Home

Joystick required???

Guest Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Er.. Why not? It's an amazing game. A joystick is about the easiest thing you can attach to a computer. Seems a shame to pass on a cool game because of no joystick. just my opinion though...

------------------

"That's the last time I trust the strangest people on Earth!" - Homer

Guest Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Yes I know it's amazing but I'm not allowed to buy a joystick because I haven't my own PC and my parents don't want to have this "junk" on their PC! frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

------------------

Hey...Mitth, your lose, really, you are missing an amazing game!!! Especially from the new 'opts' that some fantastic folks are making at this site, check it out it my make you try to change your parents mind! Go to: http://www.xwaupgrade.com hope this helps...

Sincerly, rogue518

[This message has been edited by rogue518 (edited April 06, 2001).]

Guest Mitth'raw'nuruodo

WOW!!! These ships are looking great!

Has anyone done an E-Wing for XWA?

Perhaps i could change my parent's mind but what do you think:

Black&White or XW:A&Joystick?

I've only enough money for one of the two.

Guest Maestro

In my opinion you should get Black and White it is one of the best games eva, but it needs a really gud PC to play it so if your comp is crud get Xwing alliance.

(You should hav got xwing alliance yonks ago m8).

Maestro

"Who Dares Wins!"

Guest Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Wow I would love to fly an e-wing!

I know that I Should have bought it a long time ago but I've already explained the reason why not.

Are there many mods for XWA???

Get X-Wing Alliance!! and Mitth,...'JM' is one of the 'great' OPT makers in the X-wing Community..just to let you know... He makes really great Capital Starships!!!

Sincerly, rogue518

[This message has been edited by rogue518 (edited April 07, 2001).]

For some reason there are not as many mission-sets being done for XWA as were done for XvT/BoP. There are three significant projects underway though aside from the Upgrade.

1) XWA -> WC Total Conversion. Creating OPT files for all Wing Commander ships, including those from the first two games which were only sprites, and editing XWAs weapons and "feel" to be more like Wing Commander.

2) XWA -> B5 Total Conversion. This project at one point seemed to have been a waste of time when a Babylon 5 space combat sim was announced but when that game failed to appear (as far as I know) the conversion gained fresh impetus. Originally an effort to convert XvT the OPTs and weapon editing are great.

3) ASS (or Atmospheric Ship Set). On the basis that We wanna fly in atmosphere!. Another long going project which again was originally XvT based.

Actually I'm still not entirely up to speed on peoples projects after my years Internet absence, so any inaccuracies are apologised for in advance.

Another project to considier is the SFA New Craft Adds. These bring together a large number of custom ships in a autoinstalling package though version 2.0 has been delayed by ISP problems for Nob Akimoto who is the major driving force and creator of the patch.

Guest Fondas

Why don't you try to persuade your parents through discussion ?

Since they let you use their PC and give you access to the internet, maybe they can settle for a joystick. You know, you don't have to keep it connected all the time. Use it when you need it and then unplug it.

...but of course they have the final word on this, keep that in mind.

Or better yet see if you can eventually get your own PC! It wouldn't have to start out state-of-the-art, something a couple of years old but upgradable would be cool. Plenty of machines like that going cheap on EBay. That way you can get your own PC for games and can learn how to build and customize computers as well.

Archived