Home

Loading Custom Maps

TOCCHET

anyone having problems getting these maps to load and run in the game, the only ones i can download are jabba and rancor lair all the others are f*cked!? been trying to load them for 2 g*ddamn days,even my wife took a crack at it and shes a wiz at fixing computer issues,she tried everything with no luck with the punisher coming out for the pc battlefront maybe put on the back burner. loading maps is such a pain in the ass. with my luck the punisher will have custom maps too.

• 2 weeks later...

i guess no one else is having problems with loading maps,so can any of you wizz kids give me a hand on loading custom maps, like a step by step post on how to install or download them. i've gone back to playing counter strike simply because map down loading is so easy with the map installer,but i would love to play battlefront but i won't until i figure out this map issue any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

p.s. sorry about the last post i was quite frustrated after 2 days of no luck.

Yeah...I raised the bullsh1t flag on this also with little to no helpful responces.

What I did was I loaded the game clean and then the patches.

Then I went to Multiply Player and looked at what maps it said I was missing.

Then I went are redownloaded each custom map that I was missing.

Put them in the Addon Folder on the C Drive.

Then went back to Multiply Player and low and behold it says hey...you have the freakin map.

So I select a server and it either lets me in and I can play or it gives me a message such as..."You can not enter, you do not have the map being played."

Now this is pretty much a 50/50 shot so something needs fixed...

My suggestion is a freakin AUTO DOWNLOAD like Call of Duty that way the Server Runs the show and you don't waist hours loading maps just to get some bullcrap responce from a server that you dont' have a map you just downloaded.

This also happens on Custom Maps that only have 1 version not multi-versions so that excuse is out to.

Originally posted by Darth Derkie

Maybe you do not have the right version of a custom map?

It happens even if the only custom maps I use in the Addon folder are a Single version.

It's really wierd...

That's why I wish it would have auto download.

Luckily the Republic Commando game has Team Death Match, Death Match and Capture the Flag so it probably is more Multiplayer friendly then this game.

• 4 weeks later...

hey I just wanted to ask if you could help me, cause I believe it relates to this topic. I tried to follow the step by step manual (and also the one they put in the mappack) but in my GameData folder there is no AddOn folder, nor anywhere else in the SW:Battlefront folder. I tried to add one in, but this caused a buffer overflow error. is it possible that the folder is added with a patch? I´ve got version 1.0, cause it would take me ages to dowbload the patches. I am downloading 1.2 at the moment and hope it to be finished in a few days but could you guys please help me?

Archived