Home

Naming Revolution

Lynk Former

Should Nintendo keep the name "Nintendo Revolution" for it's next generation console?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nintendo keep the name "Nintendo Revolution" for it's next generation console?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ZBomber

I actually really like Sithy's suggestion, the RNES. :)

They could even release our favorite NES/SNES games with hyped up graphics. :)

Or not. It would be way too tempting, even for Nintendo, to just tweak a little here, fix a little there, and suddently its a completly different game.

well they orginally were going to have xbox a different name, thats just what they used before they had a name, one day they got lazy and they liked the name xbox so thats what they called it, anywho i thyink it should be called:

CSRNGS(Crazy.Super.Revolutioanry.Nintendo.Game.System)

or RNES i like that one.

Originally posted by Curt-Man

well they orginally were going to have xbox a different name, thats just what they used before they had a name, one day they got lazy and they liked the name xbox so thats what they called it, anywho i thyink it should be called:

CSRNGS(Crazy.Super.Revolutioanry.Nintendo.Game.System)

or RNES i like that one.

or GSTRINGS (Graphically.Supreme.Technologically.Revolutionary.Improved.Nintendo.Gaming.System)

:xp:

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Well, seein the Nintendo is a kids console they should call it :

Fisher-Price Crayola Nintendo Fun set

or the FCN Fun set

*runs from crazed nintendo fans dressed as mario who think Nintendo is cool coz it has metroid*

mtfbwya

I'd love a kid's console to be called a "FCN" fun set. :D

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Well, seein the Nintendo is a kids console they should call it :

Fisher-Price Crayola Nintendo Fun set

or the FCN Fun set

*runs from crazed nintendo fans dressed as mario who think Nintendo is cool coz it has metroid*

mtfbwya

And that is what someone who doesn't know what they're talking about steps up and tries to sound smart says about Nintendo.

Nintendo's last two consoles have been in trouble because of the simple fact that it lacks good third party support. Nintendo relies too much on their core franchises and the GCN's minidisk was another disadvantage. When your media is smaller than that of your competitors it's not a good thing, yes you prevent piracy but you also lose more possible games. There are reasons why Nintendo has been failing lately and it's not because "they're for kids." Pokemon, while none of you like it and give crap to anyone who thinks otherwise makes a HELL OF A LOT of money for Nintendo. Who cares that it's Pokemon, the fact that one franchise aimed at children makes so much money is what gives it worth. All Nintendo needs to do is recapture that third party market. The way to do that is do exactly what Sony and Microsoft are doing with their consoles. The advantage is having your own exclusive franchises. First step, get those third party developers in and make sure the games they create and disadvantaged from the other two brands and THEN get all your exclusive stuff out there.

It's not a matter of "Nintendo is for kids" that a bull**** excuse for anyone.

Archived