Home

An XBOX release

michaelforce

Originally posted by michaelforce

Does anyone know when an XBOX version of the Empire at War game would be released. Is there a formula for determining these things?

Although I would love to buy the PC version, I am going to wait for the XBOX. Am I Crazy?

Buy the PC version! It is better.:D

I understand the concept of RTS and that most of you do not think they could ever release a console version. OK fine.

I would be interested to know HOW you all are gaming: on a PC, XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation or a combination of them?

I have rejected PC games a few years ago because it seemed I was investing so much in upgrades for the PC. I never felt they performed as well as a console. With the promise of internet (LIVE XBOX) gaming, I suppose "A NEW HOPE" was introduced.

I took a gamble two years ago and started buying XBOX titles only. How are you buying?

Originally posted by Revan Solo

I buy PS 2 and PC games because some games are only for PC or PS 2. Online gaming isn't so important for me. I can play on both over the internet.

Thanks for your reply. How do you deal with the problem of upgrading your PC for the new/better games for your older system?

I prefer PC's, because there is so much games that you just can't get on the other platforms that I enjoy playing (WoW is one, SWG used to be one, and many RTS games). :)

Then again, there are the occasional gems that you just can't get on the PC. Like Spiderman 2 for instance.

Bought it for the PC, and boy was I disappointed. :( Was nothing like the Console version I tried it on.

I highly don't recommend this one for PC by the way, unless you're 7 or something. :p

Thanks for your reply. How much, may I ask, do you spend on upgrading your PC every year? That is my stumbling block.

I know the PC technologies have slowed in the last few years (in terms of great advances) so the cost has been lower to upgrade. I guess I've had too many bad experiences with PC games to want to go back.

XBOX has been ok to me. :lightning

best way to keep your PC upgraded is to save up some money and get some good parts. Don't buy the minimums; you'll spend more in the long run by continuously upgrading again and again to hit minimum requirements and only get par graphics because of a lack of power in your graphics card or your processor. I don't want to take this into a PC-upgrading thread, so send me a PM with your current system specs (if you aren't sure I can help you with that) and I'll try to help you upgrade economically.

How much?

I don't really know.

I try to buy close to the best there is so I don't have to upgrade my machines that often.

Last I had to buy myself a new motherboard and grafics card, plus new ram cause the new motherboard didn't support my old ram :(

That came to around 10,000 KR, which is around $1,500, or €1,176 ... I think. Not too sure what the exchange rate is right now.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I highly don't recommend this one for PC by the way, unless you're 7 or something. :p

Or oddly dumb.

BTW, I prefer my good old PC because it's my plaything. I can customize it, change parts, etc.

PC's are better all-rounders then consoles and that's what I want. They can do all a console can and more.

It costs a lot more money to keep a computer up-to-date but I don't mind. You've got to work for it but in the end, I find it more rewarding.

You do not need to upgrade it every year. I prefer to do it every two years. I can keep it up-to-date without spending too much at once.

Great advances haven't slowed down much but one thing is sure, if there was a breakthrough, most of us would not be able to afford it.

I think it is a common misconception that PC gamers spend huge amount of money to upgrade every year to gain 2-3 FPS. I don't think any casual gamer would be able to afford that.

Originally posted by Heavyarms

best way to keep your PC upgraded is to save up some money and get some good parts. Don't buy the minimums; you'll spend more in the long run by continuously upgrading again and again to hit minimum requirements and only get par graphics because of a lack of power in your graphics card or your processor. I don't want to take this into a PC-upgrading thread, so send me a PM with your current system specs (if you aren't sure I can help you with that) and I'll try to help you upgrade economically.

I have a older laptop at home and really need to buy a new one. My wife prefers it to a desktop so I will spend a nice chunk this year, possibly when I get my tax return.

Thanks for your offer to help....I will definitely save up the buck as you suggested. It seems most of the threads are PC users. :thmbup1:

"It costs a lot more money to keep a computer up-to-date but I don't mind. You've got to work for it but in the end, I find it more rewarding."

----------------

I supposed you wouldn't buy a laptop? I might have made a poor choice a few years ago...bought a Presario and it is about impossible to upgrade. :headbump

Laptops aren't made for gaming anyway. They can, but they're big workstations. It's their main purpose.

Upgrading a laptop is possible. You just have to find the right parts but it usually means going back to the manufacturer of your laptop, ordering pieces,etc. A bigger headache then it needs to be.

I'd buy a laptop if I needed a mobile workstation(if you travel a lot and your job requires you to use one).

Archived