Wtf?! No, No, No!

Mike Windu

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MTV2

What!? no!

and TK, that means nothing to me

all i know is that EA is better then everyone else and the media is trying to spoil that:mad:

Okay, you get a job, I'll be your boss. I abuse you ruin your life. You end up a wreck.

And no EA is not better than everyone else, infact the only real progress they have is sports games. And even those are very ripped off. They overcharge for a "new" game that's far from different from the old game.

I suggest you stop being so naive and look at the world realistically.

I don't care if you continue to buy EA games, but you should realize they are not the best, noone is trying to bring them down, and what they are doing to their employees and the deals they are making are wrong and they will only hurt the customer in the end. What EA is doing is taking advantage of your obvious naiveté.

naiveté

Oo, he used a special character, he smart. :p

I don't think EA is the bane of evil, I like alot of their games, like The Sims, and the Return of the King game. But I do think this is a mistake on their part by eliminating all other sides of the spectrum but themselves. I'm certainly not boycotting EA myself, unless they just don't come out with any games I feel like buying.

Originally posted by IG-64

Oo, he used a special character, he smart. :p

Well I can't go letting him pronounce the word wrong, can I?

That said I like the sims and the sims 2, but that's about it. I liked the LOTR games, but they aren't something I can find myself playing for very long. EA is mainly a sports game dominator. And now they assured that they would be the majority seller of sports games. This is wrong, and definitely Illegal. Anti-Trust laws are there for a reason. They have a monopoly on the NFL franchise for video games, this should not be allowed.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

the only real progress they have is sports games. And even those are very ripped off. They overcharge for a "new" game that's far from different from the old game.

Again, i can play Madden 04 and 05 and easily spot the new features. So unless you've played the game, you shouldn't say anything about it ;)

And I have played. I see no real advances in gameplay.

I can tell you the secondary's AI is alot more advanced, as bump and run coverage is actually initiated by the AI in blitz packages now.

Double teams are now played on a teams #1 reciever, usually with the safety. If the AI team has a slow safety they run the nickle package and pair him up with a faster corner.

Blitzes are now picked up by the lineman, sometimes quite frequently off of the weak side.

Did you notice those, or should I keep going? :p

And with no competition to force them to improve gameplay, the advances that they would have been forced to make out of necessity will be lost, and we'll get another game with updated rosters and tweaks here and there.

If they make the next madden for the Xbox 2 then there will also be an update in the graphics.

EA games is evil. Pure, concentrated evil. I hope their company gets caught in a rotten scandal and is shut down. Permanently.

I agree 05 madden is more fun than the 04 one, but they're far from being complete advances from eachother, and as you said there is no justification for the 50 dollar price tag.

AI additions not enough? They did add EA Radio, team newspapers, Team moral, player moral, Team initiated trades, and a much more balanced salary cap system.

The advances and additions definetly equate to a $50 price tag. No one was jipped.

EDIT- oh, and not to mention XBox Live capabilities. That alone is worth the $50.

Hardly, online play is now a standard. If you want to stay alive in this kind of business they have to add online play capability. So no, xbox live play does not equate to justifiying the 50 dollar tag.

and no, the stuff you mentioned doesn't justify a 50 dollar tag. I could say 30, because a lot of those are nice gimmicks.

Originally posted by TK-8252

They could have lowered the price.

WINNAR!

Seriously, I guess they just couldn't take the heat of Sega releasing a game that was getting close to (and in many respects beating) their quality, and they did it for 30 bucks less.

If sega had another year to produce the ESPN series of sports games, I think they could have easily done as well / better than EA.

1.) One of the first on the market that took advantage of new consoles

2.) Company that has money to invest in development

3.) Supportive fanbase established well before Sega brought ESPN franshice around

4.) Every year the amount they outsold Sega went down by a large margin

5.) Seeya

Archived