Home

*Official* PC Demo Thread *demo spoilers/pic heavy*

Kurgan

What did you think of the single player demo?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the single player demo?

• Awesome! Can't wait for the full game!
    • Good, but it could use some improvement.
    • Not what I was expecting....
    • The Xbox demo was better
    • This has convinced me not to get the game after all

Well, the pc demo for Star Wars: Republic Commando has been floating around for awhile (apparently since as early as Jan 25th when the german Gamestar DVD magazine featured it on their pack-in disc) but now it's available on mainstream sites, so the floodgates are open (expanded from this old thread)

This single player demo weighs in at a hefty 421.14 mb installer file, and seems to be completable in about 15 minutes (more if you mess around). Yes, it is different from the Xbox version! It features a mission involving some wookiees and some trandoshans and some other stuff. ; )

Post your reviews, download links (working only please, nothing illegal), cool screenshots, questions, secrets, or other fun stuff.

To get you started, here are some cheats that seem to work:

` to bring down the console then type:

behindview 1 (for third person view, change to 0 to turn off)

fly (float around! type walk to go turn off)

ghost Same as above, but you can clip through walls too. Type walk to return to normal.

allweapons or loaded (cheat gives you all weapons, and since you can only hold one "non Republic" weapon, the rest will dump at your feet)*

*Bear in mind that the Demo is missing some weapons from the full version (see the official site over at LucasArts.com for details on these missing weapons that you can't use)

There may be other cheats (they seem to be similar to the various Unreal/UT cheats out there, so good luck)

Please do not post any full version spoilers, but if you can't control yourself, use the SPOILER tags, or simply don't post them here, PERIOD.

Download links:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

played through the demo thrice last night, and am very excited about the retail release. this is just enough gameplay to pique my interest and make me want more ... talk about a teaser. the gameplay is smooth, the ability to command your squad-mates is almost second-nature, the multiple options/tactics available to the player will only increase the game's re-playability, the voice acting is awesome (fixer's a freakin riot, scorch scares the beejeezus outta me), and the music is top-notch. BUT there did seem to be some crappy clipping issues, such as scorch's gun going INTO a wall:

clipping3zy.jpg

... and i believe i even saw a wookiee walk thru one of the commandos at one point. *shrugs*

as for rockin images, i have a few ...

GOTTA LOVE FIXER'S COMMENTS - too bad sev's incapacitated :p

fixer0rw.jpg

VISUAL INTERFERENCE

scavenger6uk.jpg

---------------

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

http://www.gamershell.com is a good place for anyone who doesn't want to sign up for an account. i'm getting 160 kb/s right now.

demo and episode III spoiler

anybody else really mad at how lucasarts teases you at the end and shows you grevious and then suddenly goes to the demo end screen. i was getting all happy about wooping grevious's guards butts, only to be dissappointed.

For some reason, my squad mates dont appreciate when I strategically kill them. We're in a safe place, and one of them is low on health. Naturally, I kill and revive him, but rather than thank me, they gets mad. Don't they realize I am killing them to increase their chances of not dying?

ReCom3.JPG

ReCom4.JPG

ReCom9.JPG

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

For some reason, my squad mates dont appreciate when I strategically kill them.

Fixed. :xp:

I blew myself up with the concussion rifle and the mean guy said I'm more of a danger to myself. That's your squad leader you're talking about buddeh. :/

Whatever you do don't use behindview 1, it's uuugly. Obviously they'll have to do something with that for MP, but for now, it's pretty crappy looking. ; p

Then again, none of the Unreal games were really very playable in 3rd person (camera is too low, no crosshair), not like the JK series. Still, it would be nice...

In regards to taking screenshots you can bind a key to them in the console. I use F12 for taking shots.

It saves them in /Gamedata/System/ as a bmp file if I'm not mistaken, just like UT (obviously). ; )

Originally posted by Winduwt105

One question how take the screenies? I know it says Print Screen but i can't find them.

i think i had F12 set up to take screenshots. it saves them as BMP files in the system file (i think) inside the republic commando directory somewhere.

Archived