Home

An XBOX release

michaelforce

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Laptops aren't made for gaming anyway. They can, but they're big workstations. It's their main purpose.

Upgrading a laptop is possible. You just have to find the right parts but it usually means going back to the manufacturer of your laptop, ordering pieces,etc. A bigger headache then it needs to be.

I'd buy a laptop if I needed a mobile workstation(if you travel a lot and your job requires you to use one).

You've right, and I get to try to find parts from Compaq! Not gonna do it. :(

I do travel a lot so it makes sense to buy one. This time I will spend $2000 on a laptop instead of $1200. You do get what you pay for!:comp9:

Originally posted by Revan Solo

I think it will be cheaper to sell your older PC to buy a new one instead of upgrading it every four year.

If you upgrade it every four years, yes, it might be easier for you but not cheaper. Some parts are still good and functionnal after 4 years(CD player, network adapter, some smaller device) so no, you'll save more by upgrading.

The box is not important as there has been a standardization(sp?) of what can go in there. Pieces are built so it can fit the average box. So no, boxes don't need to change, parts will normally fit just as well.

However, some new generation motherboards are also made for a specific type of box. Those need a change but I don't think we will see any major upgrade from that part.

If you upgrade it every four years, yes, it might be easier for you but not cheaper. Some parts are still good and functionnal after 4 years(CD player, network adapter, some smaller device) so no, you'll save more by upgrading.

The box is not important as there has been a standardization(sp?) of what can go in there. Pieces are built so it can fit the average box. So no, boxes don't need to change, parts will normally fit just as well.

However, some new generation motherboards are also made for a specific type of box. Those need a change but I don't think we will see any major upgrade from that part.

When you have a box of 1996 or something like that you have some parts which doesn't fits with current parts.

Dude that's almost 10 years ago...

I don't know what you mean by "part" that fits. Perhaps you're referring to the motherboard or something because I know it fits in.

My old 1998 box can fit today's parts without problems. A vertical tower should make everything fit in nicely.

I don't know how it is called in English but there are some parts that doesn't fit, how often must I repeat it?;)

Which part?

I can read clearly, thanks.

You're talking about vertical towers right? You do know what I'm talking about? If yes, then you'd know that any part "fits".

Why? Motherboards have been the same for them for quite a while so the boxes they made 8 years ago are still useable.

I think you simply don't know what you're talking about.

Archived