Home

#2_tawsite.com...wth!!!

okstcowboys1

#2_TAWSITE.COM

Okay when I tried to join the #2_tawsite.com server...

It would say I could not join because I don't have the map being played.

When you look at the map it is one that I have and one that some other servers would let me on to play but then there are several that won't which display the same message.

I have tried several maps...2 of the maps so far are...

Hoth: The Big Battle and Eddie's Tyrnna(Spelling?) v1.0 and I have both these maps.

I can go to other servers that have the map and it works just fine.

Anyone no what is going on...there are actually 11 people in there and I wanted to play it but no go.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Just tried a few other servers...like half of them do this but then I can go to other servers and play. Wierd for sure.

Sorry about that didn't mean to step on any toes...

Wasn't sure where it should go so I picked General.

If you want to move it there if that will get this firgured out faster please do.

Thanks...

Oh, I have also uninstalled and re-installed everything with no change.

Just some servers are saying I don't have maps that others say I do.

Also this is not just custom maps it is original ones also.

Well after a ton of hours...

I have came to the conclusion that the AddOn folder has a size limit on some of the servers.

First I thought it was the number of maps were limited to 25 but then I swapped around and got up to 26...so that threw that out the window.

However what I did notice is if the AddOn folder was smaller then 600mb all the servers would load normal.

If it went above 600mb that is when the servers said "You can't play because you don't have the map that is being played."

So if anyone knows how to hack this thing or verify what exactly the limit is we will continue to have issues as more and more custom maps come out.

Right now there are 33 custom maps so we have to pick and choose what we want in our AddOn folder...pending on what servers you are wanting to play on.

Any thoughts???

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the size issue, but you need all the maps in a server's rotation, not just the current one, otherwise it will give you that error.

To play on that server you need Map Pack #1. It's a convenient bundle that promotes mod map playing online.

I have Map Pack 1.

I loaded every map there is and it errors out unless I take out several of them.

Then it lets me in.

But it isn't certain maps I took out several then put them back in then took out different ones with the same result.

Its just weird...it isn't justs the TAWS server it is several of them.

okstcowboys1, There are a couple of issues when trying to join a game since the last patch. For some reason when you try and join some games it sometimes selects the wrong game to join, this is particularly prevelant in password protected games. As a solution try just putting the name of the server you want to join in the filter box. Then, with only the one server displayed, double click it to join. Hope this helps.

Nope...no go.

Tried the filter and it still says I don't have the map being played yet I have it in my Addon folder.

Single Player works like a champ.

This game needs auto download that way it can take what ever the servers are doing different and xfer them to the players.

It is annoying as heck to have every map that has came out and it come back and say you don't have it.

Weird.

Well...I have raised the bullsh1t flag on this since their has been little to no help to this problem.

What I did was I loaded the game clean and then the patches.

Then I went to Multiply Player and looked at what maps it said I was missing.

Then I went are redownloaded each custom map that I was missing.

Put them in the Addon Folder on the C Drive.

Then went back to Multiply Player and low and behold it says hey...you have the freakin map.

So I select a server and it either lets me in and I can play or it gives me a message such as..."You can not enter, you do not have the map being played."

Now this is pretty much a 50/50 shot so something needs fixed...

My suggestion is a freakin AUTO DOWNLOAD like Call of Duty that way the Server Runs the show and you don't waist hours loading maps just to get some bullcrap responce from a server that you dont' have a map you just downloaded.

This also happens on Custom Maps that only have 1 version not multi-versions so that excuse is out to.

Archived