Home

Immobilized With Fear!

Boba Rhett

What the heck. I was on the computer earlier and it happened to me. :indif:

When I was young, still somewhat to this day, I've suffered from severe lucid nightmares. I'm talking real bad; I'd go for days fighting sleep at like the age of six.

It wasn't traditional, "scary" things that would bother me in my dreams though. It was things that were completely out of place from their normal setting. Like, something was wrong with them but you weren't quite sure what.

So lets catch up on the dreaming situation,

1990 -

Repress repress repress! :^::sweat::^:

Present

Ok, there. What happened was that I was reading a post somewhere earlier and the posters started talking about something weird he saw when he was younger. Unsuspecting as to what he was going to say, I kept reading and read what it was,: "la la la, i'm reading a post, lalala- *BAM*

Then my body basically shut down and I stared, shaking, at a wall for a few minutes unable to help myself. :cry6:

Have any of you guys/gals been so overcome by fear that you just can't do anything? It doesn't have to be some wacky, dream fear like mine. :nut: Just anything really. If so, do tell! I would enjoy hearing about it. :D

Okay, this is a actual part of a nigthmare I had (yeah, goffs have 'em too <.<):

I was walking downtown, whistling a fave black metal tune, when suddenly I see the biggest bimbo in my class and a group of her friends. Normally this wouldn't be strange, but the horrible thing was, more than half of them were wearing Burzum t shirts and hoodies. :eek:

Then, to my utter disbelief and horror, I found out that Burzum merchandise had become the 'in' thing, and when I asked one of the girls if they knew what Burzum is, she replied something like "no, isn't it a hip label?"

I woke up shivering. :eek:

Note: Burzum is a Norwegian black metal band infamous for murder and church burnings.

I had a dream where me and my friends were hanging out on my porch, then all of a sudden, a really huge snake-like dragon started eating them and chased me. It bit me in my throat. I woke up, shaking and covered in sweat. My neck hurt all that day. I didn't go back to sleep for like 3 days straight.

Eeepp. :eek:

I'm no doctor, but it sounds like what are called "panic attacks." I'm fairly sure they are somewhat common and can be treated with proper medication (assuming it's not a seizure or something else like that of course), since it may be being caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain.

If you haven't already I'd consult a physician about it. It may be that something can be done about it, and just to be on the safe side, it couldn't hurt.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

It's psychosomatic, what it is, is your mind is so plagued by the images in your head from your dreams that it illusions those are real, because the dreams are very realistic.

No way!!! You have to be dreaming...

Ok that wasn't funny. I R teh sorry :(

I always have this one dream when I get scarlet fever (I have been getting it every year since I was 10... so almost 13 years now). It invovles me being a house painter, and I am painting this one couples house. I get stopped by this guy in a black suit and he tells me, "If you use an industrial size amount of paint, you could make millions." So I go to a water tower and I fill it with paint, and then as I'm about to paint everyone's house, the water tank breaks open and a Giant paint ball kills everyone in the town. I wake up in a sweat and I have a huge lump in my throat that reminds me of the paint ball, I then lay there scared as I imagine a giant ball crushing me...

Crazy hallucination I know. But it usually takes me a while before I can breathe easy :(

Originally posted by Mike Windu

IF it is a panic attack, just breathe. Deeply. Slowly. It's just your mind tricking your body into thinking it's a serious threat to your person.

Counting to 6-7 while breathing helps.

It's hard tho when you just wake up and it all seems so real, it doesn't usually don on you that it was all a dream. That's what happens to me atleast.

Originally posted by Mike Windu

I hear ya Zed. It's hard to realize that there's no immediate danger.

But the more you try the easier it gets.

Speaking of which, the whole Zed thing from Pulp Fiction has also scarred me a bit.

'cause of, y'know, the anal loving between Zed and Marsellus. :xp:

Anyway, I never remember my dreams. Even with nightmares, I end up forgetting them within a week at the most.

happens to me whenever i get blood forced out of me by needles. yeah. i passed out 3 times in a year that way. it's kinda cool though cause i wake up and it's like i don't remember point a-point b...there's like a invisible gap that i don't remember.......hmm watching that manchurian candidate movie made me think...since i was officially government property the 2 times i did pass out...

Archived