Home

How will you tactically fight?

Heavyarms

If they have standard ISD starfigher compliment...I'll attack with 6 ISDs:

4 ISDs with 6 squads of T/Is (or T/Ds)

2 ISDs with 6 squads of T/Bs

Or if not, then I'll have to re - work it but that's the idea for the TIE attack force.

As the Empire I'll build a Deathstar then systematically wipe out all but 10-15 or so planets supported by a massive fleet to protect my baby of course. Then I've only got a few planets to watch over and they'll be so scared they'll be offering jedi witch trials whenever I blink a them.

As the Rebellion I'll ambush a lot - try to whittle down the empires best units as I withdraw until finally I counter-attack somewhere else with overwhelming forces then just lead them for a merry dance as they try to catch me.

I wonder if when planets get captured if there'll be civilian casualities - if so It means losing a world and then retaking it will be very bad - be better to hold it - if so I may be screwed as Rebellion. Oh well, doot di doot di do

What I will End up doing is using a massive fleet(But Small Enough to not get Heavily Pick on by Recon or Ambushs). In a way like the emporer's tactics in ROTJ I might end up showing my self open then, do an Ambush within an Ambush, But first my Tactics will be somewhat Defencive with massive Anti-Fighter Groups, as well as Tie-Craft Support. In order of gaining planets, my ground forces will slowly gain forces as I break down the Rebel Fleet. One tactic that I will do different with the Emporer's Strategy is instead of having the fleet always stay where they are. Once the Rebel Fleet "breaks off"(If there is a giant sheild generator building), I will have the SDs and My Squadrons go in for the kill. The Emporer not bringing the fleet during ROTJ(Battle of Endor) was purhaps his biggest mistake.

I as well will need a good amount of planets for this so I need to include a lot of fast/powerful fighters.

The idea of targeting heroes I will keep in mind while I'm on the tactics screen.

Note: The Fighters only break of the 2D Stategy area when they are fighting otherwise they stay in a "flat" trail.

A) Defencive Buildings

B) Fleet Build-up

C) Gradual ground force Build-up

D) Fake weakness and the Kill

I would use more star fighers than anything, they seem to have a larger impact when it comes to inflicking(sp) damage. Once the enemy is preocupied with the fighters, i creep in my capital ships (few in number but of the more powerfull class, with a few support onces) and destroy the enemy captials.

But i think EaW will be an awsome game when it comes to strategy. Being able to hide in asteroid belts, and other items, you can lay traps and destroy your enemy through tactics, even if you have fewer ships and less fire power.

Flanking manouvers are what the rebellion would be best at, distracting the ISD's while securing starfighter supremacy, However, the Rebellion probably could just slip past large blockades and create havoc on the planet using their smaller, faster fleet, dragging reinforcements from places that would be left undefended and open for attack.

Fleet to fleet, Mon Cals would be the distraction, They're really the only cruisers that COULD survive broadsides from a few ISD's, While corvettes provide anti starfighter/Bomber support. I guess hoping that the squadrons of starfighters will be able to survive against clouds of TIE's. Frigates would probably quite good at flanking the enemy, I've always seen them as pretty weak, but maybe in the game they'll turn out different.

I don't know much about this game so I don't know if my favourite "strategy" (if you can call it that) will work. I mainly send a small army to an enemies base, get my army to shoot here and there and get out without inflicting/recieving much damage, wait for a while and go back in. It doesn't work very well but its only a game. :D

As the Empire on a ground offensive, I would expect the Rebels to prepare for a full-frontal attack by slow-medium speed units such as AT-AT's, AT-ST's, and SPHA units. Thus, I would deploy my stronger and slower units on the perimeter of the engagement zone and lead with my repulsortanks, speeder bikes, and some of my infantry. I would attack their missile-armed infantry and artillery first. Once I put a substantial dent in their long-range weapons, I'd fall back and begin advancing with my big units. If bomber support is avaliable, I'd hit where their troops are most concentrated after pulling out of the hit and fade, then attack through the vacuum left with my fast units.

As the Rebels on a ground offensive, I'd anticipate a greeting by fast moving scout units, followed by a bunch of AT-AT's with AT-AA support. Thus, I'd rush out with T-2B's and T-4B's to draw out their defenders, with torpedo platforms backed by infantry a little ways back. Once the ground pounders start plodding forth, I'd fall back and artillery the crap out of the AT-AT's. After dropping the AT-AT's and forcing their AT-AA's to retreat, I'd send my scouts to scope out the remainder of their force, use a Y-wing strike if avaliable, then pick off their infantry using T-2B's and Heroes.

Space strategies to come soon.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm...as the Empire, I would have to take a page from Stalin, get a large number of troops, and throw them at the enemy, someone Is bound to get through.

As the Rebels however, more of of a sneaky approach, kinda like the minutemen of old.

Either way, ought to be fun.

for offence i would use a balance of all units, then see what units the enemy uses alot and dont use, so i udjust to use all units to counter theirs. like maybe they dont use small crusers so i wont need large cruisers. maybe they have tons of large cruisers, so i get mor bombers.

if i was defending my planet, id hve all my units hiding in a corner while the enemy attacks my bace, then i steal all thier reinforcement points, then attack them from behind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Space: I usually split my fighters up to get mines, then i fool the enemy into attacking my station( with a fleet protecting it) while fighters race near their station and poof, a bunch of bombers and missle cruisers race in and destroy their station quickly with use of hypervelocity gun.=)

Land: I try to find a route where i can flank the enemy into thinking im gonna try to attack them by getting landing pads. Then i send a bunch of heroes to protect base nad use at ats to destroy enemy base

Archived