer!
Now thats just stupid.

Also, unlike you most people that actually have jobs in image design spend their time doing one project at a time, plus they're good at it.
Now you say Im not good at PhotoShop.

Please IS, tell me why I should switch, if you don't say somthing, Im just going to assume I am right. Im waiting.

TiE

But Macs can't do everything a PC can (games). If they could, there wouldn't be a problem.

They can play games, the only problem is game publishing companies rarely cart their games over to Mac.

Insult my unlce.

Hardly, I suggested that might be it, as that usually is the case with older people.

Called me stupid.

wrong, I said your "arguments" make you look stupid, no where did I say you are stupid.

You say I hate Pixars movies? You say I hate Dreamworks? And you say I hate Star Wars?

... this is insulting how? Perhaps you should re-read the circumstances in which I posted that.

Now thats just stupid.

meh.

Now you say Im not good at PhotoShop.

I'm not going to lie. If my five year old made a crap finger painting I'm not going to tell him/her they should major in art.

Originally posted by TiE 23 Please IS, tell me why I should switch, if you don't say somthing, Im just going to assume I am right. Im waiting.

I don't think you should switch, my point was never to make you switch. I just wanted to correct your ill-informed lists and such.

Ahh...

a_very_long_flight.jpg

Watching folks discuss thier hardware/ OS choices with a fervor normally reserved for religious extremists is always entertaining. :) I can't wait until it comes to violence.

I'm surprised the open source afficinados haven't arrived in force to tell us that we are all stupid whoring slaves to an evil corperate pimp machine. Although the "Penguin" comment a while back could be seen as a throwing down the gauntlet.

Ford vs. Chevy, anyone? ;)

(A: Volkwagen)

I use them all, depending on what I want to do. If I had to choose only one I would go with PC most likely, it's still what I know best... but at the moment I own 2 PCs with XP Pro installed, and one with Linux. Like I said earlier I'm really considering getting one of the really small, cheap Mini-Macs that just came out... not as a replacement but as an addition and a compliment.

At work we have 2 Macs, 1 desktop PC (Win98), and 2 laptops/ tablet PCs (Win2K, XP Pro)

They're all good. :)

The top three reasons that Macs (and Linux PCs) suck:

Spyware

Virii

Worms

There were like, a whole 2 virii for Mac OS X last year! 2!

Thousands plagued Windows PCs, but still, those 2 did some real (minor) damage!

In conclusion (well, not really), Gentoo Linux is the best OS out there.

Archived