Home

Why this game is going to suck

Darth Windu

Originally posted by Prime

I mean, look at JA and KOTOR 2. They are both games that are based on the same engine and use a lot of the same assets (models, textures, and the like) as their earlier versions. Yet, they still took 1.5-2 years to develop. It would be the same way if the PT were to be added to Empire at War. It would require a lot more time and money to create just as good a game.

Actually Jedi Academy uses the Quake 3 engine, along with Jedi Knight 2.

Both Knights of the Old Republic games uses a heavily modified version of the Neverwinter Nights engine.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I am upset about in this game is that it is PC only. Well, Mac will eventually get it a year after it is release just like the Jedi Knight Games, Knights of the Old Republic, and Battlefront. I have a PC but this game definitely won't run on a Pentium III 667MHz, 128MB memory, and 8MB video card. All of my money is going toward paying pay college student loans for the next 20 years. :(

Im with Kryllith on the whole resource management/gathering. You only have to look at my avatar/title to figure out what I think of resource management. If not resources per se (cause that is very un-Star Wars), then some limiting factor to make the game more strategic and less tactical (it is an RTS after all). Thats what I hate about the Total War games, its almost all tactics. I want to be able to make some strategic decisions in a strategy game. That said, one of the game sites sort of confirmed that some form of resources will be in the game because it said that the Rebellion will have more expensive but better units while the Imps, on average, will have cheaper, worse units.

I also think that the TIE crawler will be exactly what everyone thinks of it. Crap. Cheap fodder crap. It will be what the emps have to use to keep up with the Rebellion tanks until walkers come niot play.

Insane - so now you try to cover your lies with more lies? In your reply to my first post, you included a supposed "quote" that contained a 'phrase' I never at any time used. That is lying, and using a fake quote. Trying to lie to get yourself out of something, believe it or not, is not a smart thing to do when the evidence exists for all to see.

luke - I have never contested the average age of gamers, the average age of SW fans etc. That, however, is irrelevant because my whole point here is that LA simply does not care about PT fans. It seems only fitting then that PT fans do not care about LA.

Prime - I am aware that there would be a significant amount of time and money invested in order to produce the Republic and Confederacy, but I still think they could and should have done so. Of course everything is economics, and while it may not seem like much (and in fact isn't), I will not purchase any SW RTS that does not include the PT simply on principle.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

Insane - so now you try to cover your lies with more lies? In your reply to my first post, you included a supposed "quote" that contained a 'phrase' I never at any time used. That is lying, and using a fake quote. Trying to lie to get yourself out of something, believe it or not, is not a smart thing to do when the evidence exists for all to see.

I'm not lying. Never did. I shortened your quote into a phrase I felt summed it up. I believed your entire post to be stupid crap so I changed it to say that, instead of leaving the entire stupid quote in to only say a few things.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

I will not purchase any SW RTS that does not include the PT simply on principle.

Then stop whining about EAW. You're not going to buy it, fine. Noone cares, what we do care about however is your flawed BS.

Which has been covered in past posts.

Alright, there's far too many irrelevant arguments in this thread.

Make a new one if you'd like to continue this. It's getting too hostile.

Archived