Home

A-Z of Modeling a new Lightsaber

T7nowhere

Checking node w_Lghtsbr_003

Checking node ignore_NGon02

Checking node Dummy10

Checking node NGon01

###### Vertices in NGon01 need to be welded

I have tried every way I know to weld it, and still get this with every model i try to put in. I've followed T7's tut to the T, but it has no mention of welding or the error in question, if anyone could help i would be greatful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: UbErNoOb question removed.............downloading tuts.......

@T7 thanks so much for this tut, and the screenies included, its been nice to check what I'm doing against the screenies. I have a ways to go before I'm able to do this tut but I'm learning so much! Thanks again.

You deserve bazillions of thanks plus a coffee cup for your nicest tutorial that I have followed and especially thanks for the help you offer to modelling beginners, such as myself

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xx9hd.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yy5tx.jpg

Agreed.

T7 has done his fair share of reducing alot of my headaches as well :D

BTW, great looking saber you got there oldflash! Are you posting it to "tease" us... ;) or do you think you might be releasing it in the future? .. hehehe..

You deserve bazillions of thanks plus a coffee cup for your nicest tutorial that I have followed and especially thanks for the help you offer to modelling beginners, such as myself

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xx9hd.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yy5tx.jpg

Your welcome, I'm really glad my tutorial helped someone :D

btw, that hilt looks great. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

if it wouldn't be to much to ask, i'd liek to see you continue with some explanations for your pictures labeled 1-13 I know that is a bit to ask, but some things i see you do in those pictures i dont' quite understand... pluse t, i've been meaning to ask yout this... who or what is that in your avatar?!

• 3 weeks later...

I was doing pretty good until this part: 'You can adjust the height of the first extrude by selecting the top poly and then using the Select and Move tool'

Thats when I got confused. Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I couldn't find the top poly. The poly's that I clicked all made them go in and out.

I managed to build one, thanx T7 :) I ended up scratching it < right after finally finishing it >because it had a huge poly count <= major mapping pain grrh>. After starting a simpler version of my original model, I've encountered a problem with the extrude function. Im trying to do a .5cm extrude on all of the selected faces, but when I type .5 in the box and <hit> enter it moves the entire element(?) off to the side.

Like this

Why is it doing this? Is there something I can do to return the function to normal? *note in the image the extrude button is highlighted. my problem occured before and during this "extrude button activation/highlighting". Iv'e tried restarting nwnmax and remaking the model a few times, it always wigs out right at this point. :headbump

I didnt have this problem building my first model........ please help.

F

EDIT: I forgot to include my image....drrrr

EDIT AGAIN: also i've trired doing it with the editmesh stack open <and the poly section highlighted>, with the stack closed, nothing works arrgh

@ Achilles does this answer your question?

Im trying to do a .5cm extrude on all of the selected faces, but when I type .5 in the box and <hit> enter it moves the entire element(?) off to the side.

Why is it doing this? Is there something I can do to return the function to normal? *note in the image the extrude button is highlighted.

If you select all the polys around the ngon it will do that, what you have to do is select half of the polys around so that none of the sides are touching, extrude, then deselect and do the same to the other half of polys.

Archived