Home

Songs that mean something to you.

Mike Windu

What are songs that hold some kind of significance to you? I've been listening to a select few lately, that I really enjoy and listen to with a sense of awe.

- Harry Chapin - Cats in the Cradle

- Aerosmith - Dream On

- Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

and light into me all you want for this one, but I really enjoy it on an emotional level. :p

- Twista - Hope (not the faith evans version on the coach carter soundtrack)

LIST AND DISCUSS NOW! :p

<3

Sometimes worship songs can affect me. My eyes tear up a little depending on the song and the message. "Three Wooden Crosses" was a song I heard a few nights ago, and my eyes watered a little. I don't normally listen to country music either. Then there are others that reflect my beliefs so they mean something to me.

Im not even a musical person... most of the time I play midi music while mapping or reading the forums.

Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

(To me, it's THE song. No other song can hold anything to it.)

See Emily play - Pink Floyd

(I dunno why, but it's just one of those songs that makes me feel as if I lived through the 60's.)

Dear Mama - Tupac

(I know, it's rap, but it's a really emotional song...and he wrote it for his mom)

Life Goes On - Tupac

(Another emotional rap song, really awesome)

Theres more, but my mind is blanked.

The Beatles- A Day in the Life

It's an awkward song but it's really good in it's lyrics and melody, and the way John Lennon sings about these horrible events in such a trivial way makes it only seem worse when he sings about a mundane event in a happier but still trivial tone.

The Beatles- Taxman.

"Let me tell you how it will be, there's one for you nineteen for me..."

I only included it because George Harrison is my favorite singer. I Me Mine is also very good.

Sting - After the Rain has Fallen

Shh...I know that Sting is extremely emotional and crap, but that song always makes me feel better.

Weezer- Say it Ain't So

I like it because it sets such a calm setting even through out the harsher confessions within the song.

Fire and Rain - James Taylor

It just makes me think of the good times with my family (mainly my mother). It just makes most of the bad times less hard to think about.

Most of Mr. Taylors song choke me up in that sort of way.

more recent ones:

Dashboard Confessional - Hands Down

I listen to it, and my girl friend thinks it's cute when my eyes go hazy. Most of they're songs have a good soft rythm to them as well.

Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Story of my life.

Troopr is teh softy :(

Weezer - Photograph

That song's always held a somewhat sentimental value to it, and even after recent events I'm still inclined to hold on to that feeling.

David Bowie - Wild Eyed Boy from Freecloud

The song just speaks to me on a different level.

There's quite a lot of those, but it actually goes per album for me :/

Nightwish - Once

When I had to go to clinic to cure my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I brought this CD along with me, and kept playing it as much as I could. It's kept me standing, and also helped keeping a steady tempo when I had to excercise. And since the days at clinic have been amazingly tough, they're bound to stay in my memory for a good while, and that CD just is a part of it.

After Forever - Prison Of Desire

Before I went to clinic, I pretty much was depressed because of my disease. I barely could do anything, but once in a while, I could get up, get out and go walk the dyke. Brought me peace, relieved me of my worries, and well, it was an amazing experience. Always, when I walked there, this CD was playing on my discman.

Nightwish - Oceanborn

CD I played a lot during the summer, 3 years back. Always when I listen to it, I can go back to those days in my mind.. those days pretty much were awesome.

Boy there's a lot of songs that mean something to me. :indif:

I'll just list a few...

The Sisters Of Mercy - Nine While Nine

This song is about being brokenhearted and feeling empty, I used to listen to it every time I felt lonely the last summer, and it made me tear up more than once. :/

The 69 Eyes - Heaven/Hell

I first heard this song some months ago, and I pretty much identify it with someone for a unknown reason.

Nightwish - Dead Boys Poem

Just an incredibly emotional song which has also helped me as an inspiration when feeling sad.

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

Just one of my absolute favourite songs, for me it represents that you can always carry on, even though it might seem hopeless. I know the lyrics don't exactly reflects this hope, but it's just what I connect it to.

The Cure - Burn

I just connect this song with being alone, dreaming of someone. It's also the soundtrack to one of my favourite movies (The Crow)

Hoobastank-The Reason

Don't want to be mushy, but this song bascially tells Kain how I feel about him. Every word.

Staind-Epiphany

Thia song I listened to alot a few years back when I was battling depression. Even though the song and lyrics have a mellow, sad vibe, it helped me get through the days when I felt like I couldn't carry on. :)

Tons of songs do this to me. I'm that kind if quiet, aloof, slightly dorky guy sitting in the corner alone who's all messed up inside. I want to say or do so many things, but cannot through timidity. That being said, lots of sings, particularly romance/love kinda songs...

"Broken" used to, Amy Lee, but now it's kind of old..

"Ocean Avenue" has some good memories for me

"Welcome to My Life" & "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" both can make a gloomy mood a little worse, plus they're good songs anyway.

and then, f course, I have to give props to "Stacey's Mom"...the first song I ever fell in love with... /tear

Country is depressing, so I don't listen to it...I'd be crying about everything if I did.

Archived