Home

how to configure sound

I've searched for days and read every forum, but I can't configure the sound for Sam & Max

I know you have to go to the main menu... but there is no main menu in my game... at least I don't seem to find it. used all exe options of the game, boot disk, dos mode and so on

Even the so called scummVM.....

Please I hope you can tell me how to acces the menu to configure the soundcard...........

And when I use the new .exe I get an error can't find cd or so???

Help me please

Thanks,

I don't have a setup.exe on the cd. The readme tells me to use "sam" and that starts the game.....

I found out (complicated) that when I copy all the cd contents to a new cd including the new .exe file (downloaded at lucasarts) and then run the new .exe from cd it runs perfect with sound.

When I use the original cd it doesn't and when I run the new .exe file from the harddisk I get an error it can't find 001...

So for everyone... use the new .exe http://www.samandmax.net/files/windows_exe.zip

and compile everything on a cd (you can use a re-writeable) and run from cd the new .exe

If anyone finds out a more simpler method let me know...

Thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I use ScummVM!

I haven't had problems yet, it configures the graphics and sound in a less complicated manner. In fact, not too long ago, I bought almost all of the Lucasarts adventure games on ebay, I only opened the boxes once to copy them to my hard drive, and then put them all back...

So, I have played through COMI, SMI, MI2, loom (just finished yesterday), DOTT, and ZAK. I haven't finished Sam & Max yet, but it is playing...

Very interesting, as I am using scummVM 0.7 the latest stable build...

Archived