Home

Who is developing this game?

JDKnite188

But I thought that Episode 1 and Episode 1 Racer were in house titles that sucked. I was under the impression that that was why they wen't to third party developers. I also thought they had more or less gotten rid of their own development people...

not getting in the argument of effort or what not, but i think lucasarts doesn't have the worst in-house record.

there was dark forces, jedi knight 1, rogue squadron (according to ign.com it was both factor 5 and lucasarts), shadows of the empire ( i liked it, good in its time ), full throttle, grim fandango, sam and max, and maniac mansion.

also i personally like episode 1 racer on n64.

so it seems to me lucasarts knows how to make a game, its just sometimes they miss. and as of right now republic commando may be a hit.

Originally posted by coupes.

Exceptions of what ?

Explain to me how can LucasArts put less effort into a game they don't even develop.

Yeh, he didn't word it correctly. He meant, often, LA in-house games are usually better than ones that aren't. An example of ones that are good and not LA in-houses would be KOTOR I and II.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by eastcoast2895

not getting in the argument of effort or what not, but i think lucasarts doesn't have the worst in-house record.

there was dark forces, jedi knight 1, rogue squadron (according to ign.com it was both factor 5 and lucasarts), shadows of the empire ( i liked it, good in its time ), full throttle, grim fandango, sam and max, and maniac mansion.

also i personally like episode 1 racer on n64.

so it seems to me lucasarts knows how to make a game, its just sometimes they miss. and as of right now republic commando may be a hit.

Dude; how can you forget the game Armed & Dangerous?! Thats easily one of there best games, sure it may not be Starwars and i have no clue if it was also made by another company but it still has the Gold Guy!:p

Unreal engine I think.

And Planet Moon made A&D, which could have been a lot better if they weren't rushed to get it out the door. LucasArts used to consistantly make great inhouse games. Ones that weren't even SW related, mind you. ;) Then not so much.

Republic Commando looks to be great. Perhaps they're coming out of the slump they were in. Now if only they'd also get back into games like Grim Fandango and Sam & Max.

EDIT: And Monkey Island. I'm sorry for forgetting. Don't hit me. :(

If I'm not mistaken, "Unreal Tech" is the same engine they've used since 1998's "Unreal" that's been continuously modified for each subsequent game (up to and including UT2k4).

Given the time that RC was started, I'm guessing it's based on UT2k3, but that's purely a guess.

Archived