Home

The Black Viper Bar - The place to relax

Darth Rythe

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similarly, an old Mark23 USP Match .45 caliber pistol shot out from Strider's sleeve into his hand, which he spun for a moment with a grin, before sliding it back into the holster up his arm. "Heh, yeah, the good ol' days. There's still some, but we're probably still the big names around," he said.

"The Jedi don't like it - but like I said, they haven't given me any restrictions since I rejoined. I guess they figure it's best to let me do things my way," Strider said with a shrug, then chuckled and continued, "Given em up? Why give up projectile weapons when everything now is conditioned to reflect blasters rather than take the penetration of a high speed bullet? History repeats itself quite frequently. Armor was invented to stop arrows, so we invented bullets. Kevlar was invented to stop bullets, so we made armor piercing rounds, the cycle continues, and eventually old stuff becomes effective again because they don't plan on anyone actually using less than the latest and greatest equipment."

((Well - alot of our characters aren't SW Canon to begin with now are they? Sides - what do you call Tusken rifles? They use basic projectile bullets, don't they? Additionally, Clone and Mandalorian armor, yeah, could definitely stop projectiles - but Stormtrooper armor has always seemed almost like plastic. Lastly, it would be inaccurate to say that bullets could never have been invented, because even Star Wars had to start with everyone in a ancient or pre-classical era at one point in its history or another, the whole species couldn've just spawned as scientifically and technologically advanced beings.))

((

Most Slugthrower projectiles could penetrate a Stormtrooper's helmet lens or vulnerable neck area

And it's not about if there were projectiles or not, it's more about how you described your weapon as an Earth weapon. The SW galaxy slugthrowers probably used no calibers, nor were there Heckler & Koch USP pistols. And by the look of different styles of blasters, you won't know what they looked like, even thought some of the rifles look a bit like overgrown Winchesters))

((I was using that to give the gun a familiar appearance that others might recognize, to be honest, and there have been many times in other roleplays here where people have used "earth" weapons as part of their character in a Star Wars era roleplay. I agree with Curt though. Let's just go back to chillin'.))

Archived