Home

Looking for a modder

MDN14

well, I wll list alot of the stuff, but I am keeping a few things for whoever does this. Because I dont want any others mods taking the idea first and using it in their mods. I dont really care if they use it and improve on what I had planned after I get this mod done, but I want to have this mod be the first to use my idea. Anyway, mostly what I wanted was an admin mod that lets me edit all the parameters for guns (xmod just lets me do damages and velocities) while still having the setup of the xmod admin system, and being ale to edit saber damages. I have alot more I want to do, mainly with saber things, but I dont want to post that stuff yet. I already havea 19 page document typed up on exactly what I want and alot of the animation files and stuff I would like for use in emotes, what I want the cvars to be called etc. I alreayd have the entire mod planned ou and know exactly what I want, I just simply dont have the skills to make this myself :/ If you would like me to, the I guess I could send you the file about the mod Razor

EDIT: Also, I will be willing to pay $20 for every new version after V1 that I want made.

I will post it in 2 sections because it wont let me post it in one (its over 45000 characters long)

JEDI ACADEMY - REBIRTH

ADMIN:

freeze (client # or partial player name) - makes the specified player unable to move and plays the chovampire animation. Issue again to make a player able to move again

mute (client # or partial player name) - makes the specified player unable to talk in normal and team chat. Issue again to make a player able to talk again

kill (client # or partial player name) - kills the specified player

slap (client # or partial player name) - slaps the specified player for 2 damage and knock them upwards at 100 velocity

trip (client # or partial player name) - makes the specified player fall down

kick (client # or partial player name) - kicks the specified player from the server

ban (name or IP) - bans the specified player from the server. I want to be able to ban players by names and IPs

map (path to map) - changes the map. g_autoMapCycle must be set to 1 in order for this command to work

csay (message) - displays a message on the center of the screen for 2 seconds (plus 3 second fade time)

bsay (bot) (message) - makes a bot that is on the server say a certain message

ssay - (message) - displays a message on the side of the screen and makes it look like the server is saying it (like /rcon svsay)

addTele (location name) - adds a teleport location to the teleport list (teleport locations are stored per-map and are stored in an external .loc file in the same folder as the map is in (example: maps/mp)

remTele (location name or number) - removes a location from the teleport list

listTele - lists all the teleport locations for the map you are on

Tele (location name or number) - teleports you to a location

cTele (client # or partial player name) - teleports you to the specified players location

give (item name, or weapon name) (client # or partial player name) - gives the specified player whatever item or weapon was specified

take (item name, or weapon name) (client # or partial player name) - takes the specified item or weapon from the specified player

vampire (client # or partial player name) – alot more on this later

addStyle (name of new lightsaber style) (single, dual, or staff) (style color) (standing animation) (kata attack number) (dfa attack number) (backstab attack number) (forward attack number) (forward-left attack number) (left attack number) (left-back attack number) (back attack number) (back-right attack number) (right attack number) (right-forward attack number) (choose style skill levels) - much more on this command later. Don’t write this off as impossible just yet ;)

vstr (command name) - executed the specified variable string (vstr) command (such as from the rotation.cfg file that most servers use)

rcon (command) - allows admin to access all the rcon commands

Bit Values:

freeze - 1

mute - 2

kill - 4

slap - 8

trip - 16

kick - 32

ban - 64

map - 128

csay - 256

bsay - 512

ssay - 1024

addTele - 2048

remTele - 4096

listTele - 8192

Tele - 16384

cTele - 32768

give - 65536

take - 131072

vampire - 262144

addStyle - 524288

vstr - 1048576

rcon - 2097152

RCON ADMIN COMMANDS:

r_addAdmin (name) (password) (bit value) (asterisk color number) - adds an admin to the admin file (more on that later)

r_remAdmin (name) - removes admin from the admin file

r_addProf (word) - adds a profanity to the profanity.lst file (more on that later)

r_remProf (word) - removes a profanity from the profanity.lst file

r_listProf - lists all the profanities in the console

r_whether (whether effect) – changes the whether in the server. Can only be seen with the client plug-in for this mod

PLAYER COMMANDS:

login (password) - player must have the same name as one of the entries in the admin file and the correct password for that entry to log into admin

logout - logs the player out of admin

bind - sets your locations as your teleport point (issue again in a new area to override this location)

warp - teleports you to your binded location

saber1 (saber name) - changes your saber to a new one. Set to "none" to use melee

saber2 (saber name) - changes your second hand saber to a new one. Set to "none" for no second saber

play (path to sound file) - plays .mp3 file at player location. Must be a none channel file and it must be under a file size of 100 kilobytes (to prevent players from simply playing music files). The .mp3 files must be on the server computer in order to play it. If all players do not have a certain sound file, those who do not have it do not hear anything

style (number or name) - sets your lightsaber attack style to the default by setting this as 0. If the player sets this as another number that corresponds with a custom lightsaber style, then it allows the player to use that custom lightsaber style for their saber. The lightsaber style must be made for the saber they are using though, so custom single styles cannot be used with dual or staff sabers and vice versa (more on custom lightsaber styles later on)

listStyle - lists all the custom styles in the console

jetpack - use once to enable, again to disable. Works the same as the JA+ jetpack

+button12 - this is the command for the grapple hook. Works the same as in JA+

lunge - this command is actually an attack move. If you hit an enemy player with this then it knocks them to the ground. When doing this you move forward at a velocity of 350 for a total movement of 200 units. This should use the BOTH_GETUP_FROOL_F animation.

emote (emote to use) - this plays emotes in the server. A bit more on this later.

ADMIN FILE:

When an admin is logged in, it should give that player an asterisk (*) before that players name in chat. The color of his asterisk varies depending on what number is specified in the admins file.

When someone does the command "r_addAdmin" it adds an entry to the admins.lst file.

The admins.lst file is an external file, and should be stored in the Rebirth mod folder on the server host computer.

This admins.lst file holds all the information for the admins on the server.

In the admins.lst file, it lists all the admins that are for that server. They are listed like this:

(name)-(password)-(bit value)-(asterisk color number)

The (name) part is what the players name is who has the admin

The (password) part if what the password is for that player to log in

The (bit value) part is what the bit value is for the different commands that player is allowed to use

The (asterisk color number) part is a number, 0-9, that affects the color of the asterisk before the players name in chat

each section is separated by - This allows for there to be spaces in the player names and password if they want. There should not be a space before and after the - when separating the different sections

VAMPIRE ADMIN COMMAND:

Well this is an interesting and fun command. With this command, you make a person into a vampire. The player who has been vampired should have a constant dark enlightenment aura around him/her.

The player who has been vampired also cannot use any force except force jump, cannot use any guns or lightsabers and is restricted to melee only. He/she is also not affected by ANY force powers.

If the vampired person is on a team then even team powers such as team hal and team energize do not affect him/her. But the player who has been vampired does move 75% faster always (until he/she is un-vampired)

When someone is vampired, as I said before they are restricted to melee. But when they hit someone with melee, then they receive 50% of the damage they do, back as health.

The default melee damage of base JA is 10 I believe, so they would receive 5 health back for every hit on an enemy. The default with this mod should be set to 35. (whatever r_meleeDmg is set to)

So that would mean at 35 damage per hit the vampire would receive 17 health back per hit on an enemy For the vampire, the melee gets a kata attack as well :D It should be the "sith kiss" attack.

When an enemy player is close to the vampire, and the vampire does the "sith kiss" kata, then the enemy player cannot move and it plays the sith kiss animation with the vampire and the player

(you know, the one that the reborn_twins use in the single player, where they grab you and put their hand on your head) When the vampire moves or uses crouch or jump, then the animation stops.

Otherwise the animation lasts 7 seconds. While the animation is playing, the enemy player loses health at a constant rate of 10 HP per second, and the vampired player receives health at a rate of 10 HP per second.

EMOTES:

I want to have a few emotes in this mod that the player can use. They are all done by doing: /emote (emote to use)

Here is a list of what I want all the emotes to be and the animations for them all:

Victory:

BOTH_SABERKILLER1

Rage:

BOTH_FORCE_RAGE

sit1:

BOTH_SIT4

Sit2:

BOTH_SIT6

Lean:

BOTH_STAND10

Pain:

BOTH_SONICPAIN_HOLD

Master:

BOTH_ROSH_PAIN

Falling:

BOTH_PULLED_INAIR_F

FallingBack:

BOTH_PULLED_INAIR_B

Trip:

BOTH_KNOCKDOWN3

Backflip:

BOTH_KNCOKDOWN5

Hug:

BOTH_HUGGER1 to BOTH_HUGGERSTOP1 (note: you must be near a person to do this and on that other person it plays the animations: BOTH_HUGEE1 to BOTH_HUGGESTOP1)

Stop:

TORSO_HANDSIGNAL1

Forward:

TORSO_HANDSIGNAL3

SpreadOut:

TORSO_HANDSIGNAL4

Surrender:

TORSO_SURRENDER_START

PROFANITY FILTER:

The profanity filter should have a file called profanity.lst in the Rebirth mod directory. In this file are all the profanities that are not allowed on the server as they are added

by an admin with the “r_addProf” command. A profanity can be removed from this file by using the “r_remProf” command. I want certain words, such as class, password, passed hello, etc

to be allowed, I don’t know if it would be easier to set those words in the coding as allowed, all the time, or if it would be easier to have the profanity filter be whole word based only.

But it was whole word based then the admins would have to add a lot of extra entries. I want it so that if a profanity is detected in what a player is saying, what that player had said does not appear to everyone else,

and it displays a center screen message to the player who said it that a profanity was detected and so it was not displayed. I would also like a counter to be displayed in that center screen message saying

after ## more profanities have been detected, that player will be auto-muted. Here are a few cvars I would like to have for changing the settings with the profanity filter:

r_profanityMuteTime “120” – makes the player who has been auto-muted not able to talk for 120 seconds (2 minutes). After that time has passed, the player will be able to talk again. Set to -1 for indefinite time

r_profanityCounter “4” – this means that on the 4th offence the player will be auto-muted for saying too many profanities

r_profanityFilter “1” – set to 1 to enable the profanity filter, set to 0 to disable. 1 is default. Even if set to 1, the admins must set the profanities using the “r_addProf” admin command.

MOTD CVARS:

r_motd (message) - message to display to players when they first join the server

r_motdTime "4" - the number of seconds for the motd to be displayed (plus 3 second fade time)

r_serverMsg1 (message) - message to have the server say periodically. Set to "none" to say nothing

r_serverMsg2 (message) - message to have the server say periodically. Set to "none" to say nothing

r_serverMsg3 (message) - message to have the server say periodically. Set to "none" to say nothing

r_sMsgTime "420" - number of seconds in between the server messages. One server message plays every "r_sMsgTime"number of seconds. They play in order (1, 2, then 3)

MISC CVARS:

r_gripFix "1" - set to 1 to make the sabers stay on while a player is being force gripped

r_forceStack "0" - set to 1 to make force powers able to stack, 0 to make them not able to. (such as speed and rage)

r_lightningSpam "0" - set to 0 to make players wait 5 seconds in between uses of force lightning. Set to 1 to allow players to use lightning as often as they want

r_drainSpam "0" - set to 0 to make players wait 5 seconds in between uses of force drain. Set to 1 to allow players to use drain as often as they want

r_force "150" - sets the maximum force players can have in the server. This must be set between 0 and 150. IF it is set higher than 150 it simply uses 150 as the max, and if it is set lower than 0 then it sets 0 as the max

r_waterRun "1" - set to 1 to be able to "jump" across water (more on this later)

r_allowWarp "1" - set to 1 to allow the use of bind and warp commands

r_allow_taunt "1" - set to 1 to allow the use of: bow, taunt, meditate, flourish, and gloat at any time

r_adminPrevent "1" - set to 1 to disallow the use of admin commands on other admins who have higher bit values than the one using the command

r_mapChange "1" - set to 1 to make the map change after the timelimit is hit if only bots are on the server

r_removePowerUps "1" - set to 1 to remove force boon, force enlightenment (dark and light), and bacta from the server

r_headDmg "1" - set to 1 to make headshots do 2x the normal damage

r_saberTime "10" - sets the time (in seconds) in between uses of the saber1 and saber2 commands

r_playTime "10" - sets the time (in seconds) in between uses of the play command (so players cant spam sound files)

r_styleTime "30" sets the time (in seconds) in between uses of the style command

r_private_duels "5" - sets the amount of private duels allowed to go on at once to "5" (so 10 people can duel at once)

HTTP/WEB DOWNLOAD REDIRECTION:

I want to have an http/download redirection system set up for this mod. The download redirection will have to be client side, so this will be in the client plug-in.

I want there to be a cvar that you set a url for, and it checks that web url for a downloads.lst file. In this downloads.lst file, are different sections.

Here is what I want it to look like in the file:

Example Downloads.lst file:

<mods>

combat evolution.pk3

<end>

<sabers>

ultimate hilts 10.pk3

revan dark pack.pk3

<end>

<maps>

Taspir-FragEdition V2.pk3

Nightsister Burial Tomb.pk3

<end>

<skins>

Phazon Samus.pk3

Predator.pk3

<end>

In that file you will see the different sections. The server sends a query to the client and it checks which files the client has that are listed in the downloads.lst file.

The server then checks which files are currently in use (such as a map). If a necessary file is found that the client doesn’t have,

then the client begins to download that file that is required but he/she doesn’t have from the location that the .pk3 file is at on a web site as listed in the cvar for the download redirection in the server.cfg file.

The client NEVER should download skins or mod files unless the server is a pure server. Otherwise, it should just check for sabers and maps that are on the server.

The client should not download all the files listed under maps and sabers that he/she does not have. They should only download those files that are in use at the current time,

so all the sabers would be in use at the current time, but only 1 map is in use at the current time. So it should only download that one map that is currently being used,

and then if the map changes to another map that is listed in the downloads.lst file that the client does not have, then it should download that new map.

It is a little hard to explain, so if you had trouble understanding what I mean, I will attempt to explain it better later.

The auto download redirection system should ALWAYS be enabled to players who have the client plug-in, even if the g_allowDownloads is set to 0 in the server.cfg file.

Here are the cvars I want to have regarding the download redirection system:

r_url “” – type in the url of the location that the .pk3 files are stored so that players can auto download necessary files. Leave blank to disable the auto downloads. (Example: http://www.livingdeadclan.com/public_html/images/files/) The server then looks for the downloads.lst file at that location

SABER CVARS:

r_redKataMax "90" - makes the max damage per-second set to "90"

r_redKataMin "1" - makes the min damage per-second set to "1"

r_redDfaMax "70" - makes the max damage per-second set to "70"

r_redDfaMin "1" - makes the min damage per-second set to "1"

r_redNormalMax "50" - makes the max damage per-second set to "50"

r_redNormalMin "1" - makes the min damage per-second set to "1"

r_redOtherAtk "50" - makes the damage per-second of other attacks (backstab) set to "50"

r_yellowKataMax "75" - makes the max damage per-second set to "75"

r_yellowKataMin "1" - makes the min damage per-second set to "1"

r_yellowDfaMax "55" - makes the max damage per-second set to "55"

r_yellowDfaMin "1" - makes the min damage per-second set to "1"

r_yellowNormalMax "35" - makes the max damage per-second set to "35"

r_yellowNormalMin "1" - makes the min damage per-second set to "1"

r_yellowOtherAtk "35" - makes the damage per-second of other attack (backstab) set to "35"

r_blueKataMax "60" - makes the max damage per-second set to "60"

r_blueKataMin "1" - makes the min damage per-second set to "1"

r_blueDfaMax "40" - makes the max damage per-second set to "40"

r_blueDfaMin "1" - makes the min damage per-second set to "1"

r_blueNormalMax "20" - makes the max damage per-second set to "20"

r_blueNormalMin "1" - makes the min damage per-second set to "1"

r_blueOtherAtk "20" - makes the damage per-second of other attacks (backstab) set to "20"

r_meleeDmg "35" - makes the melee damage per-hit set to 35

r_saberDmgChange "0" - set to 1 to use the custom damage settings for the saber attacks as set above. Set to 0 to use default saber damages

NOTE: r_saberDmgChange affects the r_meleeDmg cvar being on or off as well

Since there are so many saber cvars, put all the saber cvars in the server.cfg file in its own .cfg file named: sabers.cfg

Then simply put a line near the top of the server.cfg called: exec sabers.cfg

Staff and Dual saber attacks are the same as the yellow cvar settings above.

HIT DETECTION:

Do not touch the hit detection at all in this mod. The base JA hit detection will be perfectly fine.

I know a way to use cvars that are already in base JA to increase the hit detection considerably and it will be perfectly fine without any editing.

I plan to include all those cvars for better hit detection in the server.cfg file. Or if need be, I will include it in a separate .cfg file and use an exec line in the server.cfg to execute the custom saber cvar settings.

GUN CVARS:

r_pistol_dmg "25" - makes the damage per hit for the blaster pistol set to "25"

r_pistol_velocity "9000” - makes the projectile velocity for the blaster pistol set to "9000"

r_pistol_rof "125” - makes the rate of fire (firing time) for the blaster pistol set to "125"

r_pistol_alt_dmg "25” - makes the damage per hit for the blaster pistol set to "25"

r_pistol_alt_velocity "9000" - makes the projectile velocity for the alternate fire blaster pistol shot set to "9000"

r_pistol_alt_rof "175" - makes the alternate rate of fire for the blaster pistol set to "175"

r_blaster_dmg "45” - makes the damage per hit for the blaster rifle set to "45"

r_blaster_velocity "10000" - makes the blaster rifle projectile velocity set to "10000"

r_blaster_rof "250" - makes the rate of fire for the blaster rifle set to "250"

r_blaster_energy "1" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the blaster rifle set to "1"

r_blaster_alt_dmg "40" - makes the alternate damage per hit for the blaster rifle set to "40"

r_blaster_alt_velocity "10000" - makes the alternate blaster rifle projectile velocity set to "10000"

r_blaster_alt_rof "150" - makes the alternate rate of fire for the blaster rifle set to "150"

r_blaster_alt_energy "2" - makes the alternate amount of ammo per shot for the blaster rifle set to "2"

r_disruptor_dmg "75" - makes the damage per hit for the disruptor rifle set to "75"

r_disruptor_rof "1000" - makes the rate of fire for the disruptor rifle set to "1000"

r_disruptor_energy "10" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the disruptor rifle set to "10"

r_disruptor_alt_dmg "250" - makes the alternate damage per hit for the disruptor rifle set to "250"

r_disruptor_alt_rof "1500" - makes the alternate rate of fire per shot for the disruptor rifle set to "1500"

r_disruptor_alt_energy "15" - makes the alternate amount of ammo per shot for the disruptor rifle set to "15"

r_disruptor_alt_charge "0" - set to 0 to make the disruptor rifle not charge anymore, set to 1 to allow it to charge up like normal. If set to 0, make it always disintegrate players when it hits them for an instant kill

r_bowcaster_dmg "75" - makes the damage per hit for the bowcaster set to "75"

r_bowcaster_splash_dmg "75" - makes the splash damage for the primary fire of the bowcaster set to "75"

r_bowcaster_splash_radius "32" - makes the plash radius for the primary fire of the bowcaster set to "32"

r_bowcaster_velocity "13000" - makes the projectile velocity for the bowcaster set to "13000"

r_bowcaster_rof "350" - makes the rate of fire for the bowcaster set to "350"

r_bowcaster_energy "5" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the bowcaster set to "5"

r_bowcaster_alt_dmg "75" - makes the alternate damage per hit for the bowcaster set to "75"

r_bowcaster_alt_velocity "13000" - makes the alternate fire projectile velocity set to "13000"

r_bowcaster_alt_rof "200" - makes the alternate shot rate of fire for the bowcaster set to "200"

r_bowcaster_alt_energy "5" - makes the alternate amount of ammo per shot for the bowcaster set to "5"

r_repeater_dmg "30" - makes the damage per hit for the repeater set to "30"

r_repeater_velocity "13000" - makes the velocity for the primary fire of the repeater set to "13000"

r_repeater_rof "125" - makes the rate of fire for the repeater set to "125"

r_repeater_energy "1" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the repeater set to "1"

r_repeater_alt_dmg "100" - makes the damager for a direct hit with the alternate fire of a repeater set to "100"

r_repeater_alt_splash_dmg "100" - makes the alternate fire splash damage for the repeater set to "100"

r_repeater_alt_splash_radius "128" - makes the splash radius of the alternate fire projectile for the repeater set to "128"

r_repeater_alt_velocity "1400" - makes the velocity of the alternate fire projectile of the repeater set at "1400"

r_repeater_alt_rof "400" - makes the rate of fire for the alternate fire projectile of the repeater set to "400"

r_repeater_alt_energy "20" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the alternate fire of the repeater set to "20"

r_demp2_dmg "75" - makes the damage for the demp2 set to "75"

r_demp2_velocity "7000" - makes the velocity of the primary fire for the demp2 set to "7000"

r_demp2_rof "250" - makes the rate of fire for the demp2 set to "250"

r_demp2_energy "5" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the primary fire for the demp2 set to "5"

r_demp2_alt_dmg "12" - makes the alternate damage per hit for the demp2 set to "12"

r_demp2_alt_rof "350" - makes the rate of fire for the alternate fire demp2 set to "350"

r_demp2_alt_energy "5" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the alternate fire of the demp2 set to "5"

r_flechette_dmg "15" - makes the damage per hit from the flechette gun set to "15"

r_flechette_shots "8" - makes the flechette shoot "8" *bullets* per shot instead of 5

r_flechette_velocity "5000" - makes the projectile velocity for the flechette gun set to "5000"

r_flechette_rof "500" - makes the rate of fire for the flechette gun set to "500"

r_flechette_energy "10" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the flechette gun set to "10"

r_flechette_alt_dmg "75" - makes the alternate damage per hit for a direct hit from the flechette gun set to "75"

r_flechette_alt_splash_dmg "75" - makes the alternate splash damage per hit from the flechette gun set to "75"

r_flechette_alt_splash_radius "64" - makes the alternate fire splash radius for the flechette guns set to "64"

r_flechette_alt_shots "2" - makes the flechette shoot 2 *grenades* per shot for the alternate fire of the flechette

r_flechette_alt_velocity "1200" - makes the velocity for the alternate fire projectiles of the flechette gun et to "1200"

r_flechette_alt_rof "600" - makes the rate of fire for the alternate fire of the flechette gun set to "600"

r_flechette_alt_energy "15" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the flechette gun set to "15"

r_conc_dmg "100" - makes the damage per hit for the concussion rifle set to "100"

r_conc_splash_dmg "100" - makes the splash damage per hit for the concussion rifle set to "100"

r_conc_splash_radius "128" - makes the splash radius for the primary fire of the concussion rifle set to "128"

r_conc_velocity "4000" - makes the projectile velocity for concussion rife set to "4000"

r_conc_rof "400" - makes the rate of fire for the concussion rifle set to "400"

r_conc_energy "40" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the concussion rifle set to "40"

r_conc_alt_dmg "150" - makes the alternate damage per hit for the concussion rifle set to "150"

r_conc_alt_rof "550" - makes the alternate rate of fire for the concussion rifle set to "550"

r_conc_alt_energy "50" - makes the alternate amount of ammo per shot for the concussion rife set to "50"

r_rocket_dmg "200" - makes the damager for a direct hit from the rocket launcher (primary and secondary) set to "200"

r_rocket_splash_dmg "150" - makes the splash damage per hit from the rocket launcher (primary and secondary) set to "150"

r_rocket_splash_radius "128" - makes the splash radius of the rocket launcher (primary and secondary) set to "128"

r_rocket_velocity "1500" - makes the rocket launcher projectile velocity set to "1500"

r_rocket_rof "700" - makes the rate of fire for the rocket launcher set to "700"

r_rocket_energy "1" - makes the amount of ammo per shot for the rocket launcher set to "1"

r_rocket_alt_velocity "1250" - makes the alternate projectile velocity speed for the rocket launcher ste to "1250"

r_rocket_alt_rof "800" - makes the alternate rate of fire for the rocket launcher set to "800"

r_rocket_alt_energy "2" - makes the alternate amount of ammo per shot for the rocket launcher set to "2"

r_thermal_dmg "200" - makes the damage per direct hit for the thermal detonator set to "200"

r_thermal_splash_dmg "200" - makes the splash damage per hit for the thermal detonator (primary and secondary) set to "200"

r_thermal_splash_radius "128" - makes the splash radius for the thermal detonator (primary and secondary) set to "128"

r_thermal_velocity "600" - makes the projectile velocity for the *base charge* of the thermal detonator set to "600"

r_thermal_rof "300" - makes the rate of fire for the thermal detonator set to "300"

r_thermal_energy "1" - makes the amount of ammo per throw for the thermal detonator set to "1"

r_thermal_alt_dmg "125" - makes the alternate damager per direct hit for the thermal detonator set to "125"

r_thermal_alt_velocity "700" - makes the projectile velocity for the *base charge* of the thermal detonator set to "700"

r_thermal_rof "400" - makes the alternate rate of fire for the thermal detonator set to "400"

r_thermal_energy "1" - makes the alternate amount of ammo per throw for the thermal detonator set to "1"

r_trip_dmg "200" - makes the damage per direct hit for the trip mine set to "200"

r_trip_splash_dmg "200" - makes the splash damage for the trip mine set to "200"

r_trip_splash_radius "128" - makes the splash radius of the trip mine set to "128"

r_trip_velocity "400" - makes the throwing velocity of the trip mine (primary and secondary) set to "400"

r_trip_rof "300" - makes the rate of fire for the trip mine set to "300"

r_trip_energy "1" - makes the amount of ammo per throw for the trip mine set to "1"

r_trip_alt_dmg "200" - makes the damage per direct hit for the trip mine set to "200"

r_trip_alt_splash_dmg "150" - makes the alternate splash damage for the trip mine set to "150"

r_trip_alt_splash_radius "128" - makes the alternate splash radius for the trip mine set to "128"

r_trip_alt_rof "300" - makes the alternate rate of fire for the trip mine set to "300"

r_trip_alt_energy "1" - makes the alternate amount of ammo per throw for the trip mine set to "1"

r_trip_alt_time "240" - makes the time before the alternate fire trip mine auto-detonates set to "240" seconds (4 minutes)

r_det_dmg "300" - makes the damage per direct hit for the det pack set to "300"

r_det_splash_dmg "300" - makes the splash damage for the det pack set to "300"

r_det_splash_radius "256" - makes the splash radius for the det pack set to "256"

r_det_velocity "400" - makes the throwing velocity for the det pack set to "400"

r_det_rof "500" - makes the rate of fire for the det pack set to "500"

r_det_energy "1" - makes the amount of ammo per throw for the det pack set to "1"

r_det_time "240" - makes the time before the det pack auto-detonates set to "240" seconds (4 minutes)

r_det_alt_rof "300" - makes the rate of fire for the alternate det pack set to "300" (the detonate command for the det packs)

r_baton_dmg "40" - makes the damage for the stun baton set to "40" damage per hit

NOTE ABOUT GUN CVARS:

Since there are so many gun cvars, put all the gun cvars in the server.cfg file in its own .cfg file named: guns.cfg

Then simply put a line near the top of the server.cfg called: exec guns.cfg

LAMING PROTECTION:

When a player uses the meditate command, that player should be protected from lightsaber damage, gun damage, knock back damage, and force powers of all kinds, including force powers that his own team uses on him, such as team heal.

To prevent players from exploiting this during a firefight when they are losing, the player does not get protected until 2 seconds after they have pressed the meditate button. As soon as the player moves again, the protection stops.

And this is the part that I wanted to be in this mod first:

CUSTOM LIGHTSABER STYLES:

I want to be able to make custom lightsaber attack styles with this mod. I am not sure if it would be possible without client side coding, but I am fairly sure it could be done.

Since all the clients have the animation files already, and the server would just be telling the game to play a different animation file instead of the one it is supposed to. Anyway, on with what I want to be able to do:

There should be a file located in the Rebirth mod folder called: Styles.dat This file lists all the custom saber styles that have been created by admins on the server. This file gets loaded and looks for updates every time the map changes/restarts or the server restarts.

When the command "addStyle" is used by itself it should begin a short command process for creating a new lightsaber style. Here is what it should do:

Admin uses the "addStyle" command

In the console, it asks what the name of the new lightsaber style should be

The player then does /(name of style) In this case we will use the name Vaapad. So...

Player types in: /Vaapad

In the console it says: New lightsaber style name is: Vaapad. Is this ok? (type 1 in the console to accept. Type 0 in the console to start over)

After the player types in "1" it says in the console:

Please choose which saber type will be able to use this style: Single, Dual, Staff

After the player types one of those style types, it goes on to the next section. If it does not recognize what the player typed (if they spelled it wrong), then it says: Please retype your style choice.

After the style has been chosen it says in the console: Please choose the color of the new style for the HUD: Blue, Yellow, Red

After the player types one of those it goes on to the next section, if it does not recognize what the player typed it says: Please retype your color choice.

The next message says: Please choose your standing animation: \n 1 - blue, 2 - yellow, 3 - red, 4 - dual, 5 - staff, 6 - guardsman, 7 - relaxed, 8 - elite

The first 5 standing animations should be self explanatory, but for number 6 (guardsman) I want to use the BOTH_STAND5 animation. For the number 7 (relaxed) I want to use the BOTH_STAND1 animation. For number 8 (elite) I want to use the BOTH_STAND9 animation.

After the information has been entered correctly to this point it says: Please choose the number of the kata attack you would like to give your new style: \n 1 - blue kata, 2 - yellow kata, 3- red kata, 4 - staff kata, 5 - dual kata, 6 - pull stab, 7 - jedi tornado

After the number has been typed in correctly, it says: Please choose the number of the DFA attack you would like your new style to have: \n 1 - blue lunge, 2 - yellow flip, 3 - red jump, 4 - dual saber butterfly, 5 - staff butterfly, 6 - tusken lunge (uses the BOTH_TUSKENLUNGE1 animation)

After the number has been entered correctly, then if it is either a dual or staff style it says: Please choose the alternate DFA attack you would like (crouch+forward+attack): \n 1 - blue lunge, 2 - dual saber twirl, 3 - staff saber twirl, 4 - pull stab

If it is a single style then skip the last part about the alternate DFA thing.

After the information has been entered up to this point it says: Please choose the number of the backstab attack you would like: \n 1 - single saber backslash, 2 - dual saber crouching backslash, 3 - staff backstab

After the player has typed out his choice, it says: Please choose the forward attack you would like to use: \n 1 - red forward slash, 2 - dual saber forward slash, 3 - staff saber forward slash, 4 - desann style slash, 5 - tusken slash (uses BOTH_TUSKENATTACK1 animation)

For the purpose of mavampire this easier to type, I am going to simply type out the next message in the series since I assume you understand the player has to pick the number, and if the number isn’t recognized then it displays a message, etc.

Please choose the attack for your forward-left attack: \n 1 - red style slash, 2 - blue style slash, 3 - staff style slash, 4 - dual style slash

Please choose the attack for your left attack: \n 1 - red style slash, 2 - blue style slash, 3 - yellow style slash, 4 - staff style slash, 5 - dual style slash, 6 - desann style slash, 7 - tusken slash left (uses the BOTH_TUSKENATTACK3 animation)

Please choose the attack for your left-back attack: \n 1 - red style slash, 2 - blue style slash, 3 - yellow style slash, 4 - staff style slash

Please choose the attack for your back attack: \n 1 - red style slash, 2 - blue style slash, 3 - yellow style slash, 4 - staff style slash, 5 - dual style slash, 6 - tusken slash (uses the BOTH_TUSKENATTACK2 animation)

Please choose the attack for your back-right attack: \n 1 - red style slash, 2 - blue style slash, 3 - yellow style slash, 4 - staff style slash, 5 - dual style slash

Please choose the attack for your right attack: \n 1 - red style slash, 2 - blue style slash, 3 - yellow style slash, 4 - staff style slash, 5 - dual style slash, 6 - desann style slash

Please choose the attack for your right-forward attack: \n 1 - red style slash, 2 - blue style slash, 3 - yellow style slash, 4 - staff style slash, 5 - dual style slash, 6 - desann style slash

Now on to a more difficult part. The player has 6 "points" that they can use to choose the skills of the new style, such as power and speed. The maximum for each skill is level 3. So this is what the next message says:

You have 6 points remaining for your saber to give to its status. \n Power is level 0, speed is level 0, defense is level 0 \n please type 1 to give a point to power, 2 to give a point to speed, 3 to give a point to defense

After the player gives a point to a section (for this example we will use power) it says:

You have 5 points remaining for your saber to give to its status. \n Power is level 1, speed is level 0, defense is level 0 \n please type 1 to give a point to power, 2 to give a point to speed, 3 to give a point to defense

For this next part I will use power again:

You have 4 points remaining for your saber to give to its status. \n Power is level 2, speed is level 0, defense is level 0 \n please type 1 to give a point to power, 2 to give a point to speed, 3 to give a point to defense

Now I will use defense:

You have 3 points remaining for your saber to give to its status. \n Power is level 2, speed is level 0, defense is level 1 \n please type 1 to give a point to power, 2 to give a point to speed, 3 to give a point to defense

Now I will use speed:

You have 2 points remaining for your saber to give to its status. \n Power is level 2, speed is level 1, defense is level 1 \n please type 1 to give a point to power, 2 to give a point to speed, 3 to give a point to defense

Now I will use the remaining 2 on defense:

You have 0 points remaining for your saber to give to its status. \n Power is level 2, speed is level 1, defense is level 3 \n All your points have been allocated to different skills. Type 1 to accept, type 0 to restart the skill settings.

If the player tried to go over level 3 in a category it should say: level 3 is the maximum allowed for that skill

Here are the different skill levels are equivalent to in base JA:

POWER:

0 - blue damage

1 - yellow damage

2 - dual damage

3 - red damage

SPEED:

0 - red speed

1 - yellow speed

2 - staff speed

3 - blue speed

DEFENCE:

0 - blue parry setting

1 - yellow parry setting

2 - staff parry setting

3 - dual parry setting

After the skill settings have been finished and accepted it says:

Congratulations! You have successfully made a new lightsaber style. \n Your lightsaber style number is (#) and the name is (name of style created)

The number or style name can be used when switching to the custom saber styles with the /style command. Any player can use the /style command to change to the custom lightsaber style that has been created.

After the style has been created, it should be saved in the Styles.dat file in the Rebirth mod folder. If an admin modified that file manually and sets the skill levels to anything over 3 or an invalid number for any of the attacks, then when the server loads the Styles.dat file it should automatically delete the lightsaber style that has been altered.

Here is an example of what the Styles.dat file should look like:

<Vaapad>

<number=1>

<single>

<blue>

<kata=3>

<dfa=2>

<backstab=3>

<forward=4>

<forward+left=1>

<left=6>

<left+back=1>

<back=2>

<back+right=3>

<right=6>

<right+forward=6>

<power=1>

<speed=2>

<defence=3>

<VaapadEnd>

STYLE COMMAND:

When a player does the "style" command, they must do it like this:

/Style Vaapad

That would change the saber style you are using the the Vaapad style. If the player is using a single saber, then they can use 3 different styles.

When they do the "style" command, then it replaces the style they are currently on with whatever style they are changing to.

Even if the player is cycling through the different styles, when they get back to the one they had replaced with the custom style, then it will still be the custom style.

The only way to change back to the default saber style is by doing: /Style none. Or: /Style 0

You can also change styles by typing the "number" which is specified in the styles.dat file.

NOTE ABOUT CUSTOM SABER STYLES:

If you truly believe that it is absolutely not possible to do something like what I have described above for the custom saber styles without any client side coding, then here is one last idea to consider:

Would it be possible to make it so that with the client plug-in it is coded so that the players download a new Styles.dat file at every map change/restart (even if auto downloads are disabled) and that way the client would have all the necessary things for sing and seeing the custom saber style.

And those that do not have the client plug-in would simply see an old saber attack style being used even if the player is using a custom one, and it shows a different style that the player is using depending on what level the speed category is for the custom style.

And of course the actual damage and hit detection would be calculated by where the custom style is, and not where the player without the client plug-in sees it. But I don’t think that would be too much of a problem.

If none of that is at all possible still. Then I would like to make 2 versions of this mod. One that isn’t client side and has no custom saber stuff, and one that is a client side mod and has all this saber stuff in it.

PLAY COMMAND:

When a player uses the "play" command, they must specify the path to the .mp3 file they wish to play

The .mp3 file must be mono channel and under 100 kilobytes. The .mp3 file plays at the player’s location when they did the command.

A lot like when a player shoots a gun and the other players nearby can hear the gun sound. But those far away can’t hear it.

The players can only play one .mp3 file every "r_playTime" number of seconds (default is 10).

GIVE AND TAKE COMMANDS:

For the give and take admin commands, these are the valid items and weapons:

pistol = blaster pistol

blaster = blaster rifle

disruptor = disruptor rifle

bowcaster = wookie bowcaster

repeater = heavy repeater rifle

demp2 = demp2 gun

flechette = flechette gun

rocket = rocket launcher

conc = concussion rifle

LAgoggles = Light Amplification Goggles

binoculars = binoculars

cloak = cloavampire device

sentry = sentry gun

seeker = seeker drone

shield = deployable shield

JETPACK:

I would like to have a jetpack feature in this mod. It can work the exact same way as in JA+, since that would be pretty easy to do probably.

Here are the cvar commands I would like to have regarding the jetpack:

r_jetpack "1" - set to 1 to enable the jetpack command in the server

r_jetpackFuel "1" - set to 0 to disable fuel usage for the jetpack, set to 1 to enable a limited fuel supply

r_jetpackLifeHeight "256" - sets the height at which the jetpack no longer gives and upward push to the player and simply lets them float at that height

r_jetpackHoverStrength "100" - sets the strength at which the jetpack pushes upward

GRAPPLE HOOK:

I would also like there to be a grapple hook just like the one in duelers mod. I am fairly sure I saw that duelers were open source at one time. SO you should be able to copy the server side coding from that.

I would like it to use the same black chord thing as in JA+, and I would like it to have a seeker dron at the end as the "hook model"

I would also like it to have effects/force/confusion_old.efx effect played around it at a speed of 100ms loop.

That way the players can see the end of it a little better.

Also, for the firing sound, use the Tusken rifle instead of the blaster rifle. In my opinion it sounds a bit more like a grapple hook is being shot out, and it is a rarely used sound file.

Here are the cvars I would like to have regarding the grapple hook:

r_grapple "1" - set to 1 to enable the grapple hook, set to 0 to disable

r_grapplyVelocity "6000" - sets the speed at which the grapple hook shoot

r_grappleSpamTime "7" - sets the time (in seconds) that the player must wait before firing another grapple hook

r_grappleDmg "10" - sets the damage that the grapple hook does if it hits the player while still moving

CLIENT PLUGIN:

I want there to be a client plug in with this. Possibly in the V2 of this mod if this is way too much work so far.

I want the plug-in to support the ability to select your own saber core, use RGB sabers, and have a whether system.

The saber selection stuff can be done exactly like in JA+ if you want. I would assume that would be the easiest way.

WHETHER THINGS:

When someone does the “r_whether” command, these are the effects I want the player to be able to choose from:

Rain – makes a rainstorm in the server. Uses 100 particles of rain

HvyRain – makes a heavy rainstorm in the server. Uses 225 particles of rain

Snow – makes a snow storm in the server. Uses 150 particles of snow

JUMPING ON WATER:

Here is some code I found on LucasForums (thanks to Tinny for this) and edited a tiny bit to do more of what I wanted:

if ( (cmd->upmove) && (ps->speed >= 200) && (ps->fd.forcePowersActive & (1 << FP_SPEED)) )

{//shaolin run over water surface with force speed, thanks to Tinny at LucasForums

pm->tracemask |= (CONTENTS_WATER|CONTENTS_SLIME|CONTENTS_LAVA);

}

This makes it so that with force speed of at least level 1, you can "jump" across the water by pressing the jump button right before you hit the water.

I made it so you have to jump across the water instead of simply running because it looked like you were floating over it unless you did a bit of client coding.

So having to so you jump eliminates most of the problem. maybe you could do a bit of client side coding for this to make it look better with the client plug-in.

It would be possible if it wre a client side mod though? BTW, you thinking about doint this razor? I hope you are since no one else has been replying to this at all :/ Or at any of the other forums I have posted my request on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived