Home

FBI Agents in Boston on Alert after Allegations of a "Suspicious Person"

Guest Jed

And can you hear the sound of hysteria

MEMA Placed On Standby Status

State Safety Officials Meeting At Bunker

POSTED: 3:35 pm EST January 19, 2005

UPDATED: 4:20 pm EST January 19, 2005

BOSTON -- The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency has been placed on standby, and public safety officials are meeting at the bunker, according to a published report Wednesday.

There have been reports that the FBI office in Boston received a call from an FBI office in California warning officials about a suspicious person that may be in the area, according to the Boston Herald's Web site.

No specific threats have been confirmed, but FBI agents in Boston have been put on alert, and officials started to gather at MEMA at about 1:30 p.m.

NewsCenter 5 and TheBostonChannel.com will have more information as it becomes available.

Gotta stir up some **** before the inauguration, no?

*Tries to light shoe bomb* ........... *fails*

*Tries to light hand bomb* ............ *fails*

*Tries to light trouser bomb* .......... *farts*

*News report on how some guy detonated a small dirty bomb hidden in his pants and got killed*

TiE

It's either.... Something political is going on and they want to hide the news or the terrorists want to get people running round in circles.

Before the Media blow this obviously sack of crap story up beyond belief I think I should point out a few facts about dirty bombs to calm all you nervy Americans down a bit.

1 a dirty bomb is not a serious threat

the nuclear material deposited by one is so spread out it is unlikely to kill anyone .

2 As long as you evacuate the area in a couple of hours and clean up properly no long lasting effects should be noted

3 two armies have experimented in the use of Dirty Bombs. Iraq and the USA.

4 Both came to the conclusion that as a weapon they are useless in practice.

5 The Nazis planed to drop one on New York but the plan went belly up .

Now if this guy was talking about a real nuclear weapon …..well as long as you stick your head between your legs you’ll have time to kiss your ass goodbye …. But I wouldn’t worry this is just the old panic button that was left to the Bush Admin by the Reagan Admin (the same bloody Admin) … they’ll push it every so often to keep up their support

HOWEVER, The dirty bomb is an excellent terrorist weapon because it causes fear and panic, the primary effect that any terrorist wants to produce. The fall-out from a dirty bomb is easily cleaned up and its the upheaval caused to a busy city that causes the most damage. That said, if high-grade uranium for example was used then the radioactivity would presumably be that much greater than if the bomb was made from medical waste and material like that. But still, its not effective in the number of casualties that it would produce, but is effective in the fear-factor and disruption it causes

And even more interestingly (however slightly off topic)

Nothing to do with the story but Boston reminds me of something I heard a while back.

On 911 we all saw what happened and I don't think anyone was not upset and outraged by what they saw.

Then the US government said it was Bin Laden who was responsible and issued an ultimatum to the Taliban in Afghanistan along the lines of (he paid for it hand him over or we’ll bomb you)

The Taliban said Ok show us the proof

The Us had none but bombed the country into dust anyway..

And here's where the question arises. Why didn't the British Bomb Boston after IRA attacks ... that's where most of the funding for their attacks came from....

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

1 a dirty bomb is not a serious threat

the nuclear material deposited by one is so spread out it is unlikely to kill anyone .

2 As long as you evacuate the area in a couple of hours and clean up properly no long lasting effects should be noted

Not strictly true, if the dust is inhailed it would be like smoking x 100, as radioative dust in your lungs will almost cirtainly give you lung cancer. But yes, it is important to say This is not a nuke

lol, just reminded me of Team America again.

"It would be like 9,11 x 100."

"what you mean..."

"yes, 91100"

Archived