Home

New OJP Basic Test Server

razorace

As an experiment in testing the reliability and usefulness of OJP, I've set up my system to operate as a test server. The server is on a T1 line and is currently set to a max of 10 players. The TABBots will fill in for all the extra player slots so the server should also be interesting to play on even when empty. The server IP is 129.101.19.10.

Now, the kicker is that I'm running this on my personal system so the mod will always be running the lastest code (in server side mode). It also means that the server will only be up when I feel like it and will probably go up/down rapidly while I'm working on stuff. In addition, I normally run the game in listen mode while I'm actively coding/testing/playing, so the best way to check the server status is to add it to your favorites list.

If you want me to turn the server on or change the settings, please let me know.

P.S. Sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum.

Oh yeah, I will take requests on what gametypes/settings to run on the server. This means you various gun only CTFers. I monitor the server regularly so lamers shouldnt be a problem.

So far, Siege appears to be the most popular of set ups I've tried. My guess is that people are starving for populated Siege servers.

Oh yeah, I've discovered a nasty client side crash bug related to running the game in server side only mode.

Unfortunately, it looks like driveable vehicles on the maps are causing the clients to crash. I'm working on it but for the meanwhile I'll run non-vehicle maps to keep things running.

Glad to see you're still working on this. ; )

Best of luck fixing that crashing bug. I'll join if you want me to tonight if it'll help. I have some things to do but I should be up for a few more hours. Or maybe tomorrow sometime.

Just let me know!

Once you fix that crashing stuff I hope you refine the bot orders some more. And keep releasing those Linux server files!

OJP is the mod that will save Siege in JA!

It was on the Raven bonus pack CTF rift map. I don't remember what it was 'cause I haven't played much in a while. Anyway, they were getting stuck in the holes in the ground you can get into that are right by the flag bases. They'd get the enemy flag, then drop in there and make it impossible to score because they'd sit there trying to go through the wall... :)

Vehicle Crash Bug: OWNED!

Hoth and Desert are working and back on the map rotation.

It was an interesting bug related to the NPC_CLASS defines, I had added some new ones to get all the new NPCS in place. So, OJP had a different CLASS_VEHICLE value and basejka client side didn't like that.

Awesome!!

Yes, the Bonus Mappack is basically unrouted from what I could tell, last time I checked (6 months ago so I could be a little fuzzy). That's another something that OJP could really benefit from. ; )

When I joined yesterday it seemed stable enough, I even had a hard time telling the bots from humans!

Good luck...

Archived