Home

Does Siege Break Map Cycle Configs?

razorace

I'm having a problem with my server where the map cycle is getting bumped and I think it might be the siege gametype. Any suggestions?

seta sv_hostname " ^1OJP Basic Razor Ace Test Server"

seta g_motd "^1Active Coding/Debugging Server. Subject to sudden crashes/resets/shutdowns."

seta sv_allowDownload "0"

set bot_minplayers 9

seta sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:27900"

//game limits

seta timelimit "40"

seta fraglimit "35"

seta duel_fraglimit "10"

set g_autoMapCycle 0

set g_AllowMapVote 1

//map cycle stuff

set m1 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_korriban; set nextmap vstr m2"

set m2 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf1; set nextmap vstr m3"

set m3 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf2; set nextmap vstr m4"

set m4 "set g_gametype 4; map mp/duel3; set nextmap vstr m5"

set m5 "set g_gametype 4; map mp/duel6; set nextmap vstr m6"

set m6 "set g_gametype 4; map mp/duel8; set nextmap vstr m7"

set m7 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa5; set nextmap vstr m1"

vstr m1

In my experience, bots do not work correctly with siege. Because of that, a siege map will never rotate until real players join and play the map. The server will sit perpetually empty on the same map until then. Incidentally, allowing map votes will also break a custom map rotation. Just a few weaknesses of this game server.

A change in g_gametype does not take effect until the next map. So you have to specify the gametype in the preceeding line.

For example, if I wanted a rotation where the first map was FFA, the second TFFA, and the third CTF, then repeat, it would be as follows:

seta g_automapcycle "0"

seta g_gametype "0" //sets the gametype for the first map

set m1 "map mp/ffa3;set g_gametype "6";set nextmap vstr m2"

set m2 "map mp/ffa5;set g_gametype "8";set nextmap vstr m3"

set m3 "map mp/ctf4;set g_gametype "0";set nextmap vstr m1"

vstr m1

//

//

//

Also, the restart of the map to switch teams is considered a map restart (like rounds on a Duel server) so it is tricky to make a change in gametype in a rotation with with the Duel, Power Duel, or Siege gametypes. Same thing happens if g_dowarmup is "1" and is working on the mod (it doesn't in basejka). Warmup has to be disabled in the line preceeding the line with a change in gametype.

Where did you get bots that play siege correctly including joining the game and playing before real players enter so that the map rotation does not stall out? How do you have it set up that map voting won't break the custom rotation? I'm interested in both if they work.

In terms of the gametype being set before or after the map changes, as long as you put all of your settings BEFORE the map command, they will take effect prior to the map change and will be applied to that map. So what razorace has does work fine because it sets the gametype going into the map change, not after.

Archived