Home

Johnny Carson dead at 79

BongoBob

Originally posted by ZBomber

But, we can learn from his mistakes.... or something like that.

Okay, but people already have the facts, all they have to do is choose. I just think we should keep the political crap out of a mourning thread and save it for later, for some anti-smoking thread.

back on topic. It sucks to see such a great entertainer go.

Belittling? It's not belittling it's showing a tragic death of a beloved entertainer caused by a harmful habbit. which in turn can hopefully cause other people to see that nobody is bulletproof when it comes to things like this.

Not bringing it up would be belittling his death.

I thought George Burns, one of the greatest entertainers ever, would have shown that noone is bulletproof?

I just prefer not to have people preaching crap to me when people are mourning. I just figured we should just mourn, and remember him as an entertainer. Not label him as some tobacco junkie.

I forgot that one example is enough for everyone to learn their lesson, sorry. :rolleyes: Do you know why commercials run more than once? Yeah.

Why is your mourning better than jon's mouring over a tragic smoking related death? Jon never put him down as a "junkie" either. Don't put words in his mouth.

If none of us ever try to learn from others mistakes where will we as a people ever get? How is it helping ourselves or anyone else?

I'm just saying, coming up to people and saying don't smoke while they're mourning is the same as some PETA'tard coming up and saying "don't eat meat murderer" while mourning. That stuff should stay outside the mourning area.

Mourning is a time to look and see what good a persons done, not shun their mistakes.

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Nothing about the dead except good.

I think what Sith wants is us to just mourn, and not talk about his cause of death so early. After a period of time we can talk about it, but right now it'd be better to just mourn his death rather than speak the cause of it.

If I'm correct in inferences.

Anyway, he was a cool guy. I never saw much of him, or would I even know of him if not due to English. Our English teacher showed us a tape of his show because Ayn Rand was on there one day, doing an interview. It was fun to watch, cept I slept when Rand was preaching.

He was a great host.

R.I.P. Johnny.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Yes. You can judge the man later, right now you mourn.

Well, just because he is gone doesn't mean we should all forget about his "devils". Your way of taking death may be different than another's... Just don't read their post, it shouldn't make a difference to you. :confused:

Maybe he became one with the "force" and moved into Jay Leno's chin, then he can be in our lives forever :D

You were one hell of an entertainer

R.I.P.

Archived