Home

HOTH: ESCAPE Spacemap release!

Rends

I know this is what you have been waiting for so long time ;-)

SWBFhothescapepreview.jpg

Downloadlink:

Gametoast.com

StarWars Battlefrontfiles

LucasFiles

STARWARS

BATTLEFRONT

HOTH: ESCAPE

Made by "Rends"

The Hoth: Escape map can be played at the Galactic Civil War era.

Historical Background:

Galactic Civil War: Imperial forces detected the Rabel Base on the Planet Hoth. The Rebels now try to escape from the Planet.

Installation: Copy the folder "hoth6" to your "Star Wars Battlefront/GameData/AddOn" directory.

Known bugs:

A few graphic glitches are noticable in the sky background

Even if this is a Spacemap the terrain is still there. so don´t fly too low.

AI isn´t very smart when it comes to dogfight.

Some fighter takeoff positions doesn´t fit exactly.

The rebel transports don´t move. In fact they stand midair with gears down :-)

AI won´t use the flak.

Don´t take this map to seriosly. It was only a small sidestep project and i don´t know if i will ever go on working on this one.

Better make a new one from scratch once we can create new models.

Anyway, enjoy it,

Rends

PS: I just had lot of fun playing this map online with a couple of guys. I realy recommend it to play it online!

Totally cool map. I dig it. I like the whole dogfight thing. I know u didn't really make this to be offical but here r some things.

Fixys

- Make Enemies get out. They should capture the command posts.

- More Turrents!

- Instead of making like the command posts on the inside of the ships find a way to make it inside and have landing pads outside. Something like a mix between Kamino and Bespin.

- Make it for Clone wars call it like Space: Dogfight or something.

Cool Stuff

- WE LOVE STARSHIPS!

- The free space Idea is really cool.

- Would be really really fun online when the dogfights would get intense.

- Ties outnumbered rebel ships. Thats good cause Ties in my opnion are overall weaker. It also is more like the movies. Brings me back to the good ol days of Rouge Squadren :biggs::luke::x-wing::wedge:

Overall it was a killer map. Excellent work once again.

~NegativeSmiley :bounce1:

Great map. If you stand back and look at the action it's pretty cool. I like landing on the transports for some reason... :) It's a great map right now a few fixes I'd like are: The CPs seem like it takes too little time to take from the enemy. While the AI never does this, It would be done in MP. Perhaps if the time limit took as long as some of the Main Command posts in other levels (Like the Cloning Center on Kamino, or the Spire on Geonosis.) it would be better. It's probably really hard to create a hanger but it would be nice, if not it'd be nice if there was some sort of room or corridor on the ships that infnatry can hide in while waiting for a ship to spawn. (You know to avoid getting shot.)

• 5 weeks later...

Two solutions to the terrain, both used with great success in Galactic Conquest:

1. Use a grid at the bottom to show how low you can fly.

2. Put in a transparent surface just over the surface. Mod it so that you don't take damage when hitting it, but just bounce off. If that's possible using the BF engine, that is.

Nice-looking map. It makes me regret not buying BF for PC (but what the H***, I've got Galactic Conquest):p .

Archived