Home

Do you really think Empire at War will be released this year?

Revan Solo

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Without going off topic or anything (God forbid I should be the last one doing it :p ) but is RC out already or?

Just sounded like it the way you are talking about it.

Nope, it is released March 5th this year! In the past they said that it will be released in Octobre 2004.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Empire At War is in for a Fall (Q4 - Quarter 4) release. Galactic battlegrounds was released in November - on time when it was announced in the February of that year.

EaW is looking good at this early stage and I believe they have been working on this engine and Lucasarts for some time - almost 2 years on this.

I interviewed SWGB Game Director - Garry Gaber who used to post on our forums and he mentioned that he was working on a 'related project' to SWGB and it wasn't an expansion. Now we have EaW. Sadly, Garry has left Lucasarts - looking after his baby and family (wish them all well) but with the history in mind, a Q4 release does look extremely likely

DMUK

October 24, 2003 - Petroglyph signs devlopment deal!

All of us here at Petroglyph are excited to announce that we have signed a deal for a AAA title with a leading software entertainment publisher!

For strategic and contractual reasons, we are not allowed to give any details about the nature or publisher we're working with, but we can say that we couldn't have asked for a better license, project, or publisher.

Prospective employees wishing to learn more about signing up with Petroglyph are encouraged to contact us.

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/archivednews.html

Republic Commando was held back on purpose they set the release date way to close to Battlefront and noone wanted to buy it because it had not had enough publicity. I bet the game was finished last year on time just not put on selves to get the most profit by holding back till 2005.

Same thing will happen with E@W i think since AOE3 is coming this fall also they will wait until the heat of that game has cooled then I'd exspect a early 2006 release.

Republic Commando will be released around Episode 3 to tie in with it. Even more so because its the closest to an Episode 3 based game being released on PC. The official Ep3 game is on ps2 and xbox only.

I suspect AOE3 is more likely to be delayed and I have no problem with that as I have no interest in it at all.

I also think that EaW will be released around October 20th.

Why?

Thats when the Ep1 and 2 DVDs were released, so it makes sense to release this game at the same time, just like Battlefront was released with the OT DVDs.

Archived