Home

Jo problems

TK-425

I am trying to convert a mod for JA to JO and I dont know that much about outcast so I will show you my list of problems and you guys can tell me how I can fix it.

1.How would I change npc weapons

2.How would I change npc force powers

3.The Howler & Test models dont seem to be in the Outcast pk3's whats going on?

4.How would I make a .roq play between the loading screen and the STAR WARS .roq

5.Blaster impact shader

1. & 2. Do you have access to the source material? If you do, then you can do that with a spawn script.

3. The Howler creature was only added to JA. I don't know what is a test model, but seems likely it shares that condition.

4. By editing the script that launches in the beginning of the level, controlling the roqs to be played (assumes you answered positively to 1. & 2. or make a replacement script).

5. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Aye.

Well, not if it just leaves black soot behind instead of actualy burning the wall like it did in the movies;) Yeah, I do own JO and can access the pk3s if thats what you mean. So Its just script editing mostly then? I need to download the SDK for that wouldnt I? Oh, and what script do I have to edit for the .roq?

Oh, and how would I remove the effect for MP Protect, Rage, Absorb, Grip?

Well, I meant the mod source material. Genuine, generic material from the games itself does not really concern the mod.

For spawn scripts, you would also need to edit entity properties, that is, the map file itself. That's why you would need complete source material.

Of course you could edit NPC files for a mod, but that might not be a wise, and certainly not a specific choice in the long run. Unless the JA mod had an NPC with a preset concussion rifle you want to get rid of.

And since it's a mod, it's hard to say which script to edit. But if you have the source material from the author, you can scan them through looking for the set_videoplay command (check the exact syntax of that).

Can't help you with removing effects. I have never done such work.

Archived