Home

Where are the space battles?

michaelforce

One thing I am dissapointed in is the lack of any space battles. I realize they are not the main point of the game but it is still an important element of the story.

Does anyone know why the spacebattles have been ignored? Is there another game coming out with these in it?

I am probably in the minority but who is using the XBOX platform only out there?

Originally posted by michaelforce

One thing I am dissapointed in is the lack of any space battles. I realize they are not the main point of the game but it is still an important element of the story.

Does anyone know why the spacebattles have been ignored? Is there another game coming out with these in it?

Because that's what you have X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, and X-Wing: Alliance for. ;)

plus a load of other Star Wars space flying games

You're right, and I have owned most of the space battle games over the years. I always felt they were less than fun without the context of the ground battles. They are more like simulations but I think the gamer wants all contexts to be explored.

I really enjoy flying an XWING in Galactic Battlegrounds. The ability to switch from air to ground battles is part of the thrill of winning (or at least keeping your side alive).

Who hasn't had the desire to fly up to the Imp Cruisers and take a few shots? :vsd:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, im also a little displeased. Although it is mainly focused on infantry and ground battles i think they should open up the ability to fly.

Also something that i don't like is the smallness of some levels, its very hard to manuver a airbourne vehicle. They should either take away the limited area, or make it go into space.

You're right, it is a RTS. However, I hold to the hope that they will port it to console gaming (XBOX).

Thanks for the tip on Battleground 2 as I haven't heard any news about it. I would probably buy it but I can't say that BG has been the best game in the world. Happy it exists, but I don't recommend it unless a die hard Star Wars fan.

I rented a driving game this weekend: Burnout 3 for XBOX and it is a huge improvement is the other two releases. I hope for the same for Battlegrounds 2 (if it ever gets released).

Originally posted by michaelforce

I am probably in the minority but who is using the XBOX platform only out there?

Well consider yourself to be lucky cause Pandemic is making Battlefront 2 which is going to come out in the Fall this year and one of the new things they will be adding is space battles like the Battle of Endor or the Battle of Coruscant! Also you will be able to board other ships to take them from the inside and use them against other nearby enemy ships! There will also be Jedi and more things as well. The space battles look like the Rogue Squadron 2 Space Battles, and I'm not exagerrating.

• 3 weeks later...
I think Battle Grounds two would be Empire at War.

No. Plain and simple. It's more like Total War in style.

Also you will be able to board other ships to take them from the inside and use them against other nearby enemy ships!

How revolutionary...:rolleyes:

That's been there for years already in the shape of GC, so it's hardly anything new. It should have been in SWBF all the time, as a matter of fact.

It would be sooooooooooo insane if they had the death star as a ship and the firing range was short and the CPs would be planets or moons that spawn lots of ships and you'd have to destroy or takeover the deathstar before it destroyed the CP's. And you'd have a limited number of turrets on the deathstar and there'd have to be someone operating and etc.

Personally, I'm hoping that there is an emphasis on repelling invaion parties, rather than just creating them.

Perhaps if the invasion parties capture CPs in an enemy ship, then obviously you (and reinforcements) can spawn there and if you nicked all of them, the ship is yours!

Actually, that sounds cool.

Archived