Home

Best Console Ever?

lukeskywalker1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I think IGN is a little.... ummm.. biased(?) about consoles? I get the impression that they make the cube out to be less than the other systems.

For example, some reviews kinda don't match right. The main one I can think of is Spiderman 2 - They said it didn't have reflective windows, and all this other stuff. When I played the game, it DID have all that stuff. *shrugs* looked like they copied and pasted it from the PS2 section... :eek:

What? I can't beat the Xbox in graphics unless you're talking about something like cel shading. Then it whips ass.

Depends on the game. I know the system specs are less than X-Box. I think that the 'cube has some kinda CPU managment though, because there are games on the 'cube that my PC couldn't handle, when my specs are double there (but my vid card sux, so...)

Soul Calibur 2 had good graphics, and was comparable to X-Box. Im sure there are several other games like that.

Wind Waker's graphics were good... the cel shading was awesome. It was just disappointing after seeing Zelda Space World 2000. At least we are getting that.. kinda later on. See my new Sig :D

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

What? It can't beat the Xbox in graphics unless you're talking about something like cel shading. Then it whips ass.

the only reason you say that is they dont 'push' the GCN farther than it can go. they do things like Halo2 and the console cant keep up, you get stutters, and the bump maps flipping on and off, Halo2 look good in spots, and damn shoddy in others they way i see it.

Nintendo is trying to be unique. Even the Revolution will have crappy specs... some rumors are 256 ram... what the...? others say around 512 RAM and 2.0 Ghz. That will be good when its released in 2006, but in 2007 2.0 ghz will be nothing. Republic Command recommends 2.0 Ghz.

They focus on Gameplay and quality, instead of just supier hardware. This way Nintendo Consoles are always cheaper.The next console (the Revolution) is supposed to revolutionize gameplay. I can't wait to see what they have planned. Check IGN.com for info on some rumors.... but they are just rumors, probably made up ones.

I'm just gonna say that the art direction on Nintendo games tends to be better and more creative than on Xbox games.

So Zelda had cel-shading? So what? I mean people whine there's nothing innovative, or different out there, then, when someone tries something new, it's condemmed as too kiddy, or too different, or too wierd. Some people don't, some people like it, but if you look on message boards, 90% of them are that hippocritical (fifty bucks someone's gonna make fun of that word). The way, I believe, they were trying to do it was this:

Wind Waker: Link's a kid, so it's cartoonish, the tone is light like what a kid link's age would play.

New Zelda: Link's a teenager, he's growing up, the tone's darker, the graphics are realistic, Link's grown up, he can ride horses (metaphor, you might believe, for getting a drivers liscence).

Star Fox adventures wasn't good because, let's admit it, they tried to force the Star Fox lisence on it. I remember looking forward to it a lot when it was just simply Dinosaur Planet. But it still makes a decent rental

Pikmin is just addictive and fun.

I don't know anyone who can seriously declare Metroid Prime kiddy

Eternal Darkness is creepy, and not just an RE/Silent Hill clone. It borrows a lot from those, I'll admit, but the sanity meter is awesome, and they take a page from Metal Gear Solid.

MGS: TTS, is an awesome game for anyone who didn't play the original.

Sunshine is a good game, not as good as 64 was when it came out, but it's good too.

Super Monkey ball is just fun as hell

Mario Kart Double Dash!! is, IMO a worthy sequel.

If you want to know, I'm not biased, I just don't like one thing: everyone's trying to make Game Consoles into 'Multimedia centers' and Nintendo is the only one making a console for games, pure and simple, which also keeps the price down.

and Sam steals the win from under Rhett's nose in overtime!!!!

Gamecube COULD HAVE BEEN a great console, but amazingly bigN made almost the same mistakes with it that they made with the n64.

The very few games that have fully exploited the GC have had graphics on a par with the xbox... but because nintendo has been so stubborn about things like pricing and online play it is always an afterthought... so you always end up with an Xbox version, then a cut down version for ps2, then a port of the PS2 version to the gc (if you are lucky).

I love my GC, and i like my xbox, and i don't have a PS2. But i still think that the depth of titles (especially rpgs and things like disgea) on the PS2 is probably the best of any console ever.

Sure there is a load of dross, but there is ALWAYS a load of dross on all consoles (including things like SNES) but we have a tendancy to only remember the good ones and forget the rest.

64...by far..my friend and i would play that all day...and laugh and beat each other will pillows and say "you suck! No man you suck!"...about 30 times a day..lol it became a greeting eventually...we would take turns beating OoT and kicking each others butt in pod racing (that didnt last long though...). 64 da bomb

Wamp-a Wampa

Another thing games and movies share, we only remember the good stuff. They made as many bad games on the Atari, NES, SNES, PS1, N64 than they do now, but now it's happening, we see the previews, reviews, the ads, we hear about them, so we remember them. I mean the N64 spawned the unholy Superman game.

I agree that Nintendo has made a lot of mistakes concerning how it handles its business, but in the games it makes, usually you can't go wrong.

Archived