Home

Cell Processor : Unveiled!

Acrylic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sony seems to be defintely going for teh jugular in terms of evolving the PS from a mere gaming console to a multifunction unit..... and yes, as mentioned by many posters above, the key factorz arent roXXorz speeds and geekdroolworthy specs, but COST. If its too pricey, mum n dad wont get a ps3 for their kiddies for X-mas, etc.... which you have to admit is a *huge* chunk of the sales pie. If it just relied on us gamin mad fools to throw our hard earned $$$ at it, sony wouldnt be making the crazy profits it does on gaming/consoles...

I also agree with edlib, in an adrenaline rush of one-upmanship, the Mac will probably reach the 4ghz finish line first... its value to the 'average gamer' = zero :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by InsaneSith

They already have memory systems, what they lack is a versatile OS.

Get PS2 linux on your ps2, boom you have a PC.

No thanks... I'd actually like to play the games :lol:

They haven't even stuck with a design for their console yet, so how the **** are we supposed to know that they won't change the processing power?

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!!!!

:indif:

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

They could pull a M$ and disable online play for modified boxes...which is what I think he meant.

No I meant that if I even had the desire to buy the HD for my PS2, I wouldn't suffer a fatal system crash, just to put linux on it.

The HD seems like a waste of money anyway, since I have things that do what it would be able to do, 10 times over...

Besides, I don't think it to be necessary to mod any game console, unless it betters the gaming experience :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ZBomber

ZBomber with the assist? Maybe? :(

I wonder if Playstation will stick with the name PS3. After awhile, it might become like those damned "Now #" CD's! :eek:

They better stay with the numbers, at least for the PS3, then after that, it might be smart to change it, but stay with PS3 for now.

Originally posted by Acrylic

They better stay with the numbers, at least for the PS3, then after that, it might be smart to change it, but stay with PS3 for now.

Yeah...because unoriginality is awesome!

Come on, call it the Sony Dominatrix or something...I want newdammit!

I hope Microsoft doesn't call it the Xbox 2. That is weak sauce.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Yeah...because unoriginality is awesome!

Damn Straight.

Plus, I can't think of anything good taht would fit.

Playstation cubed?

Playstation tres/drei/some other language

I DONT KNOW!!! BAH.

I think it's already called Playstation tres in spanish speaking countries and Playstation drei in Germany >_>

I dunno what kind of name they could have. Maybe the PSMC, PlayStation Multimedia Center. That's a bit long and doesn't have any umph though...oh what do I care, call Sony's marketing department!

Archived