Home

How to install mods?

Darth333

I'll repeat again: Did you read the readme concerning the installation??? You don't have to extract the files directly in the override folder. This is why it's important to always read it carefully. Don't blindly install a mod.

I won't start copy/paste the readme here so for the last time, read it. Read it entirely and pay attention to what it says. I like to help out but I won't start giving online reading courses.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll repeat again: Did you read the readme concerning the installation??? You don't have to extract the files directly in the override folder. This is why it's important to always read it carefully. Don't blindly install a mod.

I won't start copying and pasting the readme here so for the last time, read it! Read it entirely and pay attention to what it says. I like to help out but I won't start giving online reading courses.

Ok i read it and it said that i should click install it then when prompted to brows for the root directory for my game. This is were im stuck now. It says the default is c:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR. I tried to use that but it says that the dialog.tlk file not found. I believe im making progress but im stuck at this. I need to know what is the root directory for KOTOR 1.

Ok i read it and it said that i should click install it then when prompted to brows for the root directory for my game. This is were im stuck now. It says the default is c:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR. I tried to use that but it says that the dialog.tlk file not found. I believe im making progress but im stuck at this. I need to know what is the root directory for KOTOR 1.

The root directory of KOTOR is where you installed the game. The default place the game will be installed to is c:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR but if oyu installed it to D:\SWKotor then this would be your root directory.

Okay here we go again. Do you have a K1 Icon on your desktop? If you do: right click it, a bar should come up, and at the bottom should say properties> Then then should come up a big bar> go to find target> that will take you into your root directory> then put the files in the folder called "Override" (Without quotes) I hope this helps

-Smallz

EDIT: I will put pictures up when i come home from school

Sorry about the stupid question! You've probably had this a thousand times before but i'm a total newbie (hence the name :) ).

Now heres my problem i downloaded Sciamano's Anakin Skywalker V3.0 (ep III) mod but i also want to have the obi wan mod to. However i think they use the same pc, i have read the threads here and it turned my brain into jelly! i have managed to get KT and winrar, but now i'm stuck as to what to do next i would really appreciate someone patient to take me through a REAL noddy step by step guide!!!! I am trying honestly :lol:

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
thanks, i appreciate your help. But, just so I understand correctly, I don't have to modify any of the original game files with Photoshop or something similar to be able to use the new ones, right?

Correct :)

You will however need to extract the files from the .rar file. Don't just place the .rar archinve in your override ;)

Comma's (Padawan Robes) Textures for the new model fix:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13033.html

svösh's site:

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/xclone_0101/kotor_mods.htm

Be sure to snag svösh's "15 Master Robes Textures" for his model fixes :D

• 3 weeks later...
1. Install winrar by double clicking on the wrar330.exe file and follow the instructions at the screen.

2a. Open the .zip or the .rar file containing the mod.

2b. Read the readme included in the .zip or .rar file

3. Click the "Extract to" button

4. select your Override folder (or any other folder mentioned in the readme)

5. Click ok.

Screenshot of steps 3, 4, 5: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/champion.jpg

6. Start playing

I try extracting directly to the override folder and the mod never works. It only works when I extract to the desktop and then copy or drop the files from the desktop into the Override folder.

Note that some mods now use the TSL patcher, which takes care of the installation for you. If thats the case, do not extract the files in your override folder or it won't work: double click the .exe file within the .rar instead (in any event, read the readme provided by the author).

• 4 weeks later...
please what I have to do with nss folder (for exar kun tomb mods ?)

thanks

The NSS Folder just contains the source scripts for the mod. Unless you need to re-write the scripts, you don't need to do anything with it for the mod to work. :)

It's just there to use as a modder's resource. ;)

• 1 month later...
Quick question, would this be the same for the mac version of the game? I assume it might be as I have all of the folders you are talking about, I guess I am just wondering if anyone has tried this before on a mac?
A fellow MAC user, good to see ya' :D

Yeah, same process.. drag-n-drop.. that is unless the mod uses the TSLPatcher which has an .exe executable...

You should be "safe" though with most mods for KotOR (since I've yet to find a MAC TSL version)... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to install Paragon's D20 Adaptation Mod, The Ultimate Lightsaber Mod, The "Unofficial" bug fix mods (From Team Gizga), and Sikon's Lonna Vash mod. The Problem is, all of those mods really seem to hate each other and won't get along no matter what I do! Can anyone help me make those mods work together? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

edit: By the way, the game I'm trying to mod is TSL.

Archived