Home

Patch 1.3: Let's Send our Suggestions to Lucasarts

boranchistanger

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here is the second version of the list to send to Luca$art$. I'm emailing it in two days, but it can be edited. Please give your input!

OK, so, here's a list I've made dividing the suggestions which seem popular and actually reasonable and organized them.

General

* Create new game modes.

-Capture the Flag

-Deathmatch

-Team Deatmatch

* Fix bugs

Single Player

* Allow # of bots on each side to be adjusted in Instant Action mode.

* Allow the reinforcement count to be adjusted in Instant Action mode.

Multiplayer Hosting

* Allow Linux dedicated servers.

* Allow non-dedicated server's the ability to have adjusted numbers of reinforcements.

* Allow both dedicated and non-dedicated servers the ability to adjust the number of bots on each side.

* Increase the multiplayer framerate cap to 60 FPS.

* Allow the host to pause the game and adjust the teams manually.

* Allow for remote server hosting.

* Punkbuster support.

* Allow for host to enable or disable observers.

Multiplayer Gameplay

* Allow for a small amount of time after the game for conversation amongst the players.

* Make players with spawn invincibility glow so that other players are aware that they cannot shoot them.

* Voice communication support.

* Pilots should be able to see everyone's health so they know when to give health.

* There should be an award given for capturing the most bases.

* A text message stating how you died when you die. For example, if Person A kills Person B with a mine, it should say Person A killed Person B- Mine.

Balancing

* Decrease hitpoints on all units to where 2 headshots with an assault rifle could easilly kill a unit (3 for wookies).

* Increase the splash radius of the thermal detonators.

* Increase sniper's firepower so that they can take out any unit with 1 hit in the head-heart-private area.

Other Suggestions

* A new map which would be similar to Battlefield 1942's "Battle of Britain" map like a Death Star map.

Definetly allow players to modify reinforcement numbers in instant action also

Allow players to modify the number of players/NPC's on the map at one time, so you can have bigger and longer battles

Maybe some sort of Invincible mode? where you have a set number of reinforcement points and your opponent has infinete, your goal is to see how long you can last against an invincible enemy

No they dont , they dont stick to the Imperial Light tank, the speederbike or the rebel speeder ive tried and the timb bombs just fall through them

Well at least on Naboo theed they don't can you list a map where they work on the Imperial tank? because i havent found one... they dont work on the ones at Rhen Var either...

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

No they dont , they dont stick to the Imperial Light tank or the rebel speeder ive tried and the timb bombs just fall through them

Well at least on Naboo theed they do can you list a map where they work on the Imperial tank? because i havent found one...

No offense but apparently you have no clue how this stuff works. As a modder, I've read all the settings of the Time Bomb and know how it works. First of all, weapons are exactly the same on all the maps. Yes, this means the Time Bomb. They work the same on all the maps, not just Theed. Secondly, I modified the Time Bombs to be throwable like grenades at one time, and they stuck to all vehicles just fine.

If you're having trouble getting them to stick, it's your fault, not the game's.

you are right i know nothing about modding or programming i just know what ive seen and on theed at least time bombs dont work on the vehicles, who knows maybe its just my own computers problem i just assumed it didnt work for everyone, oh well i guess its just my problem

Being able to throw the timb bomb will definatly make it more useful though

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

Being able to throw the timb bomb will definatly make it more useful though

Too useful. They were way more effective for anti-armor than the missile launchers, making the missile launchers almost completely useless. It took just two or three Time Bombs to take out your tank, so you couldn't go near enemy infantry because you'll be bombarded with Time Bombs. I had to get rid of them.

Has anyone else wanted that tripod mounted machine gun thing shown in the empire strikes back in the game? they could make it a pick up weapon, when you spawn there would be a set number lying next to an ammo droid, you walk on it to pick it up, and it appears as a primary weapon. You press the primary weapon button to deploy it and and secondary to pack it up, then you press the man vehicle button to man it, like a turret only you carry it around with you, the downside is it would make you slow and a tempting target for snipers, and if its destroyed it spawns where you found it like a vehicle...

E-web is that what there called? ive always wondered...

I thought they were in the game too i mean you see a snow trooper blastin away on one on the cover!!

but yeah as a kind of mobile gun emplacement i think that the E-web would be an awsome addition to the game, like a machine gun but without having to create a whole other class to use them

Another cool thing would be using large mobile command posts as troop transports. so you can take the troops to a command post without having to worry about speeders or snipers.

One cool addition would be to be able to use the doors to go inside buildings on the maps that have them (Mos Eisly, Kamino, and Bespin) They could make them like the jabbas palace doors and you could explore the buildings, maybe snipe from a window etc... Also maybe you could lock the doors so the enemy cant get in and each class has its own unique way of getting through the doors, like grenades will blow it open but it takes a lot, rocket launchers, and timb bombs will take it out with one hit and jedi can hack there way through it, maybe pilots could use there fushion cutters to open the lock...

So is this a good idea? or would it just make the game to complicated?

Originally posted by boranchistanger

OK, here is the second version of the list to send to Luca$art$. I'm emailing it in two days, but it can be edited. Please give your input!

OK, so, here's a list I've made dividing the suggestions which seem popular and actually reasonable and organized them.

General

* Create new game modes.

-Capture the Flag

-Deathmatch

-Team Deatmatch

* Fix bugs

So you want to basically turn the game into something it's not? That's like asking BF1942/Vietnam devs to give a CTF/DM/TDM aspect. The game essentially is TDM, with command points.

Single Player

* Allow # of bots on each side to be adjusted in Instant Action mode.

* Allow the reinforcement count to be adjusted in Instant Action mode.

Sure, sounds good.

Multiplayer Hosting

* Allow Linux dedicated servers.

* Allow non-dedicated server's the ability to have adjusted numbers of reinforcements.

* Allow both dedicated and non-dedicated servers the ability to adjust the number of bots on each side.

* Increase the multiplayer framerate cap to 60 FPS.

* Allow the host to pause the game and adjust the teams manually.

* Allow for remote server hosting.

* Punkbuster support.

* Allow for host to enable or disable observers.

Only thing in this part I don't exactly support, which others seem to, is the observers while respawning, or just a spectator mode. The game can get laggy enough - why implement an almost useless feature to increase server strain?

Multiplayer Gameplay

* Allow for a small amount of time after the game for conversation amongst the players.

* Make players with spawn invincibility glow so that other players are aware that they cannot shoot them.

* Voice communication support.

* Pilots should be able to see everyone's health so they know when to give health.

* There should be an award given for capturing the most bases.

* A text message stating how you died when you die. For example, if Person A kills Person B with a mine, it should say Person A killed Person B- Mine.

All of that except the first two bits are really if they have time. You can use TeamSpeak/Ventrilo/etc for voice chat. The Pilot idea would actually be pretty swanky, actually. The last two are just kind of frills that would be nice, but not exactly necessary.

However, the first two things I'm completely against. You wanna chat it up? Go for it, but not on my time. If that's something you'd really like them to add in, I hope they make it server optional.

And glowing? Where on earth did that come from? There'd be no use to that, unless you're trying to save ammo and don't want to shoot someone that just spawned.

Balancing

* Decrease hitpoints on all units to where 2 headshots with an assault rifle could easilly kill a unit (3 for wookies).

* Increase the splash radius of the thermal detonators.

* Increase sniper's firepower so that they can take out any unit with 1 hit in the head-heart-private area.

Like others have said, I don't know why any of this would be necessary.

Other Suggestions

* A new map which would be similar to Battlefield 1942's "Battle of Britain" map like a Death Star map.

That sounds cool. :D

Archived