Home

PS3 to be revealed BEFORE e3!!!

Acrylic

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man are we still talking about this? I'll put it this way, Nintendo is seen as the kids system because of many factors, mostly because they're the ONLY old skool gaming company that still makes consoles and have a past where gaming was for children so their older mascots are targetted at that audience. The lack of third party developers supporting their system is also hurting them because they have all the adult targetted games.

But then why the hell am I saying this all again, it's already been explained a million times...

Now, it occupies a weird niche one can only liken to the school playground of the gaming world

Think of it this way, people should get off Nintendo's back cause without them all consoles would be doing is beefing up system specs and having games where all you do is kill people 4234235235 different ways and have chicks with big tits playing vollyball... which doesn't sound bad but old skool gaming is dieing off because of those kinds of games. Nintendo is willing to take risks, the Nintendo DS is one of those risks. Most of what consoles have now originated by someone at Nintendo going "hey it'd be good if a console could do this." and they either try to develope it and fail or develop it and it becomes a quiet success and then soon after their rivals imitate and profit. Without Nintendo you wouldn't get anything new XD

People keep saying Nintendo will die during the next generation and crap like that because of their kiddy image. XD It's funny when you think about it, the fact that they're still around is due to the fact that Nintendo are richer than people believe and the fact that their kiddy games and products are what are getting them the most money. Pokemon anyone?

Half of the field believe FF7 changed the face of gaming, the other say Ocarina of Time did, and another group go "wtf? who cares."

But in the end I accept the facts... and the facts are as follows...

- People only want what's new and generic.

- Sony can wrap dog crap in a console shell and still make the masses want to buy it.

- Nintendo isn't cool anymore

- Old skool gaming is now considered dead and buried.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Nintendo acts like people are as tech savvy as people in the 80s.

And the last time I checked, they haven't made any new (old school) games. Just 3d versions of oldschool stuff.

Hell, me... I would love to have the ulitimate Japannese shoot-em-up on Xbox.

And I think side scrollers are fun, like Soldat, Crimson Land, and that game were you play that chicken thing.

And Im just losing my subject and rambeling on right now..........

I think MS should make Xbox2 look like a giant iPod, laqured white plastic look.... or something.....

TiE

:D lol @ sithy's post.

lol @ Astro's cosplay pic. And you can't tell me you haven't seen horrid pictures of fat girls trying to imitate Final Fantasy characters huh :XD:

Plus I like Nintendo because I love two series they have, The Legend of Zelda and Metroid. That's all it takes for me to be a loyal fan :p Plus the fact that Nintendo was a strong part of my childhood helps too.

But the facts still stands, Nintendo are the only ones trying new gaming experiences... it's fair to say that they're keeping things fresh and also giving their competitors new ways of making games too.

:D :D :D :D :D

that rules!

:D :D :D :D :D

I love japanese conventions...

----------------------------------------

Controllers:

The N64 controller was pretty revolutionary at the time, without it we wouldn't have had analogue sticks on anything.

Sony then copied the analogue stick idea and put it on their rubbish Playstation controller to make it pretty decent.

The 3rd gen consoles consolodated this pretty sensibly into a mix of the two. Cos, nice as the n64 controllere was, you actually rarely used 1/3rd or it.

Unfortunately Sony's weird obsession with symetrically placing the analogue sticks means that they aren't placed in the best place (like they are on the GC & Xbox-s controllers) and they give undue prominince to the d-pad (considering it is only really used in fighting games these days).

Stupidly they have carried this over to the PSP as well.

I love the feel of the Gamecube controller, but the useless d-pad and badly placed Z button loose it points.

So i'd go witth the Xbox controller-s as the best overall controller... for now.

Goldeneye:

This game SOOOO rocks, shame they devalued the name with that steaming pile of "sequel".

N64/Zelda/Cartridges:

Ironically, the best and worst of Nintendo is all down to one man: Miyamoto.

He created some of the best games of all time int he Zelda franchise (OoT beating any PS1 game by miles imho), and it was his need for an advanced controller for that game & mario64 that lead to the development of the n64 controller.

It was also his dislike of loading times that lead to the n64 being cartridge based, and the GC using smaller discs.

Unfortunately, both are more expensive to manufacture than cdsdvds and this limited the number of third parties producing for nintendo on both the n64 & gc. They also have less space for multimedia.

It was also his tightly focused design that lead to a GC controller that is great for analogue (his) games, but with a useless d-pad for games that need it (mortal kombat, etc..)

And his lack of interest in online games has lead to nintendo being left behind in that area as well.

Its a shame that they guy who made the best nintendo games may have killed nintendo by not taking other's games into account.

Next Gen consoles:

I'm actually not looking forward to the next load of consoles.

While it is likely to bring improvements in graphics (though they are becoming less noticable over time) it looks like the main focus will be "entertainment centre integration" of dvd, mp3, pvr etc... This should be awesome...

Unfortunately the 2 big leaders are Microsoft and Sony, both of whom have terribly restrictive histories/views on rights management.

Both will try to control what you can record, transfer, view and where you can get it from and what format it is in. We will no-longer be able to own ANYTHING, we will just own licenses to use it, in the ways they let us. I'm not looking forward to that.

Currently a hacked XBOX is an absolutely awesome, OPEN, media and games centre... but with the next generation THEY will control all that.

imho...

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

A hardrive full? ... that's.. really spooky. :D

I hear tell you like the furries too.

Confirm/Deny?

:xp

firstly, I was being facetious about the FF pics, I dont have *any* cosplay pics, they freak me out.... :( I dont even know what you mean by furries ??

mtfbwya

Mike, looking at your av and sig, I must congratulate you on being LFNs first eunuch...a *real man* would never even contemplate suck a shocking display...

FF cosplay....I have found my true love

*makes sure gf is looking away*

Rinoa Heartily from FFVIII

costumes-rinoa-picture.jpg

Cosplay Rinoa

rinoa_09.jpg

she puts the RRRRrrrrr! in RPG (for me) :p

mtfbwya

Archived