Home

Movie Poster Photoshop Game (don't get too carried away!)

IG-64

Ok, heres how it works. Someone requests a movie title, and others have to make 3 diffrent movie posters for it; one comic (like a Disney movie), one horror, and one drama.

If anyone remembers the JA caption thread it works kinda like that. One person requests a title, people make the posters, then the person reviews and announces the winner, then the winner requests a title, and so on.

In a way it's a game for both the title person and the photoshop person. Becase the title has to be pretty generic so it can fit all 3 genres and still be believable.

It doesn't matter if the title's been used before, as long as you made it up and it just so happened to be the name of a movie.

If the game doesn't catch on, i'll ommit a poster, like the drama one or something. That way it's less work but it's still a challenge.

I'll start, the first title is:

In a Nutshell

aaaand go.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got the idea, GothiX. :p

Hmm, but we need the other posters.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

What's In A Nutshell? :confused:

in a nutshell

adv : summed up briefly; "gave the facts in a nutshell"; "just tell me the story in a nutshell"; "explained the situation in a nutshell"

I just used the phrase as a generic title.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

You should have specified that it should be a made up movie title, and not an actual movie.

"It doesn't matter if the title's been used before, as long as you made it up and it just so happened to be the name of a movie."

I thought that would make it clear enough.

I think maybe it should be that you make 2 of the 3 posters, whichever 2 ones you feel like making.

Originally posted by IG-64

hmm, it's getting good results, but i'm not sure where to take it to make it an actual good game.

The whole photoshop a movie poster thing is a good start. Any ideas?

Well, you could have one person give the outline of a plot and everyone has to make a poster and title from that...

Archived