Home

Am I the only one who finds it wrong that they sound differently?

SirPantsAlot

Ok; since they're discribed as "perfect" genetic creations that means that they can pretty much do anything they want during the creation period, and since there are four commando's you really need to be able to tell them apart. Yes they may have the pretty colored armor but say if your in the middle of a fire fight and one of your teammates tells you to cover his back; theres gonna be a problem because they all have the same voice! so once you find out who it is he could be dead. So give em different voices to tell em apart! And about the Jango Fett voice they could have just let him have it. An why let something so small bug you? If they sounded the same people would be angry because you couldn't tell them apart!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would assume the accents would come from the people they were trained under.

For instance, say Aussie's were the best explosives experts, then clones that were designated to be explosives experts would be trained by Aussies and probably have their accent. Or Texans were the best snpers, then clones would be trained by a group of Texans and have that accent...or Brooklyn, etc. :p

The Clone Wars interest me a great deal, and thus id love to find out more about the training process. The limited introductory sequences in RC had me drooling for more. It would be great to get some hard info on Jango's trusted lieutenants who were tasked with training handpicked clones. Im sure one of his allies hailed from Concord Dawn (seeing as it's a planet, there would be many more humans with that accent, much the same as there are New Zealanders IRL), so it doesnt seem like a bizarre coincidence there.

So far im up to the Assault Ship and am enjoying this game immensely!

On the Republic Commando website it says that the Commandos assilimated the characteristics of their training sergeants, including accents while others (like 38) kept Jango's. If you notice, Scorch, Sev & Fixer have similar accents, Presumably from their sergeant, Walon Vau.

No not all the charectaristics came from the trainer Walon Vau. Jango Fett and Walon Vau encouraged the commandos to take on personallities to differentiate themselfs and become more like brothers. You can find all this stuff on the official site...They found personalities in some clones and called it the "H factor".

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Just because they're kept on Kamino doesn't mean they don't have them in different enviroments. An enviroment is just the surroundings that create your habitat. They could have particular clones that are created for certain jobs kept in different style enviroments within the lab.

ACTUALLY, they would remain in the same environment. They are pod brothers of a commando unit. They would be in CONSTANT contact with one another except when they were in training and something like 3/100 are defective so The would have the same accents, same voice, same face. The only person that they might develope an accent after is their trainer, IE: Kal Siratta. They SHOULD have made all the voices Jango types but had the actor give different gravities, personalities, and inflexions to each........But oh well.......Carth Onasi seems to make a fine RC-62......

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Phreak sums up the clones perfectly.

*quoted for emphasis*

Nope. Not perfectly. The normal clones are least independant. The Commandos more so and the ARCs have NO tapering with docility. But not all clones are loyal. So many out of every batch 3.5/100 clones are in some way defective according to the Star Wars Insider, Issue 80). Alpha 02, AKA Spar, led Mandalorian Super Commandos in the name of Sidious after he went "defective.":fett:

Mandalorian Super Commandos? I find this incredibly interesting! Could this 'defect' simply be a sense of rationality and a realisation by Alpha 02 that he was initially fighting for a decadent governing body?

I wonder how this defection would have affected Battle Droid reasoning.. differentiating between friend and foe; seeing as the Seperatist clones would be seen as the enemy with or without armour.. ?

I mean, Dooku's preachings were so widely accepted because he was telling the truth. The Republic was infact corrupted. The Seperatist systems were in actuality, trying to fight back against a degenerating system they broke away from. These groups were the true threat to Sidious' totalitarian regime as he already controlled this failing Republic and it was only the rogue systems that would oppose his total rule of the galaxy. Ive gotta hand it to Palpy.. his plan was perfect.

All the commandos were trained by the same guy, but they don't develop the same accent. They might have either got a mix of Jango's and the sergants. 38 "Boss" might not have developed an accent at all from the sergent. Sev was probabley' as presumed by other commandos, spiked. Fixer sounds more like Jango, but not completely. And Scorch, is probably the most like Walon Vau.

Originally posted by The Spartan

But not all clones are loyal. So many out of every batch 3.5/100 clones are in some way defective according to the Star Wars Insider, Issue 80). Alpha 02, AKA Spar, led Mandalorian Super Commandos in the name of Sidious after he went "defective.":fett:

Yes, and they correct them very quickly. Alpha 02 is the only clone I know of that abandoned the Republic, and like Sith said, it was merely for storyline.

Luke: There are more than 4 commandos in the galaxy. Different batches of commandos had different trainers. So no, not all commandos are trained by the same person.

By the way, the new issue of the insider (80) is where I learned of Alpha 02, so all you Mandalorian freaks like me out there, there is a wonderfully done article on the galaxy's finest warrior. I recommend this issue for all our Fett and Ordo fans out there!

think of the clones as a couple million "twins"

they may all be the "same", but i think even in the star wars univierse, no two beings can be EXACTLY the same, cause cloning only copies the genes, not the actual person themselves

twins in real life may have the same looks or interests, but there may be smaller, not really noticable differences, such as a difference in voice pitch or a slight difference in eye color, so really, all the clones prolly have some sort of difference in things such as voice and stuff i would assume

ok, were talking clones. Exact genetic duplicates. Everything would be the exact same EXCEPT for voice, and thought process.

Lets look at it this way. If someone was to clone hitler (remember this is just an example) The clone would not turn out the same as the original. The clone would have to go through everything the original did along with making the exact same decisions the original did.

Look at it like this

Original

|

Decision 1------Decision 2----- Decision 1

| ----------------------------------|

| ------------------------------Decision 2 ------ Clone

Decision 1----Decision 2

|

Original

During life the original was faced with 2 major decisions to make, life altering type things. Based off his two decisions he ended up the way he was.

An exact genetic clone of the original is made it makes the opposite decisions the original does as such its only a clone of the original in looks.

Voice is sort of the same way. I know a few sets of twins when we were kids they all sounded the same but as they grew their voices did not stay the same they changed to set the two apart.

Its possible to make the asumption that the clones don't sound alike due to how their vocal chords developed. If they hear something, an accent or a saying that is uncommon to them they may adopt it to set themselves apart(prime example of only being a genetic clone and not an exact dupilicate of the original)

Most of it would be subliminal and the decisions to pickup on a slight accent or phrase would be done without the clone even realizing they had done it.

If two clones in the same group that underwent the same training came out different in personalities how would you explain that? their clones right, their suppose to be the same.... but say one was disiplined for doing something wrong or improperly. That clone could develope resent and harbour agressive thoughts thus altering his personality. An exact duplicate of the original but only in looks.

This is a huge freakin arugment and could go on forever so I'll just stop here.

Originally posted by Vitani

think of the clones as a couple million "twins"

they may all be the "same", but i think even in the star wars univierse, no two beings can be EXACTLY the same, cause cloning only copies the genes, not the actual person themselves

twins in real life may have the same looks or interests, but there may be smaller, not really noticable differences, such as a difference in voice pitch or a slight difference in eye color, so really, all the clones prolly have some sort of difference in things such as voice and stuff i would assume

That's true. Even identical twins are not "The same Person" even though this is commonly forgotten in sci fi.

Even conjoined ("siamese") twins are not the same person, even if they share use of a certain body part or body parts.

A clone is no more "you" than a twin IS his or her twin.

Of course Luke and Leia are fraternal twins (not identical).

Accents aren't genetic, as we can all agree, so it must be intentional on the part of the clone (practice) or due to environment.

Well done Oidar and Vitani. You've captured it perfectly!

Its just a little sad that Lucas didnt show how Kamino's little military infrastructure worked in more detail through any kinds of medium. With the Clone Wars drawing to a close (i love the fact how it's all 'occuring' in real time relevant between Episodes II and III!), we may never know the full details....

Archived