Home

Dismemberment Without Death?

thesubconscious

Is there anyone who could make a mini-mod that allowed the dismemberment of limbs without death (as seen in Empire Strikes Back, Return of the jedi, Attack of the clones)

Is it that hard to make such a mini-mod? or is there a hard code that forces the player to die when one of their limbs is removed.

The Game "Rune" shows how well this works out in gameplay.

Of course! Thats why its so cool! just like the movies! (you have to run around with no arm or hobble on one leg) Vader gets his hand cut off but still has force powers... same with luke... and maw from Jedi Knight(no legs at all)... It's a cool idea I just don't know how hard it would be to implement into a mod, or maybe just by editing server commands or what have you...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for the input "I didnt know that one would have to change animations"... I was saying someone with coding experience actually could just code that one does not have to die when they get chopped up (multiplayer style not singleplayer style) . and actually, I didnt ask whether one would or would not have to change animations, obviously. I'm saying it would be a great mini-mod (and it would be MINI without changing the animations) if a coder changed it to where one could continue with one leg or one arm, to clarify. It would be great right off. here comes ole one arm, disarmed but still utilizing force powers...(no anim changes):dtrooper:

• 2 months later...

I'm not a coder yet, so I wouldnt be able to make dismemberment without death work just yet. Though, I'm sure that any of the coders that have just now joined the OJP project could easily do this. (not that it would be majorly easy mind you, but they could do it) I would really love for this to be put into OJP.

• 3 months later...

Archived