Home

42?

jon_hill987

I'm really trying to reserve judgement until I see it.

I've read the story hundreds of times at this point, and I always have an uneasy feeling when Hollywood gets involved with literature.

However, Douglas Adams always wanted HHGG to be a major motion picture, and was very involved with the pre-production aspects right up until his death.

But I already know now that I'm bound to be disappointed and find fault in it no matter how good, since I know the story so well.

If they keep the spirit of the BBC TV mini-series, but with much better production values they'll be doing pretty well.

*Crosses Fingers and hopes for the best*

so far the previews have had mixed reviews. Aparently most of it is pretty good, but the effects (so far) are a bit ropey in places and Mos Def has been getting fairly bad reviews on aint-it-cool, but then again he has also gotten a few good ones...

I do agree that they should try creating a few NEW franchises ocasionally, but there are some franchises that are so big (LOTR, hitchhickers, etc..) that they are entitiled to at least TRY and make films of them.

I admit it could be good, as LotR was, but far too many films these days are a re-make of this or an adaption of that. are there no good writers anymore?

Originally posted by IG-64

I've never read it, don't even know what it's about.

basicly the earth is destroyed to make way for a galactic road.

I've got a good feeling about this film :) Liked the books, but for some reason liked the TV series more. Unusual I know :confused:

Originally posted by edlib

If they keep the spirit of the BBC TV mini-series, but with much better production values they'll be doing pretty well.

Oi!! I'll have you know that here in the UK, 6 episodes is a series! Not a mini-one!! :xp:

;)B.

Originally posted by •-BLaCKouT-•

Oi!! I'll have you know that here in the UK, 6 episodes is a series! Not a mini-one!! :xp:

;) B.

Hmmm... I guess I should really know that by now... I own all the Fawlty Towers and Blackadder stuff on video. A lot of the Python stuff too.

But when it (HHGG) plays here it's called a "Mini-Series"... so there you go.

I have it on video, too.

the bbc radio play (that i think the tv series was based on) is well worth picking up as well... or downloading.

I think the BBC web site even sells CDs in mp3 format.

basicly the earth is destroyed to make way for a galactic road.

Well, the plans had been on display in the local galactic planning office for at least 6 galactic months, so you had plenty of time to register an appeal!

Martin Freeman rocks, i just hope the rest of it is as good as it could be.

I know there's a whole bunch of character names listed that I don't recognize at all.

And Douglas Adams said that this version contradicts all the previous versions in a couple of ways (no specifics given though.)

Should be interesting at the very least...

Archived