Home

PS3 to be revealed BEFORE e3!!!

Acrylic

Yes people, before Halo there was GoldenEye, one of the greatest games ever made and while it isn't as popular as Halo has become today, Halo would be nothing without GoldenEye, the first successful console FPS ever.

Oh and Perfect Dark rocks as well :D It may not be a Bond game but it can hold its own. A lot of poeple don't like it as much as GoldenEye but I do like it. The Multiplayer was brilliant too, there were so many options to customise your levels and you could SAVE your own type of level setups. Had the best time playing these two games as well as the original Smash Bros and Mario Kart with my friends XD

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see your :p

Geyecard.jpg

and I raise you :p

ffrCard.jpg

*cough* no contest.... :p

one is just a game where you shoot each other, the other is an *experience*

all IMO of course, Im just trying to relate that not all ppl were going Goldeneye mad back in the day.... I definitely wasnt :p

but of course, we all know it is bad to compare RPGs and FPS :(:p

*yes, I am currently very fond of making cards* :(:p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by coupes.

Yeah, it means 64 bits... it was the only 64 bit console AFAIK ;)

Was the Dreamcast 128 bits? I never knew the specs on those.

Also, I've been wondering when they say 32 bits, 64 bits, etc. etc. are they talkin about the size of the data / address registers, or something else processor related, or graphics related?

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

one is just a game where you shoot each other, the other is an *experience*

Ahhhh, good ol' Astro. :D

You should know that Goldeneye was more of an experience than people would originally think, very realistic for it's time, and incredibly absorbing.

Plus all the bonus features that would pop up and surprise you, like the introduction of new levels and Bond villains of old...

But, I don't want this to turn into a "my opinion is more valid than your opinion" thing. Because I haven't really played FF. ;)

Oh and Lynk, that pic blew my bollocks off. :)

HA ! Ambushed by the half dozen nintendo fanboys that linger here !

Fools !

Let us compare :

Final Fantasy is a phenomenon, Zelda is just a cooler RPG than some. The fact that games like Zelda even got made was due to the success of FF 1-6 on the NES/SNES...

Deny that and I'll stab you in the eye with my Muratsumune(winks at all cool FF fans)

Still, looking forward to what the new Zelda will do on the GC. Sure it looks great, Im just hoping the battle system and storyline cut the mustard. All indications show that FF 12 will be awesome, and as its due later on this year, I'll be able to have a good go at both :)

yay RPGs !

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Lynk Former

XD Poor Astro, proving that you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Ah, the "what is an RPG " discussion again. You dont need to have rules governed by D&D rules etc for a game to be an RPG.... Once you have to sit and talk to people and make choices in what you say+do+go, then its RPG territory. Im sure Im not the only person who puts Zelda in the RPG basket :)

But really, all this is immaterial to the exciting news of the PS3 befing revelaled !! :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Ah, the "what is an RPG " discussion again. You dont need to have rules governed by D&D rules etc for a game to be an RPG.... Once you have to sit and talk to people and make choices in what you say+do+go, then its RPG territory. Im sure Im not the only person who puts Zelda in the RPG basket :)

But really, all this is immaterial to the exciting news of the PS3 befing revelaled !! :D

mtfbwya

.............there's nothing actually being revealed right now.

I judge an RPG if it has some kind of leveling up system in place, wether its automatic or manual, and some kind of hit/block/dodge rule system set in place. I mean every single game ever made is technically an RPG, if you take the words Role Playing Games literally.

I think Zelda would've still gotten made even if FF was never made, cause Miyomato made it and after his success with mario and DK they would've still let him make the game.

Also, as a side note, FF has a lot of spinoffs (X-2, Adventures, Tactics) and games in the whole series for something with the word final in its name.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7 Once you have to sit and talk to people and make choices in what you say+do+go, then its RPG territory.

[/b]

RPG elements != RPG game

And yes, there's more ignorant fools that call Zelda an RPG. I was release as an action/adventure game though, so you're pretty much wrong.

And FF was only more popular because it has been hyped.

Originally posted by RebelScum!

Well Astro...its one against many...all i know is Link owns and all the Zelda games are the best :)...Well except for Halo1 and 2 :D.

well, seeing you are less than 16 yo, I wouldnt assume anything otherwise... :p

Sithy, you see, back in the day when the SNES existed, Nintendo was cool, a true player in the gaming world. Now, it occupies a weird niche one can only liken to the school playground of the gaming world :( Whose fault ? Nintendo's !

And of course, we all know, that there was a famous rift between square and nintendo back then, which resulted in the groundbreaking FF7 being released on PS1, and ushering in a new area of gaming....

To counter this, Nintendo strategists sat down and decided against a CD-ROM based console and opted for yet another cartridge system ? Can anyone answer why ?! Then in the next gen DVD-ROM era consoles, nintendo goes for mini disc format, limiting and discouraging many game devs in the process....

they are a strange bunch that nintendo. Who knows the 'Revolution' mightnt even use DVD-ROM, but be laser shined through a glass prism, to generate all those wonderful colours required in kids games :):p

*runs like ninja*

Rhett, dont be upset at GL - true marketing genius ; Lucas is a very clever man, that is why he is a billionaire and you

spend alot of time in a barn ;):p JK !

mtfbwya

Archived